Rick and Morty

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah, chalk me up as another "Bob's Burgers is garbage" person. Archer is my H. Jon Benjamin cartoon of choice.

I like Bob's Burgers, but for me Home Movies is H. Jon Benjamins best work, and the best show on adult swim

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Y'all crazy

Bob's Burgers is awesome. Modern day King of the Hill.

And Archer blows. Writing tries way too hard, animation is garbage

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
whats interesting to me is that everything in the show. from the earlier mentioned character design and belching all the way to the smallest stuff like the splatter pattern on their pupils is done for a reason. this show is incredibly deep with its lore and we're only 2 seasons in.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
whats interesting to me is that everything in the show. from the earlier mentioned character design and belching all the way to the smallest stuff like the splatter pattern on their pupils is done for a reason.

Sorry to be that guy, but the pupils are splatter only because Roiland found it amusing and reminded him of the "doc and mharti" cartoon. It has nothing to do with the lore. Could be mistaken, but I'm 99% sure that's the reason for the eyes.

On a side note, I absolutely love Rick and Morty. The writing is tight, the stories make sense and some are far deeper than anyone could've guessed, and ya' know, sometimes you just need that DEPRESSIVE fix. I've been waiting for Season 3 for what feels like forever now. Laughed for almost two hours straight to that "fold yourself 12 times" gag, and I don't know why.

Bob's Burgers? Saw a couple of episodes. I thought it was all right, although sometimes it does feel a bit "try hard", specially when it comes to the kids.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That is the reason for the eyes. It's a callback to the original short the series was spawned from. Like I said- there's a reason for everything.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I dig what you're saying, cdamm. I still think people who might love the show turn it off because they see Beth and Summer and think they're watching American Dad.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Because of this thread I finally got up off my was to watch a few episodes. I liked it instantly. The show is very very funny. Not sure why Rick has to always belch, that's the only thing I could love without. The episode where everyone loved Morty was fantastic. I'm excited to binge watch more of these!!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I thought it would've been an lulz random kind of show at first but to my surprise I really, really liked it. There's a short from 2006 called The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mahrti and it is just godawful and completely unlike what the show became.

Incredibly clever and creative writing, as well as just flat-out super creative and imaginative plots. Great animation as well.

By the Cronenbergs episode I knew this was really something else. It also made me like NIN's Hurt more than the Johnny Cash cover.

Paul Robertson (pixel animation guy) did some fantastic shorts for adult swim with Rick and Morty, highly suggest if you like the show to check them out on youtube.

As for fans going on about the wait for season 3, that was nothing compared to the Venture Bros.

PS Interdimensional Cable TV 1 or 2?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i prefer the cable bits from 2, but the b plot of 1.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
As much as i like rick and morty, i still miss the halcyon day's of adult swim, early episodes of space ghost, harvey birdman, robot chicken and metalocalypse were laugh out loud funny.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
As much as i like rick and morty, i still miss the halcyon day's of adult swim, early episodes of space ghost, harvey birdman, robot chicken and metalocalypse were laugh out loud funny.

I still can't believe 2016 took away C. Martin Croker.

Spoiler:
Also I still can't believe people like Robot Chicken.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Lol, he was hysterical as zorak, funny as fuck.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This new season is amazing. Good dose of character development dealing with the consequences of a divorce. Morty turning Summer's ex-bf into a freak and disarming neutrino bombs in the Vindicators episode shows him becoming more like Rick. I really like that the characters grow and aren't stuck in arrested development like other cartoons.

But the creativity is just phenomenal. That opening in the most recent episode, they basically performed an abortion in some giant space monster.

No new episode next week.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Pickle Rick and the Vindicators eps are both tops so far. Like the old head that I am, I watch when it originally airs on Sunday nights from eleven to midnight and the end of that hour is always depressing --I just don't want it to stop.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't know what happened but it was great blazed.