BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Preacher is an interesting case. Rogen, Goldberg, and Catlin basically realized that season 1 was boring, so they literally blew everything up and soft rebooted. And it's way better now, gotta give them credit.

There was no reboot, season 1 was intentionally very slow and comparatively grounded because they knew where they wanted to go for.the rest of the series.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am watching Ozark now... I am enjoying it...

I have Season 2 of Preacher to watch... I think God might made up...

Just like in real life...

xROTx

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Only show I'm really looking forward to right now is the second season of The Exorcist. Fox absolutely killed the first season: Well written, great characters, every episode was a nail-biter. Can't wait.

Jon

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Second season of preacher is a good watch, i've just started watching the defenders, 4 episodes in and after a slow start it's picking up nicely.
Rick and morty's been a mixed bag so far but still far and away the best adult cartoon on tv at the moment, pickle rick episode my favourite so far.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If any of you watch the Arrowverse shows (Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow/Constantine) then check out the Vixen special on CW tonight. It's an animated film they made by slapping together two seasons of the Vixen webseries plus some new content to link them together. Has appearances by Flash, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Atom, Black Canary, etc.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
If any of you watch the Arrowverse shows (Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow/Constantine) then check out the Vixen special on CW tonight. It's an animated film they made by slapping together two seasons of the Vixen webseries plus some new content to link them together. Has appearances by Flash, Green Arrow, Firestorm, Atom, Black Canary, etc.

I was watching The Flash this morning and I was kind of annoyed to have to jump into The Arrow and then into Legends of Tomorrow to finish the multipart episode. It was the Invasion! episode. I don't know if these shows come on one after the other (I'm watching it on Netflix), but it was a bit crazy jumping into different seasons of the shows to watch the whole 3 part episode. It was good though. I love the comic book TV shows.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member

xROTx

Just finished Ozark.

Spoiler:

Last episode disappointed me as to who got killed
Spoiler:

I mean how could they kill Del like that?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I was watching The Flash this morning and I was kind of annoyed to have to jump into The Arrow and then into Legends of Tomorrow to finish the multipart episode. It was the Invasion! episode. I don't know if these shows come on one after the other (I'm watching it on Netflix), but it was a bit crazy jumping into different seasons of the shows to watch the whole 3 part episode. It was good though. I love the comic book TV shows.

The schedule is different for this upcoming season but it used to be Supergirl on Mondays, Flash on Tuesdays, Arrow on Wednesdays, and Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
The schedule is different for this upcoming season but it used to be Supergirl on Mondays, Flash on Tuesdays, Arrow on Wednesdays, and Legends of Tomorrow on Thursdays.

Makes sense then. I'm out of the loop on TV schedules. I haven't had regular TV since 2010.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

xROTx

Ozark was enjoyable. A bit stretched in the believable dept, but the writing/acting was rock solid.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Besides Twin Peaks?

Well....

I'd have to give that to Master of None. Excellent and relevant, and it finally does Asian American representation some justice instead of the clichéd framework of 'upholding family honor,' 'familial pressure' and 'school'. And the soundtrack is fucking FLY!

GLOW was also awesome. Lots of wrestling and Betty Gilpin has got them nice, floppy 80s tits.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Just this poster for this seasons Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow crossover is better than the entirety of the Defenders:
crisis-on-earth-x-poster.jpg

It's Earth-X, meaning all those heroes are fighting their parallel Nazi counterparts (except the black, gay, and Jewish ones, I guess).

It also ties into the new animated webseries they're launching this fall, Freedom Fighters: the Ray.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I enjoyed Jessica Jones and Luke Cage a lot, but I can't see myself enjoying Daredevil more than those two. I still need to give Daredevil a fair shot, though. I think what drew me to Jessica Jones so much was David Tennant.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just this poster for this seasons Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends of Tomorrow crossover is better than the entirety of the Defenders:
crisis-on-earth-x-poster.jpg

It's Earth-X, meaning all those heroes are fighting their parallel Nazi counterparts (except the black, gay, and Jewish ones, I guess).

It also ties into the new animated webseries they're launching this fall, Freedom Fighters: the Ray.

I love the artwork on that poster, and hate it for making me want to watch that show. Hype level: 11

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I enjoyed Jessica Jones and Luke Cage a lot, but I can't see myself enjoying Daredevil more than those two. I still need to give Daredevil a fair shot, though. I think what drew me to Jessica Jones so much was David Tennant.

Daredevil is awesome. The stuff with The Punisher and anything with Kingpin is great. It's also a lot more violent the the other Netflix Marvel series.

Missed the Halt and Catch Fire finale premier tonight but have high hopes.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jessica Jones season 1 is fantastic.
Daredevil season 1 is great
Daredevil season 2 is good, but falls apart near the end
Luke Cage is mediocre
Defenders is bad
Iron Fist is really, really bad

dailyone

n00b
Currently watching
Sons of Anarchy
Shameless
Parks and Recreation
Black Sails
Thanks a lot Netflix. I don't know what i'd do without you!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Looking forward to this:

But... he sure is one weirdass looking Punisher... that haircut blows...

xROTx

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Jessica Jones season 1 is fantastic.
Daredevil season 1 is great
Daredevil season 2 is good, but falls apart near the end
Luke Cage is mediocre
Defenders is bad
Iron Fist is really, really bad

This is spot on.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm halfway through The Handmaids Tale. I could easily mistake it for an original HBO show.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I'm sold on this guy's review on IMDB.

I think this show does to horror TV what "Aeon Flux" on MTV did to animated sci-fi series, what "True Detective" (Season 1) did to noir, or what "Twin Peaks" did to mysteries with a coming-of-age backdrop. In other words, it doesn't just discard the tropes of the genre, it pulls out all the stops at once, and is designed to explore what makes the horror genre truly unique unto itself.

EDIT - the teaser above is for season 2

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Norseman was fantastic. Only 6 episodes and the first one you feel like they can't possibly "extend the joke" through a full season, but they pulled it off. They even managed to build a plot and develop characters. It's a spoof of "Vikings", but exceptionally well done.