What are the worst games you played last generation?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Castlevania lords of shadow
Resident Evil operation racoon city
RE6

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ride to Hell: Redemption is the very worst game I can remember playing last gen. I'll add Rogue Warrior as a runner-up.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Enemy-Territory Quake Wars and Brink

Somehow they fucked up bringing Return to Castle Wallenstein multiplayer back.. TWICE. At this point just do an hd remake with a bunch of the fan maps and toss the makers some cash. It's so ridiculous the aborted and fan patched multiplayer only Enemy-Territory is so good while the released games by people that actually get paid to put time into it put out a steaming turd.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
RE: Operation Raccoon City
Earth Defense Force
Gran Turismo 5 & 6
FF XIII
Dead Space 3
Vampire Rain
Cross X Edge
Batman Arkham Origins
Lost Planet 2
RE6
Condemned
Afrika
Time Crisis 4

...I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them atm. Honestly still trying to forget some of those experiences, although I fear I may never be able to forget how awful Vampire Rain and Cross X Edge are. At least EDF gave me a few laughs before I started to wonder when it would end.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Resident Evil 6
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter 4
Call of Duty (all)
And..

Samurai Showdown Sen: The only game I felt like taking a dump inside the case, close it, tape it shut, and mail that bitch back to SNK/Playmore.

Could not have put it better myself.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
DMC made me want to puke. I hadnt played a devil may cry game since the first 2 and holy motherfucker did i laugh and pull that out of the machine fast.

Resident evil 6 was pretty bad. More of a letdown i think than just being awful.

Assassins creed needs to fuck off.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Have any of the 3D Castlevanias been worth a shit?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Lords of Shadow 1 is really good, IMO. It's an unabashed God of War knockoff, but it does a really good job at that. It's also far more challenging than a lot of games.

LoS 2, though, ugh. Terrible.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Surprised no one has mentioned this but, hands down, my number one disappointment EVER is Nights: Journey of Dreams. The majority of the game is extremely childish mini-games, which are not worth playing through to get to the chase levels (only decent part of the game).

I thought about posting it, but I last played it 7+ years ago when it came out and my memory isn't so great. At least it had a pretty good soundtrack.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Resonance of fate. Such a bummer. On paper the concept is awesome but the combat is so esoteric and overly-complicated that it ruins the experience. The setting, visuals, and the system where you open up the map with puzzle pieces is really cool. The combat kills it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

I thought the two on the PS2 were fantastic. LoS though, complete garbage.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I don't mind saying, this generation has simultaneously been the longest and, overall, hasn't really provided all that many "what a piece of shit moments". Which is impressive, considering.

Downloadable demo's from online sources (PSN/XBL) has definitely helped minimise my curiosity getting the better of me (re: RE6, DmC etc).

I'd say my list was more about disappointments/letdowns > outright worst games ever, last generation:

Burnout Paradise - just wasn't what I at all wanted off the back of 1-5 for PS2 etc
SSF2HDRemix - just looked unbelievably, desperately ugly
Lost Planet 2 - Again, not at all what I wanted vs the original, which was great
Resident Evil 5 - not horrendous, but not a patch on RE4 before it.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - Horrible, arcadey shite
KOFXII - no explanation req'd
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3) - one of those last gen, piece of shit ports. Played PS4 version since and it's 100x better.
MotorStorm: Apocalypse - Hurts to mention this, as the first two outings are my fave racers of the last gen, but the 3rd instance was, should we say, not on target
Blaz Blue series - expected more than just GG Alternate universe. Oh well. More of the same it is then
Armored Core sequels - PS1 & PS2 titles were great. Not sure what happened with the next gen versions, but they were convoluted and dull
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - after the first one was so great and well realised, not sure how they could fuck this up so badly
Street Fighter X Tekken - Should have been amazing. Really wasn't.
Silent Hill Homecoming & Downpour - I didn't even bother tbh.
Red Faction - loved the original two. Not sure why the change