Rick and Morty

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Who's watching this? One of the best adult cartoons in many...many years.

Discuss......

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
its incredible! i love that show.

that second victim on the keep summer safe is a hell of a dark sight gag..

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Like it, love it, want some more of it.

Very dark, and the wife loves it, too, especially that second clip.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
was waiting for season three for ages. rick is definitely one of my favourite animated characters ever.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I just can't do it...I've tried but I just can't watch that show. I don't find it amusing in the slightest. I know I'm in the vast minority here, but there's just something about it that doesn't appeal to me. Another one that fits in the same place for me is Bob's Burgers, I cannot stand that show.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Love that show, how many episodes of the new season have released? Ive only seen 1

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
they did episode 1 as an april fools gag. season 3 doesnt debut till summer.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Its an amazing show. Cant wait for more of season 3.

Wisecrack has a bunch of videos digging deeper into Rick and Morty. Fun stuff to watch and helps with the wait til season 3

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
My wife hates Rick and Morty, but loves Bob's Burgers. Bob's Burgers is sorta meh for me....but I swear she can watch it all day.

I'm pissed that SE3 of Rick and Morty is not on Hulu yet.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My wife hates Rick and Morty, but loves Bob's Burgers. Bob's Burgers is sorta meh for me....but I swear she can watch it all day.

As much as I do not like Rick and Morty...my wife despises it times 10. She has a deep seated loathing for the show...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

actual court transcript being read in Rick and Morty's actual voices

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

My wife and I love Rick and Morty. Love just about everything with the show. I hate bobs burgers though, that show is terrible.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Total Rickall is my favorite episode.

"The family battles a parasite that implants fake memories into their heads, which leads them to wonder if their friend Mr. Poopybutthole is real."

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So many easter eggs in each episode. one of the few shows i rewatch over and over.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Total Rickall is my favorite episode.

"The family battles a parasite that implants fake memories into their heads, which leads them to wonder if their friend Mr. Poopybutthole is real."

Which leads to the only funko I'd consider buying (yes, real spoiler):

Spoiler:
rick_morty_hot_topic_mr_poopy_butthole_funko_pop_206_real_front.jpg

Clip from this episode which sold me on R&M:

Watch it anyways for the collectard lulz.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Fuckin' awesome show.

its incredible! i love that show.

that second victim on the keep summer safe is a hell of a dark sight gag..

My job is to keep Summer safe. Not to keep Summer like, totally stoked about the general vibe, and stuff. That's you. That's how you talk.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

My job is to keep Summer safe. Not to keep Summer like, totally stoked about the general vibe, and stuff. That's you. That's how you talk.

Totally got GLaDOS vibes from that dialogue, which made it all the more priceless.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
great. now thanks to this thread, i am hungry for apples.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
they did episode 1 as an april fools gag. season 3 doesnt debut till summer.

Damn. The whole thing about the scechuan sauce quest is funny as hell!

I really like the Mr. Meeseeks episode.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Took me a few episodes to get in to it (Rick's excessive belching early on made me think it was going to be another annoying Adult Swim "Look at me! I'm sooooo RANDOM lulz!!!" show) but once it started going really meta and doing the world building, I've been enjoying it. Rick Potion #9 with the Cronenbergs was the turning point for me.

Yeah, chalk me up as another "Bob's Burgers is garbage" person. Archer is my H. Jon Benjamin cartoon of choice.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Took me a few episodes to get in to it (Rick's excessive belching early on made me think it was going to be another annoying Adult Swim "Look at me! I'm sooooo RANDOM lulz!!!" show) but once it started going really meta and doing the world building, I've been enjoying it. Rick Potion #9 with the Cronenbergs was the turning point for me.

Yeah, chalk me up as another "Bob's Burgers is garbage" person. Archer is my H. Jon Benjamin cartoon of choice.

I'll admit that the belching gimmick killed it for me. That's not amusing, it's fucking annoying. It's the main reason why I stopped watching the show.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Brilliant writing.

So-so character designs. Rick is fine and the aliens are fine. Most of the human cast are kind of visually generic.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll admit that the belching gimmick killed it for me. That's not amusing, it's fucking annoying. It's the main reason why I stopped watching the show.

Drunk science is the best science....
It's unfortunate you focus on the belching because the rest of the show is amazing.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member

He cuts down on the belching a LOT after the first couple of episodes. I thought it was annoying as shit too.