Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FLAIXNEOGEO COLLECTION (near aes usa fullset/cd usa fullset)

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

Well, there’s no skill in building a collection if you have money….mmm… maybe not if you are a millionaire, but that’s not everyone’s reality on this hobby, and then there would be no merit or skill either on succeeding in doing anything you are gifted for or have a special talent for, which is not typically true.

Building a collection (of whatever) takes time, research, perseverance, dealing with timewasters and of course requires (more or less) money which can make things a lot easier, you have an obvious point there. I like collecting and most of the fun lies in the hunting, apart from the passion you may feel for the items you collect.

A Neo Geo collection, specially of 100% legit items (and more so in tip top condition) is not easy to build at all, it was not even that easy 10/15+ years ago. In fact it seems that nowadays it’s actually more challenging since I read the market has been flooded with fake stuff, so there you have a potential added challenge lol.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Oh come on Germany member, derail thread. talked through already - click: Is collecting the hobby for the talentless?

why no stay on awesome falix collect?

Neo Bubble Buster

KOF97 Special edition CD Jap version arrived to my collection
    kof97.jpg

And family pic of neo geo special CD Editions
    cd family.jpg
    Last edited by flaixneogeo; 03-07-2018 at 04:40 AM.

Old Man

What's that KoF '97 SE made up of? Never seen one of those before...
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Neo Bubble Buster

Last edited by flaixneogeo; 03-11-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by flaixneogeo View Post
    And family pic of neo geo special CD Editions
    cd family.jpg
    This is the first time I’ve seen all the Special Editions together. I did contemplate going for the full CD set as I was about halfway there anyhow, but I didn’t think I’d ever be able to find all of these. Very impressive.

Neo Bubble Buster

Thank you very much SD

Old Man

One thing though - the price on the box of that "SE" says 2,000... KoF '97 CD had an original retail of 6,800 and there's no mention of it in any of the official Neo-Geo CD catalogues...

The T-Shirt may have been 2,000 on its own, however.
    Bonuskun - "Please young man. You telling me to shut up on an internet forum is about going to have the same effect of trying to tell Tarma that Metal Slug 4 was the best Neo Game ever.

Not going to happen."

Argentina'94 - "Gotta admit, that was the best coffee and cigarette I ever enjoyed with someone who wasn't in front of me. We MUST do this again!"

Peanutbutterjammatime

Charlotte's Breastplate Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    One thing though - the price on the box of that "SE" says 2,000... KoF '97 CD had an original retail of 6,800 and there's no mention of it in any of the official Neo-Geo CD catalogues...

The T-Shirt may have been 2,000 on its own, however.
    The OCR-affixed standard version JAN code T4953902910082 (function code "T" prefix) doesn't show any results via search engines, too. Seems to be quite old and maybe that's the reason.

Old Man

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    The OCR-affixed standard version JAN code T4953902910082 (function code "T" prefix) doesn't show any results via search engines, too. Seems to be quite old and maybe that's the reason.
    I'm afraid that I suspect someone has just stuffed a sealed copy of KoF '97 in with the t-shirt to make it look like a combo pack. I've never seen that combination previously either privatley or in public. That's not to say it isn't legit, but I'll continue to be sceptical until someone who I recognise as an "authority" confirms it is legit.

The whole 2,000 price tag is very suspicious.

Not going to happen."

Peanutbutterjammatime

Baseball Star Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by flaixneogeo View Post
    Lol,I was like wtf does he have a shirt with his own screen name lol. Thought it was funny.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Neo Bubble Buster

And samurai shodown 2 clean kit? someone knows information???

Enviado desde mi SM-A300FU mediante Tapatalk

Old Man

I'm sure I've seen another member of this forum with the Samurai Shodown 2 kit, but whether it's genuine SNK or something a retailer threw together, I don't know.

The only Japanese sets I know to be legit are KoF '95 (which was just a set of promo items given to pre-orders - no game), KoF '96 (which doesn't include the full game - it's a demo disc with artwork), AoF 3 Hoeh Hoeh box, and KoF '98 (one with a calendar included, and one where the calendar pack version came in a wooden box with a T-Shirt).

Not going to happen."

Peanutbutterjammatime

Crossed Swords Squire

Nice collection.
    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。

Reichsf?rer-Finnland

Quote Originally Posted by Tarma View Post
    I'm afraid that I suspect someone has just stuffed a sealed copy of KoF '97 in with the t-shirt to make it look like a combo pack. I've never seen that combination previously either privatley or in public. That's not to say it isn't legit, but I'll continue to be sceptical until someone who I recognise as an "authority" confirms it is legit.

The whole 2,000 price tag is very suspicious.
    My thoughts as well, also the t-shirt looks pretty new to be around 20 years old.

Neo Bubble Buster

Thanks friend!

Neo Bubble Buster

The T-Shirt looks pretty new because its sealed and have a good conditions.
    I'm sure they have games in Mint condition, and they are older than this T-shirt, not?
    Last edited by flaixneogeo; 03-20-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Neo Bubble Buster

Neo Geo CD Collection - Video Tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLvEm55tzY
    Last edited by flaixneogeo; 04-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Playa' From
    Around The Way.

That's a pretty sick collection.

The Ultimate 11

Quite an awesome collection.
    Last edited by Evan; 04-20-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

Neo Bubble Buster

thanks @Lukejaywalker23 & @Evan
    Last edited by flaixneogeo; 04-23-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Thread Information