Introducing "Shadow Gangs", 80's arcade inspired ninja game

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The 'art' and 'design' in this...whatever this is, is absolute garbage, as in 80's/90's Capcom boxart garbage. I hope someone sends a link to Freddie's estate and to the Coca Cola Co. for unauthorized use.

It never ceases to amaze me when people look at shit art and just can't see it. Those 60 backers need to start playing Pokemon go and walk off of cliffs or into traffic.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
I'm all for people doing indie projects and doing what they love, but a kickstarter for this kind of thing seems just just wrong. The market has spoken, now what?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
All issues with this 'game' aside, the one thing that irritated the shit out of me from his 'in action' video was the "I'm taking a huge gnarly shit" sound when he jumps to an upper level. Or jumps down.

Every time.

That sound effect would get old by the time the attract screen came up.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
That abomination is an insult to every real gamedeveloper ever.
And using Freddie? There should be laws against people like that. Somebody contact queen about this. Sue his sorry ass!

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Bummer... Shadow Gangs didn't reach it's kickstarter budget. Pretty dumb they got the backers and money that they received.

Hopefully everyone involved has figured out that this project has been and would continue to be a waste of time.

Pretty sad that multiple people have had a hand in taking this shit this far.

Curious: Anyone actually try the demo? I would, but don't want anyone involved to see another DL and think, "wow, maybe someone does have an interest in playing my masterpiece video game"..... Also, I just don't want to play this shit. There are plenty of shitty beat-em-ups I can play that are finished, and way better than this shit.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I read through the comments in the kickstarter. Someone asked what would happen with the funds.
Didn't get a straight answer. Something like that they would see what they need to change and start a final kickstarter. Nothing about refund or anything. He'll probably cash in and run. I sure hope so. That game should never be finished, ever!

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I'm fairly certain I read that the pledges would only be credited if the game hit its mark. Since it didn't, I assume they didn't get the money, unless they used some KS loophole?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
If a Kickstarter project fails to meet funding, no money changes hands. Kickstarter has always been that way.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The 'art' and 'design' in this...whatever this is, is absolute garbage, as in 80's/90's Capcom boxart garbage. I hope someone sends a link to Freddie's estate and to the Coca Cola Co. for unauthorized use.

It never ceases to amaze me when people look at shit art and just can't see it. Those 60 backers need to start playing Pokemon go and walk off of cliffs or into traffic.

relevant repost:
DQsx668.jpg

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I'm fairly certain I read that the pledges would only be credited if the game hit its mark. Since it didn't, I assume they didn't get the money, unless they used some KS loophole?

Ok that's good news at least :)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It still makes me chuckle that anyone took that project seriously.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It reminds me of when I was a teenager with graph paper trying to design sprites for "My beat em up"...which was obviously a dream of garbage that never was. Thank god. But now with the internet we get shit like this.

Go to art school, learn to illustrate people with clothes on and not weird misshapen figures made of shiny globes with no real anatomy and painted on "clothes". Then try to make a game.

There is a reason people do this sort of thing in a particular order.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Great looking game .. keep it up . those guys have no idea of arcade games.. they are here only for the trans pics.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It reminds me of when I was a teenager with graph paper trying to design sprites for "My beat em up"...which was obviously a dream of garbage that never was. Thank god. But now with the internet we get shit like this.

Go to art school, learn to illustrate people with clothes on and not weird misshapen figures made of shiny globes with no real anatomy and painted on "clothes". Then try to make a game.

There is a reason people do this sort of thing in a particular order.

Aw man...100% right there with you. I too dreamt of being a game designer...and I had the graph paper as well. LOL...such reality...