capcom and snk are about even

poppycock

Crossed Swords Squire
no i posted in the original topic that Gen would beat (forget his name now) because Gen before he dies is considered a top teir character in the Capcom Officiall Cannon meaning he has the same fighting level as Gouki, Gill, Vega etc etc where as the SNK character was of a much lower teir,Gen also survives GOuki's instant hell murder thats pretty damn powerful if you ask me
your reply was of the ilk that all Capcom top teir characters were only lower teir SNK fighters (fanboy talk) because of their lack of "spectacularity" in their moves and because they're art style (In your opinion) was as good

now you do know that through the years the SF characters and series has gone through more artistic changes than the SNK ones so your arguent there goes out the window

and all youve done is come back with fanboy spital about how wonderful you are at fighting games but lack any knowledge (as was shown by rain) on SFA3

your fanboy rants are tired and old

you talk about things not changing since 1994 and as much as i love the KoF series the art really hasnt changed all that much through the years
while the art quality has slowly improved over the years the style really hasnt changed at all since 1994

now lets look at the SF series which you say has grown stale and stagnant
SSF2T has a different style from the Alpha series which has a different style from SF3 series

so in fact your argument that Capcom has gotten stale with its art is complete bullshit and in fact the Art in the SF series has changed more and grown more than the art in KoF

not that theres anything wrong with it because i do wuite love the KoF series but your arguments are soley fanboy based and complete and total bs

now please go home
before you hurt yourslef

Crazyman_bob

Galford's Armourer
Originally posted by poppycock:
<strong>

you know i thought in this day and age we could move past things like fanboyism i thought SNK and Capcom had come together in a blessed union of fighting games

i feel that programmers and artists from both Capcom and SNK would feel ashamed to read some of the posts here

you dishonor those that make the things you love with fanboyism</strong><hr></blockquote>

Fanboyism is nothing to be ashamed of... *coughresidentvilfanboyherecough*

<strong> no i posted in the original topic that Gen would beat (forget his name now) because Gen before he dies is considered a top teir character in the Capcom Officiall Cannon meaning he has the same fighting level as Gouki, Gill, Vega etc etc where as the SNK character was of a much lower teir,Gen also survives GOuki's instant hell murder thats pretty damn powerful if you ask me
your reply was of the ilk that all Capcom top teir characters were only lower teir SNK fighters (fanboy talk) because of their lack of "spectacularity" in their moves and because they're art style (In your opinion) was as good </strong><hr></blockquote>

If you refer to stories ("Gen survived Gouki´s Shungokusatsu") then let me tell you, that Tung Fu Rue influenced Terry Bogard, Geese Howard. 2 Top Tier Fighters of Fatal Fury. If you don´t get it with "spectacular" then let me explain to you like I would it explain to a child.

i.E. The way Terry Bogard´s Power wave is drawn and made lets it look much more powerful than Ryu´s outdated Hadouken.

This counts for many moves. They look far more deadly.

<strong>
now you do know that through the years the SF characters and series has gone through more artistic changes than the SNK ones so your arguent there goes out the window </strong><hr></blockquote>

They did what? Hey, idiot, the Fatal Fury
series had more "facelifts" than the Street Fighters. Don´t talk shit.

<strong>
and all youve done is come back with fanboy spital about how wonderful you are at fighting games but lack any knowledge (as was shown by rain) on SFA3

your fanboy rants are tired and old </strong><hr></blockquote>

And yours are shit and irrelevant. You refuse to face the truth.

<strong>
you talk about things not changing since 1994 and as much as i love the KoF series the art really hasnt changed all that much through the years
while the art quality has slowly improved over the years the style really hasnt changed at all since 1994 </strong><hr></blockquote>

I give a shit on KoF, altough even their the moves look more powerful (at least the Supers). That´s Fran´s favourite, not mine. Another proof that you have no clue. KoF was not SNK first title, it is just their Mainstream title.

<strong> now lets look at the SF series which you say has grown stale and stagnant
SSF2T has a different style from the Alpha series which has a different style from SF3 series
so in fact your argument that Capcom has gotten stale with its art is complete bullshit and in fact the Art in the SF series has changed more and grown more than the art in KoF </strong><hr></blockquote>

Their changes did not make Street Fighter more exciting. Neither their facelifts, nor their "style" changes. They should improve their powers.

<strong>
not that theres anything wrong with it because i do wuite love the KoF series but your arguments are soley fanboy based and complete and total bs

now please go home
before you hurt yourslef</strong><hr></blockquote>

Fuck yourself, asshole! Once again I say you are no big number here to tell me what I should do. If you can not face how things are, your the poor loser.

And now shut up, Street Fighter lackey!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Okay serious time.......

Gen did survive Goukis Raging Demon. That can be seen in his ending for SFA3. Something you WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF, as you claim you play StreetFighter at a high level. You clearly don't. You didn't even know Guy could dash. You didn't know that V-ISM is the dominent Tier. You don't even know that Guile is broken in SF2. This is almost common knowledge to anyone who plays a lot of fighting games.

This comment:
(i.E. The way Terry Bogard´s Power wave is drawn and made lets it look much more powerful than Ryu´s outdated Hadouken.)
Is embarrasing. Terry has been throwing the same Power Waves since FF1. Both moves are outdated.

Tung Fu Rue influencing Terry and Geese is a fair point, but a flawed one. Tung knew he perhaps couldn't defeat Geese, so he trained terry to do so. More common knowledge, that most True players should know.

The Fatal Fury series has had about 4 true face lifts. 1, 2, 3 and Garou. Real Bout used an enhancement of 3's general look. Streetfighter has one less, they have the original, Alpha and 3 looks. But, on a broader scale, both sides can be seen as lazy in this regard.

Whether KOF's moves look more powerful or not is a moot point, its all about gameplay. Your comments about a game looking more spectacular are worrying. If a game is more spectacular, does it make it better? You seem to think so. If so, you are not a hardcore SNK gamer at all, merely a graphics whore.

Your childish insults make your points more pathetic. I must admit, it is fun arguing with you, but I feel that i'm getting dumber by the minute. Your response will possibly be filled with more dumb insults about Gayness, Avartars, Sigs etc.... Which is quite sad. As you can see, this is quite a different post than normal, and will remain a one off. Both SNK and Capcom make some of the best games of all time. No-one will think less of you if you play a StreetFighter game. Just because its more Mainstream doesn't make it crap. Too hate something thats mainstream, is quite sad, and the only person your hurting... is yourself by not broadening your horizons.

Be warned The_Move. If you continue your lame FanBoyish rants, I'll (And i'm sure others)will never get off your back. Please read this post and think before you reply.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
<strong>no i posted in the original topic that Gen would beat (forget his name now) because Gen before he dies is considered a top teir character in the Capcom Officiall Cannon meaning he has the same fighting level as Gouki, Gill, Vega etc etc where as the SNK character was of a much lower teir,Gen also survives GOuki's instant hell murder thats pretty damn powerful if you ask me
your reply was of the ilk that all Capcom top teir characters were only lower teir SNK fighters (fanboy talk) because of their lack of "spectacularity" in their moves and because they're art style (In your opinion) was as good
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep Gen and Guy were the top tier characters in Alpha3. They required a lot of skill to play as and they could easily take out the shoto players. So I agree with you there.

<strong>now you do know that through the years the SF characters and series has gone through more artistic changes than the SNK ones so your arguent there goes out the window </strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope I'm afraid you're wrong there. You are thinking of KoF only. I'm not a KoF fan so I'll let someone else back them up. But Fatal Fury has certainly gone through a lot of artistic changes, a lot more than SF. Samurai Shodown has also improved.

<strong>
while the art quality has slowly improved over the years the style really hasnt changed at all since 1994

Again, don't think KoF is SNK's only fighting game. The other games have certainly improved.

<strong>
now lets look at the SF series which you say has grown stale and stagnant
Yes the art has improved but Ryu hasn't changed at all, he still has the same moves he always had. You'll probably argue if it's not broken don't fix it. But look at Terry. He was a complete character from the start, later in the FF series he gained the Round Wave, Power Dive, Passing Sway and Power Charge.

<strong>
so in fact your argument that Capcom has gotten stale with its art is complete bullshit and in fact the Art in the SF series has changed more and grown more than the art in KoF

Look, you got to quit comparing SF to KoF only, your only complaint seems to be that KoF has poorer graphics. KoF is just SNK's most popular series that is all. By any chance have you played the Real Bout Fatal Fury games. They had better graphics and gameplay than any of the SFs out at the time. It's just a shame SNK didn't bother making a 3rd Real Bout.

1. Terry´s Power Wave and especially the Burnknuckle do not look the same as in FF1, altough it is still the same move.

2. I know that Animation in SF A3, where Gen can block Gouki´s Shungokusatsu. I also know the animation, where Evil Ryu and Gouki do a Shungokusatsu and get an overload. You tell me nothing you. I even completed World Tour and got all chars.

3. Now I warn you, asshole! As I said before you tell me nothing new. That´s why I know you turn the shittiest things to big deals, if they could be your favour.

