Official Xbox Live Metal Slug 3 Leaderboard Thread

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Shit, I need to get on live. :(

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I'm still only at 6th. Trying to do much better. Though as was said by moon, I mess up at dumb places and then have to start over. It's a real pain to get to the 4th level and dies because of the randomness and then start over again. Oh well, I'm still keeping it on normal because I will get a lot lower score if I don't I hope to get up to 3rd place soon. I alwasy seem to mess up at the 2nd level boss or the 4th level boss (by just inches). Oh well, got to try harder!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Jedah Doma said:
Yea, I'm still only at 6th. Trying to do much better. Though as was said by moon, I mess up at dumb places and then have to start over. It's a real pain to get to the 4th level and dies because of the randomness and then start over again. Oh well, I'm still keeping it on normal because I will get a lot lower score if I don't I hope to get up to 3rd place soon. I alwasy seem to mess up at the 2nd level boss or the 4th level boss (by just inches). Oh well, got to try harder!

Yeah, the bosses and the ice cave are the things that get a lot harder on normal mode. I took a break from part 3 to play 5 some more because I hadn't played it more than a few times and I paid so much for it. And I think 5 will have a Live ranking sometime, too. I want to be sure to be on top of that game...

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I have level 5 (up until I get into the mothership) down to a science. Now I'm just trying to go through all the levels before with a good score and all the hostages. I thought of some new strategies for some levels and am going to try them out to day. Hopefully I can get my score up even higher. Best of luck to the rest of you. Moon, what other LIVE games do you have? We should play against eachother if we have any of the same games.

TheBigBB

The only other game I play is Wolfenstein. I'm thinking of getting a racer though. Rallisport 2 perhaps.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alright moon, I am right behind you in third now with this score:

Played it on normal, 4 lives, no continues. This was the very first time that I lost no lives until I got into the mothership. The first life I lost was at the red crab guys that are bouncing around. I got to the door right before you are free and got the fast zombie right in my face, but he puked on me. I was very happy that I didn't die at all on any boss on any level until the mothership. It's my first time I have ever done that. Now, I'm going to take a break and someday maybe I'll try to beat my score again. :D

TheBigBB

Congrats Jedah.

I'm so pissed off at this game right now. I don't even know if I'll play it again. I just figured out that the jewels in the ice cave are actually randomly dropped. you could get 0-3 30,000 jewels it seems. This past game I was working on a super high score and it gave me one lousy 30,000 jewel. I even rush to get them to make sure they don't disappear on me. It's horrible man. 60,000 points that are random? maybe 90,000 points? That's the difference between me and you on the scoreboard. It just upsets me a lot that it's like that. Most of the game is not like that. WHY is the ice cave? I swear they didn't put much thought into that section of the game. I actually think it's impossible on hard difficulty.... I can't wait for 4 and 5 on Xbox Live because I'm pretty sure neither of those has scoring issues quite like that.... Where a single section could make or break your score just randomly....

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I agree. My run hrough actually gave me about 3-4 of those 30,000 jewels. I'm not sure how they are randomly decided, but I guess that's just how they do it. Also, what is the score difference between easy and normal. I know you get a lower score if you play it on easy, but by how much? EX:

Normal 1st level: 700,000 points
Easy 1st Level: 500,000 points

Does anyone know for sure?

TheBigBB

The score difference depends heavily on how you play. The score difference between the difficulties is basically just how many hits enemies take. My guess is the same player playing the same way all the way through the game would lose about 400k points for each difficulty in hits alone. It's at least 25k or so for each boss...

I know that I actually get 760,000 on easy mode for mission 1. Some people might not even get that much on normal. :p

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So do you have any big scretes or tips you use to get a big score. I know I have a couple of things I try to do to get a good scoe, but nothing amazing. I have been looking for a score glitch (ex. enemy keeps coming on screen and you keep recieving point etc.), but haven't found one as of yet. Do any of you know?

TheBigBB

Jedah Doma said:
So do you have any big scretes or tips you use to get a big score. I know I have a couple of things I try to do to get a good scoe, but nothing amazing. I have been looking for a score glitch (ex. enemy keeps coming on screen and you keep recieving point etc.), but haven't found one as of yet. Do any of you know?

Small things... Mission one on the boat I stand there and knife the guys. The second form of the boat wont give points for that though. Also with the zombies I'll try to jump behind and knife them and try to make them spawn all the people as zombies. This is stuff I didn't do that well for my top score run, though.

A quick way to add 20k points also is to learn how to do the copter part in mission 2 as a zombie. Turn into a zombie instead of getting the enemey chaser. As a zombie, you're impervious to enemy bullets. The only thing that will kill you is more zombie puke. So what you do is turn around and hit the zombies and take your time and kill all of them. If a med pack drops, do get it because that's 1000 points. Just be prepared to do some heavy dodging once you're human again.

Last edited:

TheBigBB

I am sick right now. My game bugged out in the middle of the best run i ever had ever. I cannot believe it. Fuck x 100. Some of the things I did that game are almost unreproducable. I beat the third boss with the slug intact. That's so hard to do it's disgusting. IAGGGHGHGHAGHsgh

The game froze on the ariplane part. It wouldn't scroll the action. It thought I wasn't ready to go on as if I didn't kill everything. I am so fucking pissed. It must be an Xbox emu problem. agh. beware guys. This is going to drvie me mad.
I had been complaining before that the game was bugging out sometimes and doing things I thought couldn't happen. Now I'm pretty sure it just might actually do that every so often. Not a lot, but like... fuck it. This is lame.

TheBigBB

I think it was the part with the motorcycles. I think it might let you kill a motorcyle before his rider spawns. Offscreen. Don't spam shots straight ahead down there at that part....
I know for sure that you can make the hidden hostage not appear on mission 4 at the beginning, hykutaro ichimonji, the hadoken guy, by destroying his sandbags before they're onscreen. That had to be what caused this bug. What a load of crap. I don't know if it's an Xbox emu problem, but I always kinda thought MS3 had a few poorly designed parts.... Maybe it's just a rare but possible bug on any version.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea man, that sucks abotu the game bugging. Although I did do a score comparison between easy and normal mode on the 1st level. Here are the comparisions:

1st level EASY score: 747,590
1st level NORMAL score: 764,220

I think I know why you get a lower score. It's not because you get less points per item of hit, but enemies take less hit hence less points per enemy added up through the whol level gives you those less points. For example, at the first of the level when you shoot the water and get the fish, on both easy on normal, you get score of 4,300. So it doesn't lower the points for sure. Alright, time for some more killing. :D

BTW: Where the heck is everyone else? I know me and moon can't be the only ones who have Slug and LIVE. Even if you don't have LIVE, at least post your scores.

TheBigBB

Well I just got a better score. I messed up a lot at the end, though, missing a bunch of the red groups at the space part and dying in stupid spots on the mothership. I'll have that 6.5 million someday!!!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I just saw your new score. For now I'm happy with my 3rd place. I also finally beat the game and am pretty confident that I cuold beat you score for sure now. I had about 3,500,000 at the end of level 5 (just going through that level alone), so I figure with the rest of my score, I could be pretty close to beating you. I'm taking a break from normal arcade mode to play the fat island and storming the mothership (and getting owned on those games also). So for now I'm taking it easy with a happy smile now that I have beat the game.

Now that I have actually beaten the last level, it gives me confidence that I can go through the whole game now and beat it, so someday soon I'll be going for second place so watch out moon. :D

BTW: I'LL NEVER BEAT FNG WITH HIS FREAKING 8 MILLION + SCORE!! HOW DOES HE DO IT!! :(

TheBigBB

Jedah Doma said:
Yea, I just saw your new score. For now I'm happy with my 3rd place. I also finally beat the game and am pretty confident that I cuold beat you score for sure now. I had about 3,500,000 at the end of level 5 (just going through that level alone), so I figure with the rest of my score, I could be pretty close to beating you. I'm taking a break from normal arcade mode to play the fat island and storming the mothership (and getting owned on those games also). So for now I'm taking it easy with a happy smile now that I have beat the game.

Now that I have actually beaten the last level, it gives me confidence that I can go through the whole game now and beat it, so someday soon I'll be going for second place so watch out moon. :D

BTW: I'LL NEVER BEAT FNG WITH HIS FREAKING 8 MILLION + SCORE!! HOW DOES HE DO IT!! :(

Well, I know I can beat my score by at least a couple hundred thousand more. I don't expect to be in second forever, but I'll try my damnedest. My theory on the FNG guy is that he's someone who did elite score compeition for MS3 in the past. It's typical of those Japanese whizes to simply go by three letters. I think you might have to play the game on hard mode to get that many points, though. A lot of it has to be from weapon contact. There might also be some stalling techniques I don't know about. I think you can get a ton more points at a few times in the space part by stalling a lot when those giant circular ships are there. I might see if I can do that.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, he probably had some score competition. I just can't believe it, I mean it's 3 million even over mine or yours so he's not just good, he's freaking perfect. I can almost guarentee you he didn't die once. What a guy.(jealous)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alrighty, I got a new score. Here it is:

I beat the game and I don't know why I didn't beat Moon's score!! I went through perfectly. I didn't even die! I got the hostages and the tank bonus and still I'm about 300,000 points off. Moon, you got the be doing something special man, because I can't figure it out. I got all teh secrets, went through the game perfectly and still didn't get as high of a score as you did. You even said you died a couple of times and still you have a higher score then me. I just don't get it. :crying:

TheBigBB

Jedah Doma said:
Alrighty, I got a new score. Here it is:

I beat the game and I don't know why I didn't beat Moon's score!! I went through perfectly. I didn't even die! I got the hostages and the tank bonus and still I'm about 300,000 points off. Moon, you got the be doing something special man, because I can't figure it out. I got all teh secrets, went through the game perfectly and still didn't get as high of a score as you did. You even said you died a couple of times and still you have a higher score then me. I just don't get it. :crying:

Hmmm... Yeah if I actually had not messed up I'd have had at least 6.2 million. Well, I do a LOT of knifing on mission 1 and 2. I don't use the super grenade. I stall to knife guys on the boat in its first form when they give points. I try to knife all the zombies in the beginning of mission 2. I turn into a zombie to go down and meet the copters so that I can safely pellet gun everything instead of quickly blowing it all up with the enemy chaser. On the mothership I stop and knife all the spiders I can. Stuff like that might add up. I don't know for sure.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, but I already did all that stuff. Although I have been knifing, I have picked up the super grenade. Maybe I should not pick up weapons next time. I mean I know it gives me more points, but you are about 300,000 ahead of me which would be a lot of knifing!! :D

TheBigBB

By the way, congrats on the new score and it's especially nice to see another guy on the time ranking who didn't just submit the default score.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
buttasuperb said:
Yea I realize that, but like you said, with the extra lives you can still up your score some.

I just wish it said how many lives people used to get their scores in addition to the continues.

That's too bad. I thought all the high scores people are getting were using
arcade style defaults, 3 lives in at least normal mode? :spock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
The five lives thing isn't such a huge deal for me, since there's no fuckin' way I'd be able to beat level 5 with three. However, being able to play it on easy is pretty fuckin gh3y, they should have a special nub scoreboard for people that ho out like that :oh_no: