Nintendo Switch

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
This is a big month for switch. I honestly don't know what to play first.

1. Monster Boy released yesterday.

2. Smash Bros. obviously.

3. Sega Genesis Classics.

4. Katamari Damacy Reroll.

5. Phantasy Star 1 Sega Ages - Lets hope this keeps hapening.

6. Sword & Sworcery EP - Beat this on PC maybe a year ago. Really good game.

I can't decide whether to play Katamari Damacy Reroll first, or Monster Boy.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I got my Flip Grip in the mail today. I've only played a few hours but I like it a lot so far. The built quality is great, it feels like a official product. If you want to play the Switch vertical in handheld mode it is well worth the $12. Current list of supported games here.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I got my Flip Grip in the mail today. I've only played a few hours but I like it a lot so far. The built quality is great, it feels like a official product. If you want to play the Switch vertical in handheld mode it is well worth the $12. Current list of supported games here.

Bought! Thank you for sharing the purchase link. This is exactly what I need for my Psikyo collections (they’re the only thing I presently play on the switch). The old ps2 psikyo collections were ok, but it’s like this system was built just for tate shooters. Thanks!

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'll be getting Phantasy Star 1. Been waiting for this to get rereleased with auto mapping.

I'll also be getting Gris on day one. One of my favorite artists is the creative director. The game looks amazing, visually speaking.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Thanks for the reminder. Just snagged mine out of my PO Box. Ikaruga, vertical handheld is gonna be amazing.

Didn't realize the supported game list was that long. The Switch is still young, lets hope this trend cotinues with more tate supported games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Toki Retrollector Edition is pretty sweet. Came in a huge box and and had an interesting array of little swag, including a cardboard mini arcade to house the console. Cute. $50, so not cheap, but not ridiculous, either.

Game's pretty fun, too.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I read that Toki is a pretty budget no-frills remaster. Not much going on except for nicer art...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Toki was just kind of so so back in the day...

After the positive reviews I ordered a flip grip too. I also ordered some of those dpad shells from Amazon, anyone every use those? whisper30940496969 loves his, which prompted me to order. I don't think I'd use the flip grip much without a real dpad and the Hori joycon won't work with it since it had to be connected directly to the Switch.

61epeuLTPTL._SL1500_.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
"We could just release Play It Loud JoyCons...but then we'd make money...so let's not do that."

-Nintendo

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Really enjoying R-Type at the moment, just wish it contained a few more titles. R-Type II is gorgeous and the first game is pretty timeless. It's a shonky package overall though, crashed a few times on gameover and the vibrate option keeps reactivating itself. Been spoilt by M2 and Hamster efforts in recent years.

Considering that Mega Drive collection for Shinobi on the go but will see how much it costs

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member

After the positive reviews I ordered a flip grip too. I also ordered some of those dpad shells from Amazon, anyone every use those? whisper30940496969 loves his, which prompted me to order. I don't think I'd use the flip grip much without a real dpad and the Hori joycon won't work with it since it had to be connected directly to the Switch.

61epeuLTPTL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting my flip grip in as well.

I was thinking there must be a way to mod a joycon for an actual dpad (since the Hori joycons won't work with this), but if there are premade shells even better.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Apparently it's kind of a pain in the ass to install (particularly the right joycon) but the results are nice.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

Oh nice, I’d be interested in what you think about these. If the dpad is decent, I’d jump on it. Too bad the only colour choices are solid white or a bunch of translucents.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I read that Toki is a pretty budget no-frills remaster. Not much going on except for nicer art...

I played it recently, the "art" is a downgrade, both visually and musically. It's like with those Photoshop filters, once used, everything looks the same. Unchanging, monotonous and dull. Gameplay is the same, so there's no reason not to stick to the original, other than having something to play on your Switch.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

61epeuLTPTL._SL1500_.jpg

5858258778846663bff33d124c0857e5.jpg

I got some, the right joy con will need to be modified for it to close correctly it’s a known issue it may not bother you though but it will have a bulge unless you make some cuts internally and finish with a heat gun. Also got the flip grip but stern pinball doesn’t support the correct orientation yet so was kind of a bummer. Namco museum works fine though so been enjoying some old school pac and Galahad. Snk40th has lots of supported games too so I may grab that one.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Speaking of grips: I got this one from Satisfye, snagged the bundle with a grip and case.

https://link.indiegogo.com/click/5c...0bV90ZXJtPQ/5b8b426e95a7a105a31fa8b2B08775305

I enjoy the grip a ton, it makes a world of difference when playing in portable. I used the thumb grips a bit but they made my joysticks act up so I removed them. The case is massive as well, but it works well.

Oh sweet, I've been waiting for someone to make this! I've used grips on my 3DS's and Vita, it's a lifesaver. The main reason I don't use my switch much in portable mode is ergonomics. I got one of those silicone things that add a little more meat to the grips and it helps but doesn't solve the problem.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Oh sweet, I've been waiting for someone to make this! I've used grips on my 3DS's and Vita, it's a lifesaver. The main reason I don't use my switch much in portable mode is ergonomics. I got one of those silicone things that add a little more meat to the grips and it helps but doesn't solve the problem.

My hands would hurt after long Skyrim, Diablo, and Ys sessions so I got the bundle w a case, charger, and such. I didn't get the mini grip as I don't have an issue with the stock Nintendo one, but for portable this is a must.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I got some, the right joy con will need to be modified for it to close correctly it’s a known issue it may not bother you though but it will have a bulge unless you make some cuts internally and finish with a heat gun. Also got the flip grip but stern pinball doesn’t support the correct orientation yet so was kind of a bummer. Namco museum works fine though so been enjoying some old school pac and Galahad. Snk40th has lots of supported games too so I may grab that one.

How’s the d-pad?

I’m considering just ordering the left joycon only and caring about the colour mismatch. Having to modify the right joy-con for it to fit properly I’d too much of a pain for something that is supposed to be a drop-in swap.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My hands would hurt after long Skyrim, Diablo, and Ys sessions so I got the bundle w a case, charger, and such. I didn't get the mini grip as I don't have an issue with the stock Nintendo one, but for portable this is a must.

I'll probably do the same, but maybe after christmas since it's $50. Yeah, I have no use for the mini grip, I don't even use the joycons as controllers apart from the system, I either grab a pro controller or an 8bitdo pad depending on the game.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Hopefully someone rips off the Flip Grip soon so that I can get something similar without that asshat Jeremy Parish seeing a cut. "Gaming historian" my ass.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hopefully someone rips off the Flip Grip soon so that I can get something similar without that asshat Jeremy Parish seeing a cut. "Gaming historian" my ass.

Lol

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
How’s the d-pad?

I’m considering just ordering the left joycon only and caring about the colour mismatch. Having to modify the right joy-con for it to fit properly I’d too much of a pain for something that is supposed to be a drop-in swap.

I think it’s perfect. I tried the 20 dollar one they sell with Zelda art on it and the Dpad felt mushy. This one though for me is precision. Hollow knight was a struggle for me trying to use the stock buttons as I got used to the jump timing using the pro controller Dpad when the game was docked but on portable I was messing up a lot. After I switched I was acing all the wall jumps etc.