Do you have a NGPC now? Did you 15 years ago?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
have you played and found other fighters on the NGP to be easy? Maybe you're just not adjusting to the 2button input well...

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I got mine shortly after release when I was living in Holland. I bought most of my games during that same time period.

Match of the Millennium
Sonic
Metal Slug 1 and 2
Puzzle Bobble
Biomotor Unitron

That's about it. Love the system and still play it.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Never had one but I do remember reading about them in gaming magazines way back in the day. I do plan on owning one in the future. Prices seem good for it too but for how long?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Please for the love of all that's holy tell me that MoTM is hard. Cus i'm getting destroyed. And i'm assuming it's more than just the alcohol i've been drinking tonight. lol.

Course maybe it's just that i haven't played many fighters recently but daaaaamn.

It can be! The last few fights always give me a ton of grief. Especially the Geese/Bison team. Orochi Ryu is also a pain, and a special kind of hell on any difficulty above normal.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's easier if you're playing in tag mode instead of 1 on 1 or KoF style. Geese /Bison and the last boss is rough though.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
Bought one in 2002 from the Neo Store and joined the forums a few months later.

When it first dropped, I had no idea what it was and never saw it. But a buddy had one in blue camo and I loved it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Kidgorilla

n00b
I just bought one last week with a loose Sonic. Got an ok deal on Card Fighters boxed and a UK Faselei, so now I'm thinking of really get into collecting (at least the NA releases)

xsq

nice. wich model did you get?

Also, I'd just go with loose carts - lots cheaper, easier to find, so more gaming fun. Never regretted not having the manuals/boxes - I even gave the few I had away.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The boxes are cool, but the American cardboard boxes do not hold up well. It's more like a firm cardstock. This is one reason people gravitate towards the UK clamshells, but the prices are fairly high.

I'm never sure which model is a slim vs regular for the color models.

turq

Quiz Detective
I'm never sure which model is a slim vs regular for the color models.

The slimline is the one with the word "Color" above the righthand corner of the screen in script (handwriting style) rather than printing.

Kidgorilla

n00b
It's one of the blue American ones. I like the clamshells, but I kind of like how the cardboard NA boxes look on my shelf so far. It's going to be a long road to get them all for prices I'm willing to pay, but I've been lucky so far

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I really should get one tbh... I never got to play those games in all their glory back in the day. I was so jealous of people playing SvC MotM on NGPC...

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I really should get one tbh... I never got to play those games in all their glory back in the day. I was so jealous of people playing SvC MotM on NGPC...

A system and MotM is a much better purchase than SVC Chaos. Cheaper, too.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I got a silver console with Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown 2 shortly after release..... but it died after about six weeks so I took it back and exchanged it for a PlayStation with, I think, Alundra.

Since then I've completed the UK/Euro full set of 39 colour games, plus the two cover variations, and the five B&W titles.

I think it's an absolutely fantastic system, such a shame to see how many unreleased titles were supposedly in development. Windjammers Pocket would have been awesome.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I got a silver console with Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown 2 shortly after release..... but it died after about six weeks so I took it back and exchanged it for a PlayStation with, I think, Alundra.

Since then I've completed the UK/Euro full set of 39 colour games, plus the two cover variations, and the five B&W titles.

I think it's an absolutely fantastic system, such a shame to see how many unreleased titles were supposedly in development. Windjammers Pocket would have been awesome.

What are the two cover variants? I think Metal Slug 1st Mission is one, but what is the other? And yeah I agree that there were many cool games on the horizon. High School Baseball, Ikari Warriors, Magician Lord, SNK Racing, Sakura Taisen, plus many others were rumored at the time. Would have been nice to see the system supported for at least a year or two longer.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Samurai Shodown has a cover variant.

Ah gotcha. I have the Metal Slug ones, wasn't aware of SS having a variant. I'll keep an eye out for it. I still need the black and white games as well but I sort of gave up on looking for those.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Ah gotcha. I have the Metal Slug ones, wasn't aware of SS having a variant. I'll keep an eye out for it. I still need the black and white games as well but I sort of gave up on looking for those.

Which Metal Slug variations are you speaking of?

-SD-

Camel Slug
Sorry, should have been clearer. There are a couple of variants of the back covers where the lower section differs, but I was on about front cover variations. Samurai Shodown 2 is the most obvious as the white and orange artwork is completely different. The other is Pocket Tennis which has subtle colour differences and probably isn't even noticeable unless you're looking.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
The U.K. version has two back covers. Here is a pic of mine. The front and spine are identical, just the back cover is different.

The left one is the original worldwide release, and the right is an updated European release. There are at least two more multilingual European releases. They have descriptions in multiple languages on the back and include separate manuals for each language.

A good number of the earlier titles have three separate language variants.
Except for Samurai Shodown (that got the later cover also used on the US release), it's only the back that is changed on these versions.

xsq

High School Baseball, Ikari Warriors, Magician Lord, SNK Racing, Sakura Taisen, plus many others were rumored at the time. Would have been nice to see the system supported for at least a year or two longer.
this. Wish there was a more active homebrew scene for the NGPC...