Fuck Yeah Vita!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I have quite a few Vita games, here's some of my favorites:
Deception 4 - Set traps to kill enemies and chain them together for cool combos.
Virtue's Last Reward - Sequel to Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) on the DS. A great visual novel with a time-travel element and lots of neat puzzles to solve.
Muramasa - The definitive version of the Wii game. Biggest improvement is the addition of a jump button instead of pressing up on the DPad. Also has some cool exclusive DLC expansions. Made by Vanillaware, so it's gorgeous.
Soul Sacrifice (Delta) - A neat game with some similarities to Monster Hunter, but it's really hard to pin down a genre for it besides "third person action". Has a great story. The Delta version is only available digitally, or in rare and expensive Asian Region English physical copies, and has more story and spells and neat stuff.
Freedom Wars - Monster Hunter-like game, but you have a sick grappling hook and one of the mechanics is to dismember giant robots.
Tales of Hearts R - It's a tales game on Vita, and is an enhanced remake of Tales of Hearts from 3DS. If you've ever played Tales of Phantasia, or Symphonia, you know how these games work.
Dragon's Crown - D&D inspired beat-em-up with a long story campaign and the fantastic art of Vanillaware. Has cross-save functionality with the PS3 version.
Ys Celceta - It's a Ys game similar in style to Ys 7. It's not the strongest game in the series, but I enjoyed it. As always, the music is phenomenal.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have quite a few Vita games, here's some of my favorites:
Deception 4 - Set traps to kill enemies and chain them together for cool combos.
Virtue's Last Reward - Sequel to Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (999) on the DS. A great visual novel with a time-travel element and lots of neat puzzles to solve.
Muramasa - The definitive version of the Wii game. Biggest improvement is the addition of a jump button instead of pressing up on the DPad. Also has some cool exclusive DLC expansions. Made by Vanillaware, so it's gorgeous.
Soul Sacrifice (Delta) - A neat game with some similarities to Monster Hunter, but it's really hard to pin down a genre for it besides "third person action". Has a great story. The Delta version is only available digitally, or in rare and expensive Asian Region English physical copies, and has more story and spells and neat stuff.
Freedom Wars - Monster Hunter-like game, but you have a sick grappling hook and one of the mechanics is to dismember giant robots.
Tales of Hearts R - It's a tales game on Vita, and is an enhanced remake of Tales of Hearts from 3DS. If you've ever played Tales of Phantasia, or Symphonia, you know how these games work.
Dragon's Crown - D&D inspired beat-em-up with a long story campaign and the fantastic art of Vanillaware. Has cross-save functionality with the PS3 version.
Ys Celceta - It's a Ys game similar in style to Ys 7. It's not the strongest game in the series, but I enjoyed it. As always, the music is phenomenal.

I am definitely down for all these. Checking out some of the LE's, damn they are expensive. I think I will just get the normal versions of all the games.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I am definitely down for all these. Checking out some of the LE's, damn they are expensive. I think I will just get the normal versions of all the games.
smart, I like some of the LEs, but I'm never really gonna go hunting for any of them unless I'm in love with the game.
my LEs are:
Corpse party (clearanced on Amazon)
Criminal Girls 1/2 (preordered ;))
Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls (LOOOOOVE the series)
htoL#NiQ (too cute, had to have, preordered)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (only as an LE, bought it and Ys IV when i got my pstv from GS clearance)
Ys IV (long story, got all the LE goodies from GS for free)

also, I'm curious, what the hell is different about soul sacrifice Delta?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
smart, I like some of the LEs, but I'm never really gonna go hunting for any of them unless I'm in love with the game.
my LEs are:
Corpse party (clearanced on Amazon)
Criminal Girls 1/2 (preordered ;))
Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls (LOOOOOVE the series)
htoL#NiQ (too cute, had to have, preordered)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (only as an LE, bought it and Ys IV when i got my pstv from GS clearance)
Ys IV (long story, got all the LE goodies from GS for free)

also, I'm curious, what the hell is different about soul sacrifice Delta?

Delta is basically a big expansion to the core game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/730565...between-delta-and-the-original-soul-sacrifice
new bosses, new quests, new abilities, factions, higher maximum level, etc etc.

Ys Celceta is the only LE worth getting in the list I posted. The included music CD is fantastic.
Corpse Party Blood Drive is cheap, but that's because it is a very bad game compared to the previous two. It's plagued by performance issues, and the story is pretty bad.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I only use my Vita now bc of the recent exploit. I haven't touched it since buying it on black Friday like 3 or 4 years ago.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i think im getting burnt out on the vita collecting. Asian english releases and LRG are just not enough.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Anybody else have a hard time reading or seeing stuff on the Vita screen?
It's my eyes, maybe I'm getting nearsighted.
I have a hard time reading some of the text in games like Boderlands and Streaming Fallout makes foraging impossible.
I got a pair of reading glasses from the dollar tree and it totally fixes everything.
I can see every little detail now and its like one of those magnifier gizmos for the gameboy.
Looks like a giant hi res screen.
Only problem is I gotta hold it about 12 inches or less from my face and that gets uncomfortable.
I think I got 2.5 widescreen glasses and the Vita is the OLED version.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I have a hard time reading some of the text in games like Boderlands and Streaming Fallout makes foraging impossible.
I got a pair of reading glasses from the dollar tree and it totally fixes everything.
I can see every little detail now and its like one of those magnifier gizmos for the gameboy.
Only problem is I gotta hold it about 12 inches or less from my face and that gets uncomfortable.

Sounds like you solved your problem.

When remote play is active if I have a bad connection it can be blurry but not bad. Vita games look great.

Radiantgun

Zero's Secretary
Well my Dragon Quest and Samauri Warriors from Heavy Arm turned up 3 days after ordering , Dragon Question is charming :)

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Snagged a vita off of letgo yesterday.
Oddly enough, it's a Japanese model.
dafuq Nebraska?

4NopIhUl.jpg

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I am NOT a fan video game crowdfunding....at all. I think 90% of the time you are just tossing your money into a toilet. That said, this looks like a cool project:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saffron/rogue-raiders-online-action-rpg-4-player-co-op-for

It definitely has a Phantasy Star Online love song vibe to it. I think I am gonna toss 20 euro at it with the notion it will never be completed. But, I really love what she is trying to do and hope for the best. Having tried to crowdfund things before, it's tough. It's especially tough when you have little or no money to advertise. If the footage she is showing is actually running on Vita hardware, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Edit:

I backed Bloodstained and Muv-Luv....hence my strong opinion on game crowdfunding [grumble] But I did back this game just because I love the underdog vibe to this one.

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
has there been any update on muv luv?
I found it interesting, but I very much missed out on that one.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
has there been any update on muv luv?
I found it interesting, but I very much missed out on that one.

not much, a PC demo I think? I am worried the Vita physical is never gonna' happen

Snakealpha

n00b
For me PsVita is an amazing console, even without exploits. I play all day while going to the job / coming back from job.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

I'm nearly legally blind. -18.5 L-eye, -19 R-eye, and can't even read a shampoo bottle with my lenses in, but I can read a vita screen ok. Streaming from PS4 though is impossible for me. Plus it runs like shit and freezes and disconnects. But i'm not hard wired.