Nintendo Switch

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I think it’s perfect. I tried the 20 dollar one they sell with Zelda art on it and the Dpad felt mushy. This one though for me is precision. Hollow knight was a struggle for me trying to use the stock buttons as I got used to the jump timing using the pro controller Dpad when the game was docked but on portable I was messing up a lot. After I switched I was acing all the wall jumps etc.

Thanks for the insight, imma order one now! :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I went to Target to get a snow shovel and saw one of these grip things with case and grabbed it:

https://www.amazon.com/Goplay-Trave...+grip+case&dpPl=1&dpID=51pbYJwPrAL&ref=plSrch

I think the one listed above is probably better, but this was in front of me so I got it. It's pretty great, I played through Final Fight and it was super comfortable. I usually don't like those little grip things that you put over analog sticks but it works for the switch, but the suckas only put one in the box instead of two.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Went to gamestop today. Was going to buy 3 copies of smash for me and my brothers. Also Katamari and Sega Classics. They tried to do that thing where they take an opened game, and put one of those clear stickers on it.

I know it's trivial, but I hate those fucking clear stickers. They leave this impossible to remove with goo gone film on the case that gets dirt all over it. So I asked the guy at the desk kindly, if he could please not place the sticker on it. He gave me some bullshit story that it "seals" the game in case I want to return it. I explained Im never returning it, and asked him again. I eventually gave up and said don't give me the Genesis Classics game. Then after another minute I said just cancel it all, and told them I understood that they were just doing their job. Then told them I would just order from Amazon.

I know It's very petty, but gamestops policies suck ass. I feel like a grumpy ass old man, but that shit wouldn't fly for anything else you would purchase. Could you imagine going to buy a car, and the dealer smashing the hood with a sledge hammer before you buy it, like "sorry bro, we gotta do this in case you want to return it". It's not cool for a store to damage goods anywhere else, I don't know why Gamestop thinks it's a good idea. I guess I'm just an asshole.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Went to gamestop today. Was going to buy 3 copies of smash for me and my brothers. Also Katamari and Sega Classics. They tried to do that thing where they take an opened game, and put one of those clear stickers on it.

I know it's trivial, but I hate those fucking clear stickers. They leave this impossible to remove with goo gone film on the case that gets dirt all over it. So I asked the guy at the desk kindly, if he could please not place the sticker on it. He gave me some bullshit story that it "seals" the game in case I want to return it. I explained Im never returning it, and asked him again. I eventually gave up and said don't give me the Genesis Classics game. Then after another minute I said just cancel it all, and told them I understood that they were just doing their job. Then told them I would just order from Amazon.

I know It's very petty, but gamestops policies suck ass. I feel like a grumpy ass old man, but that shit wouldn't fly for anything else you would purchase. Could you imagine going to buy a car, and the dealer smashing the hood with a sledge hammer before you buy it, like "sorry bro, we gotta do this in case you want to return it". It's not cool for a store to damage goods anywhere else, I don't know why Gamestop thinks it's a good idea. I guess I'm just an asshole.

No, you're not. They are the assholes. Sticker or not, you shouldn't have accepted to pay full price for an opened copy in the first place. The canadian version of Gamestop (EBGames) does that all the time and I take great pleasure in rustling their jimmies by telling them to fuck off with their used display copies every single time :keke:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
People have been complaining about that shit for years. The reason why I don't goto GameStop anymore.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
People have been complaining about that shit for years. The reason why I don't goto GameStop anymore.

Problem is no other retail stores carry obscure new relesses like monster boy and katamari. If you do that amazon preorder is the game delivered, or shipped, on day of release? Sometimes i just happen to be off work the day a game i really want to play is released, or I have that coming weekend off and want to play it. So going into a store is convenient. Even if it is shitty gamestop.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Problem is no other retail stores carry obscure new relesses like monster boy and katamari. If you do that amazon preorder is the game delivered, or shipped, on day of release? Sometimes i just happen to be off work the day a game i really want to play is released, or I have that coming weekend off and want to play it. So going into a store is convenient. Even if it is shitty gamestop.

Yea, I hear you but I would rather wait a extra day or two for a game to arrive then deal with those scumbags. Most of the times it's cheaper on Amazon too.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Gamestop will die. Selling opened games as new is actually against the law. It's supposed to be sold as an open box discount.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So I was talking last night with my brothers friend who is a manager at Gamestop regarding Katamari Damacy Reroll.

He told me:

1. Katamari Damacy Reroll is a Gamestop exclusive.

2. Other than preorders, each store is only getting 0 to 2 copies.

3. They are not putting displays of this game on the shelves, because corporate hasn't sent them box art. This makes sense, because when I went to Gamestop the other day, I couldn't find the game and had to ask.

People are already trying to push this game for 40, 50, or more on eBay. The retail physical price is only $30.00. There are hardly any physical copies for sale on eBay.

So this may end up being one of those games that you should pick up sooner than later, if you want it.

If each Gamestop has 2 copies, that's roughly a production run 15 thousand, plus preorders, which would add basically nothing.

That estimate seems incredibly low, so I don't see how it could be accurate.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I can assure you there are more copies, they did this with xenoblade. They had another run sitting in warehouses then sold them as "used" for 90 bucks. Once again, fuck that place and their bullshit practices. They will be gone not soon enough.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can assure you there are more copies, they did this with xenoblade. They had another run sitting in warehouses then sold them as "used" for 90 bucks. Once again, fuck that place and their bullshit practices. They will be gone not soon enough.

Yeah I heard that. Shits ridiculous. Some of us just want to play a game and have to go through all this crap just to get a physical copy.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah I heard that. Shits ridiculous. Some of us just want to play a game and have to go through all this crap just to get a physical copy.

With digital games now you don't have to mess with Gamestop anymore, but then games nowadays are more of a "service" moreso than actual games. I'm pretty much over current gen, won't be buying any new systems anymore. You can actually order KD from gamestop right now, I just ordered a copy.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
So I was talking last night with my brothers friend who is a manager at Gamestop regarding Katamari Damacy Reroll.

He told me:

1. Katamari Damacy Reroll is a Gamestop exclusive.

2. Other than preorders, each store is only getting 0 to 2 copies.

3. They are not putting displays of this game on the shelves, because corporate hasn't sent them box art. This makes sense, because when I went to Gamestop the other day, I couldn't find the game and had to ask.

People are already trying to push this game for 40, 50, or more on eBay. The retail physical price is only $30.00. There are hardly any physical copies for sale on eBay.

So this may end up being one of those games that you should pick up sooner than later, if you want it.

If each Gamestop has 2 copies, that's roughly a production run 15 thousand, plus preorders, which would add basically nothing.

That estimate seems incredibly low, so I don't see how it could be accurate.

This game isn't rare here. I can get you a sealed copy right freaking now if you want. Going by the pictures on ebay, it's the exact same version as the US one.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
With digital games now you don't have to mess with Gamestop anymore, but then games nowadays are more of a "service" moreso than actual games. I'm pretty much over current gen, won't be buying any new systems anymore. You can actually order KD from gamestop right now, I just ordered a copy.

Like many others here I hate digital unless it's the only way or PC gaming. Something about paying the exact same price as retail irks me. I also don't like not being able to resell my shit. In case I hate it, or a new version is released that trumps the old one. Then there's the filling of the console memory and having to buy huge SD cards. Don't even want to get into, what if my consoles breaks in 15 years and I can no longer access the game. I'm playing 25 year old games now, so not too unlikely that I may want to fire up Katamari in 2033.

Anyway. The guy I mentioned is getting me one with his employee discount and shipping it to me. So I think I'm solid for now.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Two reasons for digital being the same price. 1. If it was cheaper, retail stores couldn't compete 2. You never have to lower the price of data sitting on a server.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
There's a asian release of Katamari with english for the same price if you don't want to give GameStop any money.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Two reasons for digital being the same price. 1. If it was cheaper, retail stores couldn't compete 2. You never have to lower the price of data sitting on a server.

My only problem with digital is some companies like Nintendo refuse to get with the times. If you buy a game on their digital eshop and want to return it even if you never, ever played it. Nintendo won't do it.

Yeah that shit's just stupid.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
My only problem with digital is some companies like Nintendo refuse to get with the times. If you buy a game on their digital eshop and want to return it even if you never, ever played it. Nintendo won't do it.

why you buying games you never play?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
why you buying games you never play?

It's not that. Some people don't pay attention and buy shit and realize it's not what they were looking to buy. Steam will let you return digital shit if you don't play it for over 2 hours among other things. If so many companies are working towards a digital only future, then they need to have return policies in place just like people have with physical media.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

Does Nintendo even have a unified online account so your purchases carry over between consoles?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I apparently like to play with fire so today while I was out I popped into GS and asked for a copy of Katamari. To my surprise they had one and they didn't open and didn't apply a sticker. :confused: