Greatest deal you ever found on a Neo Geo system, Aes games, and MVS?

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
My greatest score came from a local pawn shop like 15 years ago. I found a CIB U.S. Neo Geo Aes system with 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, plus 6 U.S. games which included (Burning Fight, Robo Army, Mutation Nation, Cyber Lip, Samurai Shodown 4, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2) for $35. Everything was in mint condition almost as if everything was never hardly played. I already owned a Neo Geo Aes system with a few games already, I was bored that day so I thought let me call all of the pawn shops in my city for shits and giggles to see if they happen to have any Neo Geo stuff. I must've called like 100 different local shops, and I finally hit the jackpot. A few years later like an idiot I traded this guy who was a big time game collector all of my Neo stuff for a fucking new PS2 and a NHL hockey game. Boy I regret that trade even to this day. I never knew that the Neo Aes games and systems were going to cost a fortune in the future. I'd like to hear some other stories if any.

EVLNEOGEO

n00b
Thats a pretty fucking sick deal

Mines probably MVS carts Magicians Lord, Cyber lip, Windjammers and Aero Fighters 2 for £100.

Also got a spinmasters for free when I fixed a dudes monitor (also known as re seating the fingerboard)

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Ashita No Joe for 11€ on the bay, the auction name was "Boxspiel" (boxing game).

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
bought my aes system for £100 which was great at the time. won a kof 2000 mvs cart on bid for £10.that's about it.never really had much luck in great deals when it comes to the neo.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Best deal for me was trading a Genesis 2 and a sports game for a good condition Dynamo Neo conversion cab. While loading it up, I discovered the coin box was full of carts such as Mag Lord, Super Spy, Nam and a few others. Up until recently, I'd regularly find great deals like this on Craigslist but now it seems like every mouth-breather in the area is scouring it 24/7.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I bought my Super Neo 29 for 700 euro last year. That's not the best deal at first sight but it came with Metal Slug 3 and X, Blazing Star, Windjammers, KoF 94 and 97. Given how much these games go for now, i would say that this is my best Neo Geo deal i ever had.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've found alot of good deals locally and hear over the years. One that comes to mind was a old member here a few years ago was looking for a View Point kit and I was looking for a loose SSVS cart. Arcade Shock was selling a View Point kit for $180 and he wanted that game badly. He told me if I purchased the View Point kit from Arcade shock that he would trade his SSVS kit for it, so we made the trade. At the time a SSVS kit was going for around $200-250. I guess we both made out because a complete View Point kit now isn't cheap either.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
This wasn't too long ago, it was a year before I moved in 2010 from NJ. I was checking Craigslist for garage sales and found one in a town I hadn't been too before. It was about an hour and a half to two hours away. The ad was too good to be true. It mentioned NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, TG-16 and CD, Neo Geo and alot of other systems. I remember the ad saying how this was for real, not a joke and to be there when it started. I kept thinking it had to be a big lie, a fraud but then those thoughts of what if it isn't? So, I took a chance. I decided to go. Of course, I was aware that I wasn't the only one to have seen this, so if I wanted to get the goods, I better get there before anyone else.

The sale started at 9:00 am. I got there at 6:30. There were a couple of cars on the street but it wasn't busy. So, I parked in front of the house. It was gated and there were signs saying there was a garage sale. So, I waited..and waited and waited...Time passed, 7:30 arrives and cars begin to show up. 8am gets there and more people showed up :lolz:. 8:30 am and the place was swarming with people. Everyone is making there way to the driveway to get ready for when the gate opened. I knew why they were there, it's always the same thing. :lol:

10 mins before it opens, the owner comes out to let people know they'll be opening soon. I was thinking too myself "There is too many people here, I'll never get to the stuff if I don't run in there and get it before the rest of them do". So, that's exactly what I did. The guy opens the gate and I run in. I passed all the other stuff he had for sale, until I got to the back near the front of his garage where the game stuff was. I saw the Neo games, systems, controllers. I grabbed the white boxed neo system, white boxed neo controller first. He had a stack of AES boxed games, all complete and in great condition. I grabbed each and every one of them. A guy came right next to me and asks me "Are you going to buy all of that?" I don't look at him, I'm busy checking each one of the games and protecting the stuff so no one grabs it. I just say "Yeah...probably". The games I get are Cyberlip, Football Frenzy, Last Resort, Andro Dunos, Burning Fight, Mutation Nation, Robo Army. I leave behind Ninja Combat, Blue's Journey, Crossed Swords since I already had them.

Thinking back, I probably shouldn't have but oh well. The guy who asked me the question hung right next to me and grabbed them as I made my way to the owner to tell him to hold all of this for me.

I make my way to the other game stuff and grab a boxed complete Musha for Genesis. $5.00! I get some of the Turbografx CD games he has and some Sega CD stuff. I paid up and he says "$75 for the boxed AES, $30 for the extra boxed controller, $20 for each of the AES games"...I couldn't believe it, I was lucky I brought plenty of money just in case, paid and got out of there. Best garage sale deal I have ever had, no question about it! :buttrock: I doubt I will ever see one like that ever again, definitely a one in a lifetime.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just this summer, I picked up a $100 cab with a 1 slot and Neo Turf Masters.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Back in 2002-2003, I was able to find Double Dragon Euro AES from oversea twice: 1 copy for $13 and the other copy for $60. I never like the game so I sold them and the profit from selling 1 copy paid for my trip to Japan back then.

I also bought Top Hunter Euro AES and Aero Fighters 2 Euro AES for $13 each and I still have them in my collection.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...yes, they do: madman. Your happy meal box won't be empty for a long time from now on.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I just scooped an Ironclad cart for $50. That's about as good as deals get lately.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't have any super-good Neo scores, but last year I was able to find a loose Windjammers MVS cart on a pinball equipment website based in Portugal for $65 shipped to my door.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I also got Football Frenzy (MVS) for $5 shipped. That was a chat deal, though.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Tyranix95 hooked me up with a blue LB2 MVS cart with english label for $75. He'd bought it for the same price from "oldskool"...
all that took place just a year ago.
Best fucking deal ever. Long live the forums. Glory to Tyranix95.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Boxed gold system, and a stack of commons.

Free.

Unburnable trash night, third week of November-2003.
jiyugaoka/tokyo/JAPAN.