May The Force Be With You BITCHES!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but my wife is an avid fan of the franchise, so I bought tickets for her birthday this weekend.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Spoiler:
EVERYONE DIES!!!! How do you like THOSE beans ... mofo's...

xROTx

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I don't know how we are addressing spoilers in this thread but I found this film to be mediocre. I guess kind of like TFA.

Outside of the original trilogy, Rogue One is the only film I would save I love.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
For those that saw both, which is better? Bladerunner 2049 or TLJ?

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I don't know how we are addressing spoilers in this thread but I found this film to be mediocre. I guess kind of like TFA.

Outside of the original trilogy, Rogue One is the only film I would save I love.

The assumption should be simple. Don't look in a Star Wars thread about the new movie if you haven't seen it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I want to watch this but cant go to the theater until next year, maybe mid Jan...I got a feeling someone is going to spoil it for me.

I enjoyed TFA & Rogue, so im sure i'll like this one too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
bladerunner. not even close.

I agree with this but that is partially because we only have one taste of a BR sequel. We have had six films since the original Star Wars trilogy to go back to the universe as it were.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mean I haven't seen it yet

Spoiler:
but how the hell do you kill Snoke without revealing anything about the guy. retarded.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Blade Runner 2 was very cool but in 50 years time people won't give a fuck about it and talk about the original almost exclusively. Same with Prometheus and this new Star Wars Trilogy. These are all homajes to the greatness that where the originals. They are born of sheer fan rapture whereas the originals where made by intrepid, inspired folk who where set upon pushing the boundaries.
All these sequels and what have you, on the other hand, are little more than entertainment. Blade Runner 2 is fantastic in its own right, but I hesitate to accept it as a legit sequel.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I mean I haven't seen it yet

Spoiler:
but how the hell do you kill Snoke without revealing anything about the guy. retarded.

Agreed. This and ...

Spoiler:
You find out Admiral Ackbar was killed in a single sentence. That's all he gets. what a waste of a character. It's like they are intentionally trying to kill off old characters so they don't have to fuck with the cannon....

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I didn't like this as much as I liked TFA for some reason. Don't get me wrong - TLJ had its moments, but not enough of them.

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
I wanted to like it but overall I didn't really care for it. To much pointless side plot that did nothing, just glossing over larger plot points they setup in TFA, and just going back to the well when they didn't need to. That being said the movie was beautiful and there were some really great set pieces.

Spoiler:
Mary Poppins Leia was some of the dumbest shit I have seen in a Star Wars movie

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Spoiler:
Mary Poppins Leia was some of the dumbest shit I have seen in a Star Wars movie

This seems to be the general consensus, but I honestly didn't feel that when I saw it.

Spoiler:
I took it as fulfilling the idea from Rotj that Leia would eventually learn to use the force, at least to some degree.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I saw the other night and really liked it. The writing was smart and they weren't afraid to take risks. Heckuva movie.

Spoiler:
The most implausible Force power in the movie is the ability to sense and affect events light years away, and that was already there in IV and V anyway. If you're ok with that, then anything else including Leia floating around is trivial.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Regarding Leia,

Spoiler:
Jedi's surviving in space is a very common force power that has been done extensively in the legends cannon. It's not that much of a stretch.
The execution did look a little cheesy tho. I can agree to that.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I kinda want to see this, but I hate all the hype and silly people. My friend already seen this 3x. Like seriously, I have better things to do with my money and time.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
For those that saw both, which is better? Bladerunner 2049 or TLJ?

Blade Runner 2049 shits all over this movie.

I consider Blade Runner 2 unnecessary, but I consider TLJ insufferable.

Star Wars is dead.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I thought the movie was like a ride in 3d imax. Had me glued the entire movie till the end.

Marek

Banned
Blade Runner 2049 shits all over this movie.

I consider Blade Runner 2 unnecessary, but I consider TLJ insufferable.

Star Wars is dead.

-sigh-

The incessant humor was forced, and quite frankly I can't imagine where they will go from here.

I hated the Nu Ewoks. Spoiler, bitches.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I JUST watched this pile of puke. Best part of the movie was the Avengers trailer.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I hated the Nu Ewoks. Spoiler, bitches.

The little penguin/bird things? I didn't see any of them taking down any Walker's with sticks and logs... they mostly just were in the movie doing cute Minion-y stuff.

Last edited: