Soooo... new X-Files tonight?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Second episode was pretty strong, but I'm gonna hope that we're done with the non-flashbacks to their kid. The one with Mulder at the end, in particular, was poorly paced and just dumb.

I think the problem with the flashbacks is they don't transition into those scenes properly so you don't think they are flashbacks right away. And I wonder if it will just be a script error or what, because Mulder said they had to give the kid up for his protection, then later we see he gets zapped up into a spaceship. So either he's super past his kid being abducted by aliens or they get him back and then send him off somewhere.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I think the problem with the flashbacks is they don't transition into those scenes properly so you don't think they are flashbacks right away. And I wonder if it will just be a script error or what, because Mulder said they had to give the kid up for his protection, then later we see he gets zapped up into a spaceship. So either he's super past his kid being abducted by aliens or they get him back and then send him off somewhere.

I got the feeling that those weren't actual flashbacks.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I thought that part (the abduction) was purposely vague and was more what might have happened, or might not, Mulder can't know for sure. It was different from the others in that it might be completely accurate.

That was probably the part of the flashback sequences that I disliked least, since it served a clear narrative purpose even in being vague.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
so is he going to find out about his sister?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
were there more on since Monday?

or is #3 tonight?

thx

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I watched tonight because I had nothing better to do. Give someone new to the series some kind of guide. Was this typical, above average, or below average?

Overall found it pretty bland, left disappointed. Except for this.

giphy.gif

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I like that too.
I want to know if they were this silly, before?
or did the- is dynamic_the right word?_ change show to show?
mulder and skully always had a very charming and funny dynamic, but i can't recall an instance where skully had used sex appeal that readily or classically. she was specifically chosen by Carter because she was very non-sexual. idk the context of this pic either tho, is she talkin to Mulder? in the original series for most of it anyway they weren't openly in love

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Wtf did I just watch? That was such a weird and slapsticky direction. I have no idea how I feel about it, it was genuinely funny but not very xfiles.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
That was an nonexistent flashback from one of the characters claiming that he banged Scully in tonights episode. Which was a parody of the old "Monster of the Week" episodes.

I thought it was awesome and hilarious.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Best episode thus far

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Wtf did I just watch? That was such a weird and slapsticky direction. I have no idea how I feel about it, it was genuinely funny but not very xfiles.

Darin Morgan episodes are usually meta, introspective, and play with the conventions of the show. It was goofy but clever and philosophical at the same time. I thought it was a great episode. Solid guest cast and very entertaining script.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I thought tonight's episode was awesome.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've only watched the first two (will watch the third tomorrow) and I am loving it. Really fun show and it feels just like the old X Files for me.

I guess it's time to revisit the old series.

Where's my tinfoil hat?

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I had a blast with the episode last night, it was quite fun. Also neat to see Mulder be introspective on his own "addiction" to the occult/unexplained.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That was totally X-Files. True to the characters and Morgan's usual treatment of the established world, characters, etc.

Excellent episode.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
it was a bit like Buffy/Angel in quite a few ways.
I enjoyed it. but it was weird in that this is 3 of 6. I'd expect something like this come out if there where to be more episodes and this one got made down the line