What are the worst games you played last generation?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
By last generation, I mean PS3/360 /Wii.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Ninja Gaiden 3, Gran Turismo 5....I'm also gonna say (on principle) those megaman 9 & 10 reboots are fucking trash for the way the nickle and dimed your ass. I bought one of them thinking I could play as Protoman until I find out he had to be unlocked by pulling off a neat little trick called "paying another 3.99" or whatever the fuck it was.

Haven't supported capcom, team ninja, or polyphony in any way ever since and I don't think I ever will.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Dead Space 3
AssCreed Brotherhood/Revelations
Wario Land Shake It
Final Fantasy XIII

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I generally avoid playing legitimately bad games between reviews and word of mouth but there were a couple I bought that I hated.

Dead Rising (shut the fuck up, Otis)
Resident Evil 6 (the demo seemed fine but wow was that shit bad)
Pretty much everything on the Wii not made by Nintendo or Capcom

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Transformers the Movie - borrowed from work out of curiosity. Curiosity instantly fulfilled.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Was actually looking forward to playing this. Loved the 1st one.

As was I, but it was sorely disappointing. Too much action, micro transactions, online only coop, and a terrible execution.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Obvious ones:

Lost: Via Domus - I refused to buy it unless I found it on the cheap, lo and behold I walked into a Blockbuster going out of business sale, 5 dollars.

Duke Nuke'em Forever - Not bad for a PS1 game ... I mean ... ugh, again, got it super cheap, 12 or 13 bucks

Earth Defense Force - Seriously have no clue what you guys are wanking to, horribly boring game

Too Human - oh god, what happened here? I never bought this, thank god!

Popular Ones:

All Call of Duty games

All Halos after 3

Gears of War 2/3

GTA IV DLC

LA Noire

Every Lego game after you understood the formula

Lost Planet games (more like Lost Camera? Lost Controls? Lost Fun?)

Dead Rising - so much potential

Burnout Paradise - Open World Racing ... WTF

Games I didn't hate or love, but I'm glad were made:

SFIV - It's ok, not my cup of tea, just glad Capcom is still making it
KOF13 (or whatever it's called now)
Tenchu - RIP, it wasn't that bad, can't someone helm a AAA version of this game?

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Resident Evil 6
Alpha Protocol

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ni no kuni

:(

banpls

edit: it's far from perfect, but it was not a disappointment for me. Did I love every second of it? nah not even close. Did I love the overall experiece? without a doubt.

and Stranglehold was pretty bad.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
banpls

edit: it's far from perfect, but it was not a disappointment for me. Did I love every second of it? nah not even close. Did I love the overall experiece? without a doubt.

all beauty, completely unfun experience.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
LittleBigPlanet - Chose it as one of my free games during the big PSN outage of 2011. Thought it would be a fun co-op game to play with the wife, but it just ended up frustrating both of us. WipEout HD Bundle was a much better choice.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Oblivion: 1000 steps backwards over Morrowind.

Chromehounds: Loved the game, fucking horrible that they offlined their servers. Fuck. You.

Samurai Showdown Sen: The only game I felt like taking a dump inside the case, close it, tape it shut, and mail that bitch back to SNK/Playmore.

Test Drive Unlimited: So much potential, yet boring.

Halo: Reach: ODST was fun, but Reach should've been an add on to one of the previous games.

All micro transactions: One of the main reasons I haven't picked up a current gen console.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
The worst games in my opinion are:
Street fighter 4, all 100 of them.
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Call of Duty all the ones on PS3 except Modern Warfare (the first one that came out on ps3)
and last but not least Super Smash bros. Brawl

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
The Walking Dead - the FPS, not the Telltale games. I still couldn't resist cheevo-whoring this game to 1000/1000 though.
Duke Nukem Forever - we waited over a decade for THIS?!?

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I loved ni no kuni. Catching pokemon got boring quick, but I overall enjoyed it. For once this generation, the manual was actually opened to solve the decoder puzzles. I also couldn't get into little big planet. Just wasn't my cup of tea. I steered away from the bad reviewed or fps in general.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Duke Nukem Forever
Timeshift
Shellshock 2 blood trails

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
PS3: God of War 3, FotNS: Kens Rage 2, Assassins Creed, KoF XII, Castlevania: Lords of Suckass,
and Raystorm HD

X360: Halo 3 or CoD: AW

Wii: Castlevania Judgement

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Surprised no one has mentioned this but, hands down, my number one disappointment EVER is Nights: Journey of Dreams. The majority of the game is extremely childish mini-games, which are not worth playing through to get to the chase levels (only decent part of the game).

As for Ni no Kuni, it is extremely tedious. They took what should have been an hour and a half Studio Ghibli movie and tried to build an RPG around it. The Pokemon way of getting familiars sucked, too. I'll put it this way: Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne>Ni no Kuni.

Jon