Dark Souls 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Should I care? Haven't played Bloodborne yet but plan to once I pick up a PS4 this holiday season.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
You liked the first two right? Why wouldn't you care? At the same time, if you're going to be busy playing other games when it released like FO4 or Bloodborne, it might make more sense to wait for the GOY edition, assuming it will have DLC. I also haven't purchased a PS4 yet, so I'm kinda in your boat.... But since I appear to apparently love the series (currently playing DS2, while dabbling in Dark Souls and Demons Souls) I'm pretty damn sure when I get a PS4, Bloodborne and DS3 will be purchased right away.

Last edited:

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Miyazaki is back for the 3rd. So it will be better then 2.... I hope. And bb is the shit!!!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My interest in DS2 sort of petered out. I just wasn't captivated like I was with the original.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
i lost interest in DS 2 when i got to the spider boss. I recently picked up the ps4 version to give it another go, and while there are definitely fixes to the game, it still hasn't grabbed me like demon's souls, dark souls, or bloodborne has. I'm going to try and stick with it, but right now i'm only playing it to eventually beat it, not because its hooked me.

StaticX

15 Year Member
This can help if you guys are stuck lol ;)

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Meh. I'll wait and see. I think I'm Dark Souled out.

StaticX

15 Year Member
Just download it dude. I beat the ps3 version then got the ps4 version.....I gave it a shot and just didn't care. Not worth spending the extra $60. Just replay Demon Souls or Dark Souls or Blood Borne. All Miyazaki games and great. When you get that ps4 BB will be your buddy!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
How is the Dark Souls 2 DLC?
The loot is nice, but the enemy placement/volume/strength is overkill bullshit.

Save ya money fa dat druple.
I pissed away half a grand on it and I just love bloodborne....it's pretty easy/quick yet the game is a joy to play and look at.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
The streamers who were invited to FROM's Dark Souls III presentation at e3 report that the game appears to be more like Dark Souls 1 than a continuation of DaSII. The animation and combat shown looked just like the original Dark Souls.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So, midnight launch approaching...

I will be picking up after work. Only watched one short trailer up to this point, so I will have no idea what to expect.

Going to go for a strength build, and hoping the faith skill set is on point. If wrath of god is in this game, I will be pretty excited.

Anyone want to trade PSN I.D's and do some co-op? I'll be playing a lot with my brother and we will likely be playing the game for a very long time if it's on par with Dark Souls 2. I will probably do every build there is, and make a low level PVP and Co-op character after my first run.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm also planning play it a lot. Gotta get that platinum trophy. :)

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
How is the Dark Souls 2 DLC?
Fantastic. The rest of the game is mostly meh but there are some really neat Dlc bosses. Worth playing the rest of the game to get to it Imo.

Also play bloodborne. Has some of the best bosses.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Fantastic. The rest of the game is mostly meh but there are some really neat Dlc bosses. Worth playing the rest of the game to get to it Imo.

Also play bloodborne. Has some of the best bosses.

Yeah that was a typo. I meant dark souls 1. If it's as good only as 2 it's only getting one play through.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Considering buying this on PC. Feels dirty not to buy it for playstation.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Considering buying this on PC. Feels dirty not to buy it for playstation.

I have considered PC as well, but my brothers play PS4, plus my graphics card is only a GTX760 right now. Don't want to have to upgrade to max it.

From playing dark souls one hundreds of hours on every console, and PC, I believe that after a few years the PC servers are much more active. So if this game is something you would want to play for many years, I think PC would be a valid option. Plus there are the steam sales on DLC.

I will probably beat the ps4 version, and by the time the DLC comes out, pick it up on PC and sell my PS4 version.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
So, midnight launch approaching...

I will be picking up after work. Only watched one short trailer up to this point, so I will have no idea what to expect.

Going to go for a strength build, and hoping the faith skill set is on point. If wrath of god is in this game, I will be pretty excited.

Anyone want to trade PSN I.D's and do some co-op? I'll be playing a lot with my brother and we will likely be playing the game for a very long time if it's on par with Dark Souls 2. I will probably do every build there is, and make a low level PVP and Co-op character after my first run.
I'll be getting,DS3 for my PS4.I have it preorder through amazon though i don't expect it to get here asap at it's release.My psn name is in the sig if you need it.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Been playing it a few weeks on Xbox One. Probably 70% of the way done. It's pretty good.

Not much of a spoiler, but gotta respect everyone who hasn't started yet:

Spoiler:
Yes, Wrath is in. There's even a weapon with it as its weapon art.

That said, attack miracles are pretty weak, kind of like DS2 after they nerfed 'em in a patch. Support miracles are pretty handy too to heal, cure status effects, etc. All of this could change in a patch; I've heard they've already buffed sorceries.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wanna get DS3 and BB for PS4 but I have yet to beat DS, I got Demon's so I'm planning to play that after I beat DSI. I hear a lof of complaints about DSII, I'm planning to get DSII FoTSS for PS4, did this version faired better than the original DSII release? I'd also like to get DS PTD edition, looks so much nicer than 360DS, I might get DS for PS3 as well but it seems both versions are pretty much the same. It's a cheapie anyways, so if I find one for a few bucks I might just do it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I wanna get DS3 and BB for PS4 but I have yet to beat DS, I got Demon's so I'm planning to play that after I beat DSI. I hear a lof of complaints about DSII, I'm planning to get DSII FoTSS for PS4, did this version faired better than the original DSII release? I'd also like to get DS PTD edition, looks so much nicer than 360DS, I might get DS for PS3 as well but it seems both versions are pretty much the same. It's a cheapie anyways, so if I find one for a few bucks I might just do it.

Just Get the second versions of the games, they have the DLC. And I haven't noticed a difference between the ps3 and ps4 variants. You might want to research though. I think SOTFS might be a HD upgrade but it's been a while. Its also worth noting that bloodborne has an old hunters version coming out with DLC included, so just hold out for that.

After you beat dark souls one, just skip two, and play 3. Then play demons souls, then bloodborne.

If you play demons souls seriously hit me up. I'm on standby. Im dying to play it again.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Grabbing this on PC.

..but with all my projects going on right now I'm a little nervous if I allow myself to play. Might force myself to sit on it until i'm all caught up... but damn these games suck me in like nothing else in years.