World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
there's no need for this. whatever you may think, try and keep it to yourself out of respect for fellow members

I didn't try to be no respectful against anybody. I'm just happy for my team for take off a hard rival from the road to the final.

As must of us know, Germany & Brazil are always a pain to play against them. So if both of them passes away as soon as possible will be better for all others!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looking at Belgium and England game tomorrow and the Brackets. Would it make sense for either Belgium or England to purposely lose the game? The Road to the Semi-Finals looks much easier for 2nd place lol.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Looking at Belgium and England game tomorrow and the Brackets. Would it make sense for either Belgium or England to purposely lose the game? The Road to the Semi-Finals looks much easier for 2nd place lol.

100%

Martinez already released a losing lineup for game 3. If England want to be smart, they will give up an own goal at the end. That left side of the bracket is savage.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
100%

Martinez already released a losing lineup for game 3. If England want to be smart, they will give up an own goal at the end. That left side of the bracket is savage.

Yea Bro, not saying the other side is a walk in the park but who ever comes out on top on the left side is sure to be battle tested. I think England has too much pride to throw away a game but we'll see what the outcome is.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I think England has too much pride to throw away a game but we'll see what the outcome is.

Gareth Southgate has too much pride. As a nation we have none left.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Gareth Southgate has too much pride. As a nation we have none left.

I doubt we ever had that, no WWII pun intended by the way.

13 June 1986:

Denmark 2:0 West Germany.

First place in the group meets Spain. Second place (picture Nelson's laugh) meets Morocco. Denmark, or rather their coach, decides to give all for the win. Already guessed who Denmark's coach was? Sepp Piontek, yep, a German. But you already know, how this ended, right? Just in case you didn't...

Denmark 1:5 Spain

Morocco 0:1 West Germany

...and yeah, thank God Argentina won this one in the end.

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
We've already witnessed quite a few epic matches and plenty of surprises so I don't really believe there's an easier route to the final. Every team is fighting hard! This World Cup is bubbling up quite nicely...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If I could choose any top ranked team for England to face, it would be Spain, assuming they make it to the semis. They are a shakey and seem to have communication issues.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
If I could choose any top ranked team for England to face, it would be Spain, assuming they make it to the semis. They are a shakey and seem to have communication issues.

more than Portugal? you neutralize Ronaldo and they are in serious trouble.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Assuming England loses tomorrow they would be on the right bracket and have Spain as one of the top tier teams. I see Spain assuming they beat Russia are going to have there hands full with Croatia. I'm picking Croatia to make it to the final.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

This isn't 2010, or 2014. Portugal look a lot more balanced. And if CR7 isn't completely handcuffed, he will rape any team, like he raped DDG and Spain. So long as the Iranians aren't partying outside his hotel room anymore, he should be 100%.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Belgium vs England... FOOK IT.. I want England to go for it tbh...

Why stop the mentality of winning... and positive football...

We lose next round... so what... I don't care who we have next... as long as we play well and give it 100%....

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

We lose next round... so what... I don't care who we have next... as long as we play well and give it 100%....

xROTx

I totally agree.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

xROTx

Did your wife hijack your keyboard? What kind of person wants their team to get raped out of the cup by every top team?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyhow, England prevailed thanks to former Man Utd Januzaj. Now England has a clear path to the semifinals.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Like when we lucked in with Iceland at the euros?

You have to play to win the whole shebang. Don’t listen to the shitheads who tell you to burn all your gas on the matches that shouldn’t be won.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Anyhow, England prevailed thanks to former Man Utd Januzaj.

Hahaha... yeah, this was the only guy motivated enough to break the seal. He doesn't give a damn about Belgium, but is sure glad to have made more World Cup goals, than Lewandowski. Adnan Januzaj, the forever lost talent. Well, I still like him, football's Jett Rink.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hahaha... yeah, this was the only guy motivated enough to break the seal. He doesn't give a damn about Belgium, but is sure glad to have made more World Cup goals, than Lewandowski. Adnan Januzaj, the forever lost talent. Well, I still like him, football's Jett Rink.

Not really a lost talent. He was one of the top playmakers in La Liga last season with a ridiculous amount of assists.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Not really a lost talent. He was one of the top playmakers in La Liga last season with a ridiculous amount of assists.

Yeah, you're right, there's still time. He was already labelled 'lost', because of the high expectations, I guess.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, you're right, there's still time. He was already labelled 'lost', because of the high expectations, I guess.

He wasn’t Mourinho’s type. That’s all. I can see Januzaj fitting in Emery’s scheme at Arsenal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hah, I doubt anybody is his type. But sure, if Emery's not burned out yet, this could become a great Gunners team again.

Mourinho’s type is proven winner. He doesn’t groom new players at all.

Lukaku is his type because he proved himself at Everton with a boatload of goals. Sanchez was his type because he was a standout at Arsenal.

Martial is not his type because Martial has not scored a boatload of goals after being demoted to the bench with the arrival of Sanchez, after scoring or assisting in the 3 games before Man Utd bought Sanchez.