Official Xbox Live Metal Slug 3 Leaderboard Thread

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Simple. Post your LIVE name / your current score.

When you improve your score just update your original post. Lets try to keep it to this format with out too many comments on the game as there are other threads discussing that already.

KONTACT 29th 1,570,500

Last edited:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
so far 1331550, live name of course is buttasuperb

the goal is get through level 1 and 2 without losing a life, I just can't put the perfect run together in level 2. I either die somewhere in the ice cave, or against the boss. it's pretty much guaranteed that if i get through the ice cave, i'll die against the boss. or if i die in the ice cave, i'll beat the boss without losing a life. :envy:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
buttasuperb said:
so far 1331550, live name of course is buttasuperb

the goal is get through level 1 and 2 without losing a life, I just can't put the perfect run together in level 2. I either die somewhere in the ice cave, or against the boss. it's pretty much guaranteed that if i get through the ice cave, i'll die against the boss. or if i die in the ice cave, i'll beat the boss without losing a life. :envy:

what are you ranked?

10 Year Member
34th I think.

One credit scores are automatically at the top. If you use a continue to further up your score, you are automatically below any one credit scores. Only thing that's lame is that it doesn't say how many lives people are using for the score, since you can up it to 5.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
As soon as I get on live I'm going to PWN joo butta :D.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Level 5 is a fucking beeyatch. All that work to get to the end and then *greasy fart sound*, right down the porcelain queen. :oh_no:

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
I always lose a life on stage 2 boss. Pisses me off, I somehow always managed to get trapped in the corner and killed, which causes me to lose my points for the president.

Ranked 54th currently.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Gamertag: Jedah Doma

As of now:
--------------
4th place
Score: 4,646,590

I'm really going to have to work on the 2nd level. I save all the P.O.W.s and get to the end boss, but he always seems to get me with one of those balls so I lose em all. Other then that, I'm going to try and improve on my score to see if I can get 2nd (right now the #1 guy have over 8 million points :eek: )

If you want to get ahold of me, send me a freinds request on LIVE. My gamertag is also Jedah Doma.

Last edited:

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Tag: DMHawkmoon
Place: 2
Score: 5,185,650

Well first off, I should mention that I have had the game for 2 years and I got good enough to where I could 1-credit the game potentially, though it never quite happened. To get my score all I did was I got halfway through the mothership without dying. Then I messed up big time on the spiders part and lost my final life on the big boss after you save morden because I didn't time my dodging properly. But it was a good run. I had a "great" on every mission.. But I played very very conservatively because I just wanted to post a good first score. You'll see higher scores from me for sure as long as I keep playing.

That 8 million score is definitely not bullshit. I know it's passable. You'd pass that if you beat the game on the hard mode without dying for sure. IT ALSO MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IF YOU FIND AND COLLECT ALL THE TREASURE! I'm not even sure if I know where it all is. Maybe I'll write down my level-by-level scores next good run I have and we can see if I have a weak-point that someone could help with. We should all help each other be top 10 and own that scoreboard. I'm also going to do the other score competitions and see what's up with them.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I'm down to 6th now. I want to get back up again and get an even better score, but I mess up every once and awhile. Just one little mis-step and you're scred sometimes.

TheBigBB

It looks like a lot more people are submitting scores now. I'm still 2nd, but this one guy is within 50,000 of me now, and when I went to look at butta's score, he's pushed down to like 60th or something. It's good to see the competition already heating up!

I also see Daybona on there, but he hasn't posted here yet.. hmmm

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Actually, Daybona posted the last time I checked. Also, I'm on my way to getting an even better score, so watch out for me my man. I may be at #6, but not for long. I hope to at least get 3rd or second. I just have to do much better. One question, what settng do you play it at to get your best scores and from what level do you start at? I myself am at normal mode and start at the first level. I know the harder it gets, the more points you get, but I didn't know if that made that huge of a difference or not.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Heck, as many points you can get on Mission 5 alone (on easy), that 8 million doesn't look that bad. Yes, you do get a significant point increase with higher difficulty levels (outside of the end-of-level bonuses), but once push comes to shove, that will end up being that main way to get 1st place, in the future.

TheBigBB

Kirk Foiden said:
Heck, as many points you can get on Mission 5 alone (on easy), that 8 million doesn't look that bad. Yes, you do get a significant point increase with higher difficulty levels (outside of the end-of-level bonuses), but once push comes to shove, that will end up being that main way to get 1st place, in the future.

Yeah, you can get 3 million no problem just putting it on easy mode and doing okay on mission 5. That's how I know I can do better... Cause I usually have like 2 million after mission 3, so if I just do perfect again on mission 4 and do well on 5 I'll have 6 million no prob....

Oh, and I meant that Daybona hadn't posted in this thread, Jedah. :P

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Ahhh I see. Well I just die at the wrong times. Sometimes I do awesme on a boss and never die, then sometimes I die once. It just really sucks and sometimes you are so nervous and just hoping that little bullet won't hit you. I'm going to get to the point where I can get at least to the enemy spaceship without dying. I mean, if you spliced up all my good runs, I had a time, each time, where I didn't die at all during a certain boss. I just wish I could combine those all into one time through! :very_ang: ;) :)

TheBigBB

I posted some scores for the mothership things. Not sure what the tricks those guys are using to beat it to quickly are, but I can almost get the top score by a lot. If I could just beat it with the shield guy. I've gotten sooo far with him. Bleh.

I can't seem to get another worthwhile game going in the normal arcade though. I have gotten to mission 4 a few times without dying but I keep getting messed up there. I don't know how many times I can stomach doing this and then dying to something new and weird. That's the one thing that can be annoying about Metal Slug games: enemy actions are so random that you could play a part one way 100 times and then on the 101st time you get killed by something that hadn't happened before. Ick.

TheBigBB

New top score. This one's especially frustrating though because I actually died once on the mission 4 boss so none of my hostages for that level counted. Not sure how I managed a new best in light of that, but I did. I got up to the part in the mother ship with your ally encased in the liquid and the zombies popping out. Playing that soldier mini-game definitely improved my game on those sections though. I only got to the mothership with 3 lives in reserve. And I got farther than I got the last time when I had 5 lives at that point. There's room for much progress though...

Score: 5,230,040

TheBigBB

New scores!

Arcade Mission Score: 5,748,440
Arcade Mission Time: 57:42

OMFG I just had a near perfect game (on easy mode, so now I will work on the perfect game in normal) ! I beat my old best score by a shitload and only missed some points for one or two red groups of ships on the vertical shooter part and didn't get credit for hostages on mission 5 since I died a few times toward the end. But sweet! I one credited it with a life in reserve! Is anyone else playing this shit anymore though? lol.... Well I'm going to be putting it on normal from now on to boost my score some more. There's no doubt that I can do as well on normal. I always used to do real well on normal before. I was just playing easy because I wanted to guarantee a good score to start with and it actually is not bad to practice with for strats and such. I'm able to consistently get farther and practice trouble spots more often.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm still playing. I just am not as far as you are. I'm still trying to get Mission 5 down pat. I can see what I need to do, but I'm just trying to work my execution down to it. I think I can rip through levels 1, 2, and 3 ok. 4, I'm still iffy. 5, I'm working on. I think once I get down 5, the rest of 4 will not be a problem.

TheBigBB

buttasuperb said:
Using 5 lives instead of 3 is cheesy, imo.

But I guess since everyone else is doing it, might as well right?

Well, I basically start over if I die. For the most part, your score suffers if you die. All the 5 lives does really is allow you to beat the game and get a few more points at the end...

10 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
Well, I basically start over if I die. For the most part, your score suffers if you die. All the 5 lives does really is allow you to beat the game and get a few more points at the end...

Yea I realize that, but like you said, with the extra lives you can still up your score some.

I just wish it said how many lives people used to get their scores in addition to the continues.

TheBigBB

buttasuperb said:
Yea I realize that, but like you said, with the extra lives you can still up your score some.

I just wish it said how many lives people used to get their scores in addition to the continues.

I agree. I'm just trying to get the best score I can though. I guess it's not so bad since everyone on that ranking is in the same boat. Most people - the vast majority - think easy with 5 lives is way too hard even, judging from GameFAQs and reviews. I don't know why people don't realize that MS takes some learning. Some people don't even know the fundamentals. Things like... How you're invincible if you jump off the camel or elephant. I've used that to my advantage many times. Also, rushing guys with your knife instead of sitting back and shooting... Sometimes you're fucked unless you're aggressive like that.