So shut up and search for a SF Forum, idiot.

We have no need for shittalkers like you here.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I warned you.

(1. Terry´s Power Wave and especially the Burnknuckle do not look the same as in FF1, altough it is still the same move.)

They look the same! Buy some glassies FanBoy!

(2. I know that Animation in SF A3, where Gen can block Gouki´s Shungokusatsu. I also know the animation, where Evil Ryu and Gouki do a Shungokusatsu and get an overload. You tell me nothing you. I even completed World Tour and got all chars. )

Its in the ending! Play the game and you'll see! You are so full of shit! Why spend time, getting good at a game you hate? Its all bullshit. You don't own SFA3. You've possibly played it a few times but thats it.

(3. Now I warn you, asshole! As I said before you tell me nothing new. That´s why I know you turn the shittiest things to big deals, if they could be your favour.)

More lame threats/Insults. You sir, ae an embarresment to Neo-Geo.com.

(So shut up and search for a SF Forum, idiot.)

Explained this about 6 times now......

(We have no need for shittalkers like you here.)

The only one talking shit here is you, Mein Freund :)

Duck Dance 420

New Challenger
The way Terry Bogard´s Power wave is drawn and made lets it look much more powerful than Ryu´s outdated Hadouken.
<hr></blockquote>

Very very true indeed! And at least, unlike stupid Ryu, Terry at least has more than 3 moves! Let's compare the two.

Ryu Terry
Hadouken Power Wave
Shoryuken Burn Knuckle
Tatsumakisenpukyaku Rising Tackle
Crack Shoot
Power Dunk
Power Charge
Punch Combo(KOF 99)
Kick Combo (KOF 99)

And those are just the specials. That should give you a clue as to which company is more creative.

poppycock

Crossed Swords Squire
BigFred I wasnt comparing SF (one series) to all of SNK i compared one series to another series

im not saying SNK is bad (why do people here keep thinking that) my point was he hounds Capcom for having "bad art" and not changing and SNK did similar things with the KoF series

SF isnt the only fighting series Capcom has either
you have the Darkstalkers series, power Stone, the SFEX games, Cyberbots, etc etc

I love both companies and both rock the house but some of his comments are just blatant fanboyism through and through

and im sorry just because something looks more specatacular doesnt make it better

ill give you an example a firework looks much much more spectacular than your average cannon ball say

which one would you take into battle though ?

Originally posted by Rain:
<strong>
They look the same! Buy some glassies FanBoy!</strong><hr></blockquote>

You are the one who need glasses, fuckboy!

<strong>
Its in the ending! Play the game and you'll see! You are so full of shit! Why spend time, getting good at a game you hate? Its all bullshit. You don't own SFA3. You've possibly played it a few times but thats it. </strong><hr></blockquote>

It is not only in the last fight! This animation can even be seen in practise mode you poor loser!

<strong> More lame threats/Insults. You sir, ae an embarresment to Neo-Geo.com.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wrong again! You are the nuisance and a shame to this board!

<strong>
The only one talking shit here is you, Mein Freund </strong><hr></blockquote>

Ich bin nicht Dein Freund, Du kleiner Hosenscheisser!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
(You are the one who need glasses, fuckboy!)

The moves look the same! Sorry if your FanBoyness won't allow you to accept that, but its the truth.

(It is not only in the last fight! This animation can even be seen in practise mode you poor loser!)

What? It comes up whenever Gen fights Gouki not just in practise mode.... But i was stating how you didn't know it appeared in the ending, thus proving you had not played as Gen much, so you could not make a assumption on his overall power level.

(Wrong again! You are the nuisance and a shame to this board!)

Sad.

(Ich bin nicht Dein Freund, Du kleiner Hosenscheisser! )

Uh.... Yeah.

<strong> The moves look the same! Sorry if your FanBoyness won't allow you to accept that, but its the truth.

SUUUURE the drawings are the same from FF1 till Garou MotW.

Do not make me laugh, idiot.

You more and more show your incompetence.

And at least in my SF A3 DC Version I can see that Gen/Gouki opening provoke animation when entering practise mode and select Gouki and Gen

I refuse to play with Gen, coz he sucks.

He has a large array of moves, but nothing really exciting.

Tung Fu Rue more limited array is superior and far more exciting.

His Shou Ha would mean Gen´s end all the way.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
(SUUUURE the drawings are the same from FF1 till Garou MotW.)

The drawings aren't the same, but the actual move looks the same. Do you even know what your saying anymore?

(Do not make me laugh, idiot.

You more and more show your incompetence.)

No, you show your ignorance. You have never played any SF at a high level, thats obvious.

(And at least in my SF A3 DC Version I can see that Gen/Gouki opening provoke animation when entering practise mode and select Gouki and Gen)

I never said you couldn't! Did you read my other posts?!!? Your repeating your old arguments!

(I refuse to play with Gen, coz he sucks.)

But, you said you'd played as him before... in fact, you said you'd played SF a lot... He's actually one of the better fighters at high level play.

(He has a large array of moves, but nothing really exciting.)

Irrelevent. He gets the job done, and is a hard fighter to predict.

(Tung Fu Rue more limited array is superior and far more exciting.)

What does excitement have to do with contest play? Tung's highest ranking was in FFS BTW, Not RBS or RB2. Tung lacks a good mid range move in either RB, so he's not a hard character to counter.

(His Shou Ha would mean Gen´s end all the way.)

In overall gameplay strengh, Gen has been ranked higher in competitions. Thats not FanBoyism, thats the truth. Look up any tourney results. You have once again proved to me, that you don't play SF very well at all, and you try to hide that with silly, childish remarks. I would recommend you get some practise in.

Lone Wolf

n00b
Actually, Terry has changed quite a bit, both in moves and appearance. For example, in FF1 his power wave was short range and went slow. In FF2, it goes all the way across the screen and is much faster. In KOF 96, it is a pillar of energy that goes short range, but knocks down. I could go on for a while, but I'll say this, too...

SNK is better than Capcom. Period!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Lone Wolf:
<strong>Actually, Terry has changed quite a bit, both in moves and appearance. For example, in FF1 his power wave was short range and went slow. In FF2, it goes all the way across the screen and is much faster. In KOF 96, it is a pillar of energy that goes short range, but knocks down. I could go on for a while, but I'll say this, too...

SNK is better than Capcom. Period!</strong><hr></blockquote>

But the look of the move remains the same... (How Terry throws it, not the actual wave) That was the point of discussion.

@Rain

I play any SF at level 8!

And this is no big deal IMO!

So do not talk about obvious, coz you have no clue at all.

@poppycock

Who the hell talks about KoF?!

Not me!

KoF is by far the least exciting series for the NEO. It is mainstream stuff!

Do not talk such a shit!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by the_move:
<strong>@Rain

I play any SF at level 8!

And this is no big deal IMO!

So do not talk about obvious, coz you have no clue at all.</strong><hr></blockquote>

At level 8. Level 8. A CPU opponent is nothing compared to a real opponent! I'm starting to doubt your SNK skills now, if all you fight against is the Comp.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<strong>@poppycock

Who the hell talks about KoF?!

Not me!

KoF is by far the least exciting series for the NEO. It is mainstream stuff!

Do not talk such a shit!</strong><hr></blockquote>

At Poppycock BUT: Mainstream stuff? That shows how shallow you really are. Who the fuck would call KOF mainstream? You are a sad, fake of a Fighting games player and have no skill at all apart from playing against the comp. Go home please.

<strong>

At level 8. Level 8. A CPU opponent is nothing compared to a real opponent! I'm starting to doubt your SNK skills now, if all you fight against is the Comp.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I also have human competition, but also I am playin against the CPU. But I must admit the AI of the Streeties is not very high!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<strong>

Well I also have human competition, but also I am playin against the CPU. But I must admit the AI of the Streeties is not very high!</strong><hr></blockquote>

All AL has holes in it. Take RBS or MVC2 for example. Both of the AL's for those games are a joke.

<strong>

At Poppycock BUT: Mainstream stuff? That shows how shallow you really are. Who the fuck would call KOF mainstream? You are a sad, fake of a Fighting games player and have no skill at all apart from playing against the comp. Go home please.</strong><hr></blockquote>

KoF is mainstream stuff!

And about that sad fake fighting games player with no skill, be glad that I do not live in your neighbourhood. Otherwise I would beat you in those games as much as IRL.

Me go home? I am at home! How about fuck yourself and shut your shitfilled mouth?!

I know how to play fighters. They´re my most favourite genre.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
(KoF is mainstream stuff!)

How?!!? Western KOF play is very low, and even in other countries, its never Mainstream!

(And about that sad fake fighting games player with no skill, be glad that I do not live in your neighbourhood. Otherwise I would beat you in those games as much as IRL.)

Nah, you have no skill as you have proved with your lame posts so far.

(Me go home? I am at home! How about fuck yourself and shut your shitfilled mouth?!)

Shitfilled! Classic!

(I know how to play fighters. They´re my most favourite genre.)

Against the CPU? Sure. Against a Human? Nah.