Banned
Gosling and Ford

Hahaha hahahaha

This looks like the worst reboot of them all

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just watched the "teaser"...not much to run with. Personally, I have nothing against Gosling as an actor, the rest of the cast look solid enough. I'll reserve my judgement on this one for now.

Oh...and yeah, 2016 Ghostbusters is a fucking train wreck...not much is worse than that shit pile.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I guess you got me there. I won't touch that one with a ten foot pole

I won't watch it either...I've read enough about it to know not to.

Wasn't this supposed to be a sequel?

It is...after the events of the original.

Harrison Ford is really an odd, shitty actor anymore, I hope his role is small.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I read Gosling got legit punched in the face by Ford. Later, Ford brought a bottle and a glass to Gosling's trailer, poured Gosling one drink as an apology, and left with the bottle.

Marek

Banned
I read Gosling got legit punched in the face by Ford. Later, Ford brought a bottle and a glass to Gosling's trailer, poured Gosling one drink as an apology, and left with the bottle.

If that is a scene from the movie then I'm definitely watching.

Gosling has the next most punch able face to Martin shkreli

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Harrison Ford is really an odd, shitty actor anymore, I hope his role is small.

Anymore? He's as deadpan and boring as the likes of Kevin Costner, Keanu Reeves, and Christian Bale.

The only saving grace is that most of the movies he's been in were good enough to not be ruined by his performance. I doubt this will be one of them.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm surprised Ford is willing to reprise these roles.
This will sort of ruin the ambiguities in the first movie.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Anymore? He's as deadpan and boring as the likes of Kevin Costner, Keanu Reeves, and Christian Bale.

The only saving grace is that most of the movies he's been in were good enough to not be ruined by his performance. I doubt this will be one of them.

mmmh, I can't agree with that, maybe only with regards to Keanu. they all share that lifeless approach, I can see that. but in my opinion they are very good at delivering understated performances
name me if you don't mind 3 or 4 actors you would say are on the opposing end of the scale, to understand your point of view more.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
this is a sequel that takes place 30 years after the events of OG bladerunner. Decker has been missing for 30 years, and Ryans character is basically what Decker was in the original. I thought the trailer was well done, and i'm looking forward to it, plus i hear great things about the director Villeneuve

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
mmmh, I can't agree with that, maybe only with regards to Keanu. they all share that lifeless approach, I can see that. but in my opinion they are very good at delivering understated performances
name me if you don't mind 3 or 4 actors you would say are on the opposing end of the scale, to understand your point of view more.

Look no further than any of these guys' supporting cast members!

Harrison Ford vs. Rutger Hauer in of course, Blade Runner. Ford vs. Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Fuck, even Tommy Lee Jones did a better performance than Harrison in The Fugitive.

Keanu Reeves vs. Joe Pantoliano (Cypher) and even Hugo Weaving in the Matrix.

Kevin Costner vs. Everyone ( :keke: ) - Robert Duvall (Open Range), Jeanne Tripelhorn (Waterworld), Graham Greene (Dances With Wolves). All of them had much more lively and believable performances. But it's easy going up against Costner. Dude is as deadpan as a corpse, except for ONE role, when he played Jake in Silverado.

EDIT: Forgot about Bale. His performances in The Prestige and the Batman movies were terrible, but maybe I'm being a little too hard on him because he was good in American Psycho and American Hustle. It might come down to the director, or maybe it's because American is in the name. :keke:

2ND EDIT: I forgot Costner was also good in his bit part in Man of Steel. Probably his actual best, most emotional performance, lol!

Last edited:

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Wasn't much to go on but I think I got the basic idea form the trailer...

Personally I thought it looked ok

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Look no further than any of these guys' supporting cast members!

Harrison Ford vs. Rutger Hauer in of course, Blade Runner. Ford vs. Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Fuck, even Tommy Lee Jones did a better performance than Harrison in The Fugitive.

Keanu Reeves vs. Joe Pantoliano (Cypher) and even Hugo Weaving in the Matrix.

Kevin Costner vs. Everyone ( :keke: ) - Robert Duvall (Open Range), Jeanne Tripelhorn (Waterworld), Graham Greene (Dances With Wolves). All of them had much more lively and believable performances. But it's easy going up against Costner. Dude is as deadpan as a corpse, except for ONE role, when he played Jake in Silverado.

EDIT: Forgot about Bale. His performances in The Prestige and the Batman movies were terrible, but maybe I'm being a little too hard on him because he was good in American Psycho and American Hustle. It might come down to the director, or maybe it's because American is in the name. :keke:

2ND EDIT: I forgot Costner was also good in his bit part in Man of Steel. Probably his actual best, most emotional performance, lol!

that's a pretty good way of putting your point across. duly noted (I still don't agree, but it mostly comes from a subjective appreciation of what these actors bring)

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Wasn't much to go on but I think I got the basic idea form the trailer...

Personally I thought it looked ok

The teaser trailer got me hyped. I like the contrast of the dry look of the new flick versus the always rainy motif of the first.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Harrison has been ok in some roles. I thought he did a very good job as Han Solo and Indiana Jones (in the 70/80s films), I even enjoyed his performance in The Fugitive.

Films since then? Eh, it varies. I kind of consider him to be a "coat hanger" of actors as in hang a coat on him and he's neutral. He won't make a bad role good, he won't make a good role bad (unlike Keanu who is fucking terrible).

I'm more so talking about his performances much after the 2000 mark. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the guy has early dementia or something. he has that shaky body, glazed look in his eyes. His lines are hit and cold...the guy is just finished. It was a good thing that he ate it in Ep VII.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I watched Blade Runner as a kid but forgot most of it. I'll probably rewatch it before watching this when it comes out on bluray.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Harrison has been ok in some roles. I thought he did a very good job as Han Solo and Indiana Jones (in the 70/80s films), I even enjoyed his performance in The Fugitive.

Films since then? Eh, it varies. I kind of consider him to be a "coat hanger" of actors as in hang a coat on him and he's neutral. He won't make a bad role good, he won't make a good role bad (unlike Keanu who is fucking terrible).

I'm more so talking about his performances much after the 2000 mark. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear the guy has early dementia or something. he has that shaky body, glazed look in his eyes. His lines are hit and cold...the guy is just finished. It was a good thing that he ate it in Ep VII.

LOL, but did he eat it? He falls and we don't see anything of him after that. Might be pulling a Luke Skywalker. I personally think he'll be back.

Anyways, I agree. Harrison did pretty well as Han and Indy. He's probably the best of the people on my "wooden actor" list. I have a feeling it has to do with chemistry with the director, much like Bale.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I can't believe they really called this blade runner 2049... Like some kind of tie in for Robotron 2049.