Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
good-guy-dale-gribble-49135.png

?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to it. Now if only Chris Carter would bring back Millennium. Bring back Frank Black!

I would love a movie to tie things up in the millennium universe. Lance Hendrickson has been on board with it. I think it's been a funding or audience issue.
I liked the x-files episode tonight.
It kinda redirected to a one world govt conspiracy scheme.
As long as they don't go flat earth on me, I'll be happy getting my tin foil hat fix.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next episode.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I really liked the episode; it felt like a natural continuation of the series. Any chance there will be more besides the six episodes?

I really liked watching this show back in the day; certain episodes are still ingrained in my mind. For some reason, I always found the episode with the big bug that masquerades as a human and goes around making people into zombies real scary.

The movies are hit and miss though; Fight the Future is okay, but the last one was absolutely brutal.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
That was pretty terrible. Every actor seemed bored as fuck the entire show. Going through the motions.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
That was pretty terrible. Every actor seemed bored as fuck the entire show. Going through the motions.

Is this your first time watching an xfiles episode? That's kind of their thing, that persona is part of the reason they are famous and most people look back on it lovingly.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I've seen every episode. 90% of it after season 4 is trash.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
What's all this about it only being six episodes? I guess I haven't been keeping up with info on the show (since it was announced last year) but, I was under the impression it would be at least 12-13.

Was the number lowered at some point and I missed the memo?

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, that second episode felt pretty close to classic X-Files.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
*hollow earth

No, there's this really weird resurgence of flat earthers out there. Hollow earth is a whole lot more palatable.
That's where all the reptilians (except for the royal family) reside.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
people have been shitting on it, but it seems just fine to me. Watch any old episode if you want to talk shit about quality. Those old ones got a lil campy at times.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
No, there's this really weird resurgence of flat earthers out there. Hollow earth is a whole lot more palatable.
That's where all the reptilians (except for the royal family) reside.

The Nazis are partying in there too.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Think I'll stick with it. Both episodes were pretty good and also gave me that nostalgia feel.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Tonight's episode was pretty awesome, and the preview of next week's looks even better. I'm already bummed that this is only going to be 6 episodes, because from the looks of it, they could easily just start the series back up.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Tonight's episode was pretty awesome, and the preview of next week's looks even better. I'm already bummed that this is only going to be 6 episodes, because from the looks of it, they could easily just start the series back up.

The best I think we can hope for would be several 12-14 episode seasons. Duchovny stated that he doesn't want to do a full 20+ episode season and that Gillian may feel the same. A limited group of quality episodes would be fine with me.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
2nd episode had weird "Sanjay Gupta" thing going on in the beginning. They were names of 2 different people, but obviously that is a real person's name.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
people have been shitting on it, but it seems just fine to me. Watch any old episode if you want to talk shit about quality. Those old ones got a lil campy at times.

I agree, although I always thought the camp was one of the main reasons why most X-Files fans love the show. I'm very satisfied with the first two episodes of this season and excited for the third one. The teaser looked great, and Darin Morgan has one hell of a track record with his scripts.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Watching it right now. Just doesn't feel like the old X-Files.

nothing ever does. the original was made in a different era, the new episodes could never recapture the same atmosphere.best thing to do is not to compare the new episodes with the originals and enjoy it for what it is.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Feels like it used to for me, I'm right back in and it didn't even seem like its been so many years

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Second episode was pretty strong, but I'm gonna hope that we're done with the non-flashbacks to their kid. The one with Mulder at the end, in particular, was poorly paced and just dumb.