offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan passes away

WWE is saddened to learn that WWE Hall of Famer Bobby Heenan, regarded by many as the greatest manager in sports-entertainment history, has passed away at age 73.

With a career spanning more than four decades, Heenan was the “The Brain” behind some of the most prolific Superstars in sports-entertainment history. Heenan plied his trade as their mischievous manager by running his mouth on their behalf with a sarcastic wit considered among the best in the business.

Heenan named competitors under his guidance as the Heenan Family, a moniker meant to show the strength of their alliance over any opposition. Members of the Heenan Family in the AWA and WWE read like the who’s who of sports-entertainment, including Legends and WWE Hall of Famers such as Nick Bockwinkel, the Blackjacks, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, the Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard), Harley Race, and of course, the first WWE Hall of Famer, Andre the Giant, whom Heenan led to the ring at WrestleMania III before 93,173 fans.

As impossible as it may seem, Heenan’s overwhelming success as a manager was matched by that of his announcing career. Heenan’s constant verbal jousts with fellow WWE Hall of Famers Gorilla Monsoon and “Mean” Gene Okerlund on USA Network remain among the most memorable moments in sports-entertainment history. In fact, “The Brain” was so entertaining that "The Bobby Heenan Show" had a brief run on USA Network as well.

In addition, “The Brain” was part of the original broadcast team for Monday Night Raw in 1993, and also sat at the announce table for both Raw and WCW Monday Nitro.

WWE extends its condolences to Heenan’s family, friends and fans.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
RIP to the real GOAT.

Great announcer, and I was telling my wife (who told me the news of his death) he was a great manager. He's up there with Jimmy Hart and Mr. Fuji, but better on the mic than those.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
About two and a half years ago, Flip Gordon had his first professional match in front of a crowd of 15 people. Earlier this week he scored a pin in a tag match on Ultimo Guerrero in front of over 15,000 people at the CMLL 84th Anniversary Show.

That's CMLL's flagship show, and the only non-WWE show in the history of North American wrestling to draw a one million dollar gate.

Meanwhile:
-WWE is desecrating the corpse of WCW once again by running a house show in North Carolina next month and calling it Starrcade.
-Anthem is already dropping the GFW branding and going back to Impact
-Bound for Glory will be held in Ottawa in a venue built in the 1800s. It has no seats so Impact will.have to bring their own bleachers and chairs.
-Jim Cornette is already gone from Impact because he isn't allowed in Canada due to numerous assault charges and convictions on his record

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Flip is awesome - good for him.

I know people give Cornette a lot of shit about everything he says and does, but he's always been one of my favorite personalities in wrestling.

I remember he did those shoots on Raw back in the day calling out pretty much everyone in the business and saying how bad the current products were. Ol' Corny gets heated when he goes on a rant.

famicommander

15 Year Member
He's a dinosaur. His mission in life is to take wrestling back to 1974 and then keep it there forever.

He can cut a promo but he's a terrible booker and a legitimate psycopath.

He needs to stay out of public life from this point forward. Anything positive he had to contribute to the world is 25+ years in the past.

JoeAwesome

I remember he did those shoots on Raw back in the day calling out pretty much everyone in the business and saying how bad the current products were. Ol' Corny gets heated when he goes on a rant.

He never stopped. The only difference is he does it online, now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
DKGbd-1U8AAKbvR.jpg:large

Chris Jericho is selling tickets to a cruise with a live ROH show on board plus music and comedy.

Sounds like a hell of a party. I wonder how WWE feels about him promoting ROH.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes... Cornette is a pariah for saying that dick spots destroy the suspension of disbelief.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yes... Cornette is a pariah for saying that dick spots destroy the suspension of disbelief.
No, he's a pariah because he has physically assaulted numerous fans, employees, and coworkers.

And he literally tried to hire someone to murder Vince Russo (who is also a human shitbag) because he's still butthurt Vince McMahon chose Russo over Cornette to be the booker two decades ago.

His views on wrestling in the modern era are laughable too, but the reason he's a pariah is because he constantly hurts and threatens people in real life.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hell of a crowd for Smackdown tonight
DKIKxD1V4AAbQzo

EDIT:

Upper level was tarped off at Raw last night too
$

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And he literally tried to hire someone to murder Vince Russo

The information on that one is a bit vague and sketchy.

His views on wrestling in the modern era are laughable too

I actually like his views. I don't always agree with them, but I find them refreshing.

The thing you have to realize is that he came of age when wrestling could fill small arenas 2, 4 times a month. Nowdays, the WWE has trouble filling the same arenas running twice a year.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He literally called Kenny Bolin, his best friend of 40+ years, bragging about hiring someone to do it.

Call me a bit skeptical on such hearsay.

either way, I appreciate his critique of wrestling and intimate knowledge of the the territories and feds that he took part in.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Call me a bit skeptical on such hearsay.

either way, I appreciate his critique of wrestling and intimate knowledge of the the territories and feds that he took part in.

The call happened and Bolin took it seriously enough to call Russo, which is why Russo has a restraining order against Cornette now.

And again, Cornette has so many assault charges and convictions he isn't even allowed in Canada. He admits this himself.

You can respect his historical knowledge all you want but the fact is the man is insane. He destoyed his own home office because he was mad about hearing Russo made money selling his house. He has been fired from ebery wrestling promotion that he didn't manage to put out of business first for his temper.

And he has no fucking clue what works in this business anymore. He was a great manager in his day and he's knowledgeable, but he's stuck in the past.

JoeAwesome

He destoyed his own home office because he was mad about hearing Russo made money selling his house.

Smokes would be pleased. RT Fami, why do you stay bent out of shape over WWE? I get it's far from perfect, but damn.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Smokes would be pleased. RT Fami, why do you stay bent out of shape over WWE? I get it's far from perfect, but damn.

I don't know if bent out of shape is the right phrase. More like a constant state of mild irritation whenever I think about wresting.

And it's not because they suck, but rather because they keep signing grest talent away from better promotions and then squandering them.

AJ Styles
Samoa Joe
Seth Rollins/Tyler Black
Shinsuke Nakamura
Sami Zayn/El Generico
Andrade Almas/La Sombra
The Broken Hardys
Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley
Adam Cole
Bobby Fish
Kyle O'Reilly
Rhino
Bobby Roode
Neville/PAC
Kevin Owens/Steen
Hideo Itami/KENTA
Finn Balor/Prince Devitt
Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows
Cedric Alexander
TJ Perkins
Oney Lorcan/Biff Busick
No Way Jose/Manny Garcia
Eric Young
Cesaro/Claudio Castognoli
Tommaso Ciampa
Johnny Gargano

Not one of those guys is better now than they were before they got to WWE. Even the TNA guys, and that promotion sucks shit too.

Instead of those guys doing new, interesting things and pushing the industry forward in NJPW/ROH/CMLL/etc, they're portraying sad shells of themselves in WWE. It's a loss all around.

WWE is a plague on this industry. Their product has been shit for more than a decade, which I never minded. But now they sre actively destroying good wrestling elsewhere in the world. They can suck all thry want but they need to stop taking eveyone else down the shitter with them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ahh, the lovely free market at work.

Nothing based on intellectual property law is free market, and it's definitely not the free market when the CEO of the company is friends with the president, who then appoints the CEO's wife to the head of the administration responsible for regulating the competition.

And even still, the free market simply gives people what they want. It's not a quality judgement about the competition. Sometimes people want shitty things. That's why the band U2 is a thing.