Domino's prices worldwide

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Domino's has always been the worst pizza as long as I've lived. Had it once or twice as a kid, hated it. Had it last year just to try, nope, still shit. Just amazed they're still in business. There's one in Beijing but lol fuvk that.

fluxcore

Another Striker
New Zealand price is accurate. A Veg Trio here is $5NZD = $3.60USD. Not indicative of general pizza prices - most other places are more the $14NZD range for a large. Dominos is just the super cheap option.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Domino's has always been the worst pizza as long as I've lived. Had it once or twice as a kid, hated it. Had it last year just to try, nope, still shit. Just amazed they're still in business. There's one in Beijing but lol fuvk that.
Is Domino's romantic in China like it is in Korea? In Korea all their marketing has young couples and hearts all over everything. It's the same kind of ads they have for Baskin Robbins. Marketing to young couples is good business there.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
We have that here. They call it a kebab tray. It's alright. We have a varying array of dressed chips. Curry sauce, garlic sauce, cheeses, taco chips, tasty chips, bacon and cheese. It's all delicious in its own way. Taco chips are my favorite though. Beefy chili, cheese, and garlic mayo combine to make one hell of a chip tray.

So do you have a spare room?:drool_2:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Are you kidding me! What the fuck am I doing here then. I would move if I wasn't too lazy to learn to speak Australian.

It's a very expensive place to live though. Median house price in Sydney is over 1 million. Around 800k usd. We get a lot of immigrants come and work, at first they are happy they get over $1000 a week but then realise the cost of living is high...really high.

Dominos is fucking awful, haven't had it in years. If we feel like pizza we just go to a local privately owned pizza shop. Yes, they are that cheap here. I have no idea how the franchise owners make money, most don't. I know someone who owned 3 and went broke as the head office kept lowering the prices.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Still wondering what the story is on the £6 for pineapple chunks.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Still wondering what the story is on the 」6 for pineapple chunks.
Intrusive fruit to the native land?!!
Look what happened when Bart Simpson brought a frog to Australia:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Still wondering what the story is on the £6 for pineapple chunks.

Probably that classic Australian story of growing it there would damage their Eco system. So they have to import it and it costs a fortune. There's probably a road somewhere in sydney that's lined with mansions owned by pineapple millionaires. Market controllers who have the fruit game sewn up.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Weird. I used to think Dominoes was the absolute worst. Cardboard crust, tomato water or ketchup paste for tomato sauce, gritty greasy overly oily cheese. But that campaign they ran around 5+years ago about the change up wow it got amazingly good. Oddly shortly after Papa Johns changed their flavor and it got horrible, about as bad or worse than old dominoes. One I have not had probably 20 years is Little Caesars, never did much for me but it wasn't bad.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Real talk; Australia is expensive, fucking expensive!

Our produce is some of the best in the world though. Our soil is black gold.

Also, my local Dominos is fantastic, always pick up, never delivered, that's the trick. Also, real pizza > fast food pizza any day.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Is Domino's romantic in China like it is in Korea? In Korea all their marketing has young couples and hearts all over everything. It's the same kind of ads they have for Baskin Robbins. Marketing to young couples is good business there.

Pizza Hut fills that niche. Kind of higher-end restaurant. Shitty plastic cheese though. I have only ever seen Dominoes here once, it is virtually unknown.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Depends where you live guys, Sydney is the epitome of bullshit when it comes to house prices. Now Melbourne isn't exactly much better but when I compare the cost of my 2 bedroom unit to what I could get in the states it pisses me off.

Shitty plastic cheese though.

with news of plastic rice coming from China I wouldn't be surprised if the cheese was too.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've voluntarily eaten Domino's pizza twice in my life. Aside from Pizza Hut, it is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a pizza. At first I appreciated their "brooklyn style" option, then I actually tried it. There's no reason to eat at Domino's unless its the only 'pizza' option for miles. And even then... I recommend you just make your own pizza.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've voluntarily eaten Domino's pizza twice in my life. Aside from Pizza Hut, it is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a pizza. At first I appreciated their "brooklyn style" option, then I actually tried it. There's no reason to eat at Domino's unless its the only 'pizza' option for miles. And even then... I recommend you just make your own pizza.

At £3 a large I might like it a whole lot more

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
At £3 a large I might like it a whole lot more

i won't pay any money for a shit pizza. i'll pay $20 for an OK pizza as long as it isn't garbage before I pay $10 for two large Domino's pizzas with any toppings I want.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like pita bread pizzas, shit bakes up nice and crispy and you're making it the way you like.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I like pita bread pizzas, shit bakes up nice and crispy and you're making it the way you like.

I feel like I've had this before. I'm assuming a lot of "artisan" pizzas these days are made on pita, the pictures and the way the bread is looks familiar

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thats funny I've never known anyone to do pita bread pizzas other than those at home. There are some great local places that do traditional italian pizza that you would eat just for the damn sauce, that said home made is where it's at. Get that cheese going, olives, red onion and anchovies and some prosciutto... mmmm

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
my ex gf used to make some really good pizza. i wouldn't say it tasted overly authentic or anything, but it was just characteristically delicious!! we would put spinach, feta, olives, and sometimes bacon on it. I regret not being in touch with my cooking spirit back when she used to make it, I would have devised the perfect sauce over time...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Just make them yourselves and you're good to go.

Btw... a decent large pizza doesn't cost just $2-3USD to make. If you believe in that, you have to reconsider.
And a good one, with non-mass production garbage dough, takes a lot of time to prepare.

pizza.JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That looks good but I'd do probably a 100 times more olives.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Just make them yourselves and you're good to go.

Btw... a decent large pizza doesn't cost just $2-3USD to make. If you believe in that, you have to reconsider.
And a good one, with non-mass production garbage dough, takes a lot of time to prepare.

View attachment 42601

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Last time I was in Italy there was this little pizza place kinda outside of the nearby town to us. Town was called Peschiera Del Garda. On lake Garda, near Verona. Northern Italy. The pizzas were generally maybe 7-10 euro each. But we're so full of flavor, cheesy goodness, and the crust had that good chewy but crispy texture to it. All made in a wood fired oven.

We are going back this year. The pizza, pastries, bread, fish, pasta, you'll gain 20 pounds easy.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Last time I was in Italy there was this little pizza place kinda outside of the nearby town to us. Town was called Peschiera Del Garda. On lake Garda, near Verona. Northern Italy. The pizzas were generally maybe 7-10 euro each. But we're so full of flavor, cheesy goodness, and the crust had that good chewy but crispy texture to it. All made in a wood fired oven.

We are going back this year. The pizza, pastries, bread, fish, pasta, you'll gain 20 pounds easy.

Even if American and spanish pizzas are nice, nothing can beat the taste of a true Italian pizza. I'm a big fan of a pizza loaded with cheese, but the real mozzarella is where the class is. Usually they make those in Naples, but can be found on other places. The important is to keep the ingredients and reciped on par.

Big Pizza chains are no different than eating at a Burger King or McDonalds when you're looking for decent meat.