Define "gamer condition"

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I always considered it anything that was still fully playable. As long any major defects are described, such as a broken case, or missing label, gamer condition could range from poor to good.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Gamer condition, eh? Means anything has been done to that particular cart, except being played. Not unlike a new old-stock AES.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Gamer condition is code for "if you're the type to worry about condition then move along." As long as it plays, gamers don't give a fuck about shit like sunfades.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
if its playable and in decent condition I would say. Also it should be jizz free.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gamer condition is code for "if you're the type to worry about condition then move along." As long as it plays, gamers don't give a fuck about shit like sunfades.

I am pretty sure it means there was a penis on it. at some point.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Gamer condition, eh? Means anything has been done to that particular cart, except being played. Not unlike a new old-stock AES.

i always thought how it was possible for a game to be covered in crap and scratches with labels ripped off. i have a bag full of megadrive and gameboy games that have been moved around from one attic to another, thrown around,squashed and crushed.yet they're still in good condition. i mean unless they have a dog or a young one who likes to chew on games and bury it in the back yard, people must go out of there way to fuck up a game for it to be in gamer condition.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
:-J
likes to chew on games and bury it in the back yard, people must go out of there way to fuck up a game for it to be in gamer condition.
a controller 'toss' can do pretty good damage?
I don't get how all those games stored in a root cellar and packed in food and other various trash :vik: didn't die tho

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
:-J a controller 'toss' can do pretty good damage?
I don't get how all those games stored in a root cellar and packed in food and other various trash :vik: didn't die tho

lol, there's no reason for games to die if kept in a cool,dry and clean place.but yes,i have a bag of games in the attic that have had a bit of abuse over the years and they are still in fairly good condition. i was agreeing with oliverclaude's post on the only way a games condition could fuck up so bad is if it was done intentionally.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
was there a penis on the cart at some point?

Just let the forensics decide. According to some Viennese tho, at some point, there has to be phallic involvement. History proves, there always is. Why should video gaming be any different?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sounds about right...

But you forgot... Below Yaton there should be:

Lenn Yang... Did Not Get Cart...

xROTx

Damnit Rot, I was going to make that joke.
:keke:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Gamer condition

g1360324726954908105.jpg

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Gamer condition

g1360324726954908105.jpg

They been playing drinking games in Magaluf by the look of it.

Gamer condition is what i go for if buying the rarer stuff usually scratched and damaged labels, cracked box and tatty manual

ChrisB

Another Striker
LMAO ;) that's some long ass gaming session too much fatal fury does that to you.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Gamer condition, or what I'm used to light up my Montecristo with. Either a player... or nothing.

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Gamer condition to me would mean that it's worn and maybe a bit beat up, but still in okay shape. For a home cart, I'd say that the case may have scuffing or markings, the insert might be a little messed up, and the cart has scratches. It's a step above "beat to shit," like having torn labels, cracks in the case, etc.

That's also my interpretation of gamer condition. Normal wear and tear from regular use.