World Cup 2018... OFFICIAL THREAD....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The VAR is shaping up to be changing football very profoundly, not since they implemented the offside rule has there been anything with such impact. Not sure how long it will last though. It's too weird

Not that bothered if we beat France to be honest. That in itself was redemption

I guess they want to make the game as equal as possible and not let Var be the deciding factor in a game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rojo’s arm was down. If the ball hits the arm when it’s down, then refs will not call a handball penalty.

But if the hand was up, that’s a different story. To me, it looked unavoidable. Nigeria got more than they deserved, and played very well. No need for them to bitch over a call.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
VAR implementation needs work but there's no going back at this point. Even with VAR, the final decision is made by humans so we will still have debates. There is no perfect system or solution. It would help if the current crop of footballers didn't try to cheat at every opportunity, invariably followed by getting in the ref's face when the decision goes against them. The sport used to be much more physical until the governing bodies decided to incentivize such faggotry. Now it's as if the refs are scared to stand up to these overpaid prima donnas. Nothing a few well placed red cards for dissent wouldn't fix.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
VAR implementation needs work but there's no going back at this point. Even with VAR, the final decision is made by humans so we will still have debates. There is no perfect system or solution. It would help if the current crop of footballers didn't try to cheat at every opportunity, invariably followed by getting in the ref's face when the decision goes against them. The sport used to be much more physical until the governing bodies decided to incentivize such faggotry. Now it's as if the refs are scared to stand up to these overpaid prima donnas. Nothing a few well placed red cards for dissent wouldn't fix.

I agree. I just think that before the use of the tech, football was a lot more 'analogue' and theatric. The ref is a judge, so controversy was always around the corner. It was human drama.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I agree. I just think that before the use of the tech, football was a lot more 'analogue' and theatric. The ref is a judge, so controversy was always around the corner. It was human drama.

VAR would have seen Cristiano Ronaldo banned for life after getting Rooney sent off in 2006 for a non-foul. Banned for life, in a turkish prison, where he could meet more guys like his moroccan boyfriend, that guy who beats him with mma moves and then rapes him

every night..

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
VAR would have seen Cristiano Ronaldo banned for life after getting Rooney sent off in 2006 for a non-foul. Banned for life, in a turkish prison, where he could meet more guys like his moroccan boyfriend, that guy who beats him with mma moves and then rapes him

every night..

Hahaha

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

every night..

Tell me what you really think, EW.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's the hand of god and there's the hand of Rojo. It's good to see Argentina evolving.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There's the hand of god and there's the hand of Rojo. It's good to see Argentina evolving.

No honest fan of football wants players to get punished for an arm-down handball. Nigeria was trying to get a penalty kick from that.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
South Korea vs. Germany... Özil again? Football players can abide a great deal…but not a Jonah.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No honest fan of football wants players to get punished for an arm-down handball. Nigeria was trying to get a penalty kick from that.

Not saying it was intentional but how is this arm down? And what do you think about the Hernandez Handball inside the box Referee Wasabi?

poaTN8z.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The way I see it is don't call unintentional handballs at all. I have no problem calling shit like the Suarez Goalie save or anything that is that flagrant but call some and not call others that are practically the same thing just doesn't sit well with me. I must've seen at least 12 handballs inside the box in this world cup. What are defenders suppose to do if the ball makes contact with their arm during a defensive play?

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
South Korea vs. Germany... Özil again? Football players can abide a great deal…but not a Jonah.

I ended up being right, too bad. Doesn't matter, we had our own finale against Sweden, that was a great game. This was just a rerun of old mistakes by Löw, stubbornness being the most prominent one. Still, the WC '14 is his epitaph, the most incredible you can get in this sport. Thank you, Jogi!

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
What Kross gave to Germany in the match against Sweden today he has gived to Mexico :keke:

Only remains Brazil saying goodbye tomorrow for my wet dream commented ten days ago comes true...

Spoiler:
Nice day with great surprises.
Is to dream Brazil & Germany go out in the first round too much?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I ended up being right, too bad. Doesn't matter, we had our own finale against Sweden, that was a great game. This was just a rerun of old mistakes by Löw, stubbornness being the most prominent one. Still, the WC '14 is his epitaph, the most incredible you can get in this sport. Thank you, Jogi!

I think the game is changing. It's all about Patience now. A strong defensive performance can rival a team with more talent and pedigree. South Korea played a tight game and although Germany had a good amount of chances inside the box, they could not finish.

I think the days of seeing top tier teams blow out bottom tier teams by 5 or 6 goals are long gone. If you stick to your plan and don't make too many mistakes, anything could happen.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

unbelievable how the Strongest team got ko'ed. Germany had absolutely no finishing luck on the wc.

@neofonta: you d better care about Croatia before getting wet...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good bye, my friends, it has been no fun and it would have been a disgrace if we'd made it against Korea.

Now where's my Vodka bottle...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Germany was a counter attacking team before 2017.

Really? I always saw Germany as a team that was pretty balanced in both attacking and defending. Yes, they had a Strong Counter Attack but they could also create scoring chances without countering. The beat down they put on Brazil in the last WC was a perfect example.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not saying it was intentional but how is this arm down? And what do you think about the Hernandez Handball inside the box Referee Wasabi?

poaTN8z.jpg

Change the angle to the moment of contact and the arm was down.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
What Kross gave to Germany in the match against Sweden today he has gived to Mexico :keke:

Only remains Brazil saying goodbye tomorrow for my wet dream commented ten days ago comes true...

Spoiler:

there's no need for this. whatever you may think, try and keep it to yourself out of respect for fellow members

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
there's no need for this. whatever you may think, try and keep it to yourself out of respect for fellow members

Football is built on passion... but yes... this aint in the War Room... and has 3 active pain in the arse mods who REGULARLY view it...

It only takes one of them to decide against you.... and we aint known for our gentle dispositions...

xROTx

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I feel like England should knock up a leaflet on coping with world cup misery and hand it out in Germany, we're quite good at it by now.

First tip - it's not all bad, you get your lives back a few weeks earlier than other countries.