MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
16GB is more than enough. Full rom set is about 10GB.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well, I've caved and placed an order before this first batch is gone. Would have preferred to have the store updated with a second shipping option beforehand, but I guess we'll work through that afterwards.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Hello,

We shared a NEOSD AES last month to Retrobytes Córboda, its a retro party here in Spain.

A friend just sent us a video from Meristation (spanish gaming media), you can see NEOSD AES at minute 2:30.

It has a pretty funny anti thieft system.

http://www.meristation.com/video/retrobytes-cordoba-2017/2172502

Thanks

LOL! I think I would have wrapped copper wire around those cable ties and connected it up to one of those electric fence transformers to give someone a little jolt if they get too close =D

That event looked fun, lots of nice systems there!

lifeknot

n00b
Hello,

We have pending emails to answer and also questions here, we are pretty busy today.

AES pcbs arrived today, we serialized and tested 4 (kof2k3 test) and everything is working fine ;)

Some pictures of the final PCBS
Dont count the boards to guess how many we have produced cause i just opened a box and put the boards on line to show we have built more than 2, but we have more stock than the one on the picture ;)

AES_BATCH_2.jpg

AES_BATCH_3.jpg

AES_BATCH_1.jpg

More info late today/tomorrow. I am pretty busy right now.

Thanks

I'm so glad to see this. I hope my card is here, thank you neo sd team :)

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
This is really cool. Does anyone think that the advent of a legit SD solution like this will influence the AES market/Neo market in general?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No.

The Everdrives have had no effect on costly SNES or Genesis games. Perhaps made them more expensive.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
No.

The Everdrives have had no effect on costly SNES or Genesis games. Perhaps made them more expensive.
This. Don't get your capitalist stix in a twist.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Perhaps made them more expensive.

I agree. The consolized Omega, the new yorker article, the flash cartridge, the neo geo games being released on the Nintendo switch. It all has a small, but measurable affect on neo geo prices. If I get the Flash Cartridge & find out I really enjoy a specific game on it, you can be damn sure I'm going to track down a physical MVS cart eventually.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I forget who said this but on another message board someone had come up with stats showing that when a game gets released on virtual console or psn digitally, the original copies go up in price, they tend to stabilize after a while and sometimes go back down. In my experience following price changes on auctions I believe this to be generally true. Also when sequels to games are announced something similar happens to the previous games. The effect of this is sometimes earth shattering like with Shenmue, when Shenmue III was announced prices doubled and at some moments tripled for the previous two games.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Neosd has been testing every single AES board... he indicates he's sick of watching KoF 03 load...

I must commend him for his attention to detail... he posted this in chat... (I am pretty sure he's not gonna kick my ass for posting it here...)

AES%20NEOSD..._zpsjp73aviz.jpg

xROTx

PS. That AES reminds me of Big Bears pic when he took the top off one to stop "insertion" marks... Man... you guys are all fookin crazy...

benjiedude

Quiz Detective
So this Neo SD is a he? One little he person slaving away for all our flash carts...All hail Neo SD!

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
This. Don't get your capitalist stix in a twist.

Im not, I barely have any neo games as it is. I was just asking a question because I was curious as to other's thoughts who might be much more versed in neo. I know that everdrives have had little effect on other systems, but the neo market is pretty unique.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I forget who said this but on another message board someone had come up with stats showing that when a game gets released on virtual console or psn digitally, the original copies go up in price, they tend to stabilize after a while and sometimes go back down. In my experience following price changes on auctions I believe this to be generally true. Also when sequels to games are announced something similar happens to the previous games. The effect of this is sometimes earth shattering like with Shenmue, when Shenmue III was announced prices doubled and at some moments tripled for the previous two games.

Thats an interesting take, because in my experience its been the opposite. If a solely limited console release game is desirable, and then gets released digitally, the prices plummet, as most people aren't collectors but rather gamers who just want to play the game, a la, FF7. That game was well over $100 everywhere and anywhere I saw in person for years until they decided to rerelease it on PSN a few years ago. Now its $30 whenever I see it.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have seen prices decrease on all but the rarer titles since these came out. It seems that a lot of people are selling off their collections and the market is flooded with the more common titles.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just gonna say this... Chat is "FLASH BASED..."...

Most mobile devices can't handle flash very well... If you NEED to come into chat about THIS... then please bear this in mind...

xROTx

PS. I will also accept a one time PM....

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I have seen prices decrease on all but the rarer titles since these came out. It seems that a lot of people are selling off their collections and the market is flooded with the more common titles.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

I would be interested in an example - I've seen prices on eBay go up if anything!

geise

Mickey's Coach
I think most people already know about the neo prices and that is the reason for most to get a NeoSD. Not to checkout games they want to buy cause they like it. Possibly a rise in AES system prices though once these are more readily available.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Just gonna say this... Chat is "FLASH BASED..."...

Mate... Can you imagine...

if chat... Which is FLASH BASED...

was on a FLASH CART...

Just sayin'...

xFILTHYx

PS. Send nudes... kthx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Mate... Can you imagine...

if chat... Which is FLASH BASED...

was on a FLASH CART...

Just sayin'...

xFILTHYx

PS. Send nudes... kthx

Titties.. plz..

You just don't have teh style'z...

xROTx

Orkki

n00b
Man what a thread, took me two weeks to read it through. Thank you everyone for your comments and reviews. There will be a NeoSD AES heading my way soon!