Introducing "Shadow Gangs", 80's arcade inspired ninja game

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
tffsSIN.jpg
Why does Jack have beard stubble? Why does Ryo have blue on? Why is his hair blonde? Why does Robert look like trailer trash? Why does Mickey look so dark? Why did someone let a 10 year old draw this?
More importantly, why has no one made me a shirt with this on it?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Why does Jack have beard stubble? Why does Ryo have blue on? Why is his hair blonde? Why does Robert look like trailer trash? Why does Mickey look so dark? Why did someone let a 10 year old draw this?

Highlighted for emphasis.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

Spoiler:

$50 shipped, worn every day for over a year.
6RcG9QZ.jpg

yvJrgbd.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That looks even better with World Heroes paired next to it. That art is so bad it's good, seriously. Did World Heroes 2 ever get artwork like that?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
The response to this guy was pretty fucking weird IMO. Did I miss something?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
That AOF WH art isn't bad at all, just dated. Which makes it pretty awesome.

Also the artist was partial to 3/4 view profiles looking stage left. :lolz:

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I think shamelessly trying to cash in on NEO-GEO DEV $$$ fever by making some shitty flash game that doesn't look Neo at all is 1000x scummier than new members using the market forums (which is apparently sacrilege whatever).

He would've sacced real Neo games for his fake one if he had enough support. That's the worst part.

Should've just said "hey guys I'm making a game, check it out" and left it at that.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Someone said it didn't look good, OP got butthurt, someone else chimed in saying the game looked bad, OP tried to pull the 'ol "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" bullshit, then everything got out of hand.

JohnnyFever

Mr. Big's Thug
I agree with everybody here. I'm not one to stifle initiative, but the game needs some work. Like ElectricGrave was saying though...port it to Neo and it will be bought....in the cellophane....and kept there....forever....so the poor graphics and gameplay won't matter!

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
Don't know OP's background but he should try making a few free games like on Newgrounds or Congregate to get a feel for gameplay ideas and tweak his style. Then go for a bigger production.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
To match the given screenshots, this needs a giant butt to throw shurikens into.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
For the curious:

At least has enough sense to show it on hard difficulty with a decent enemy count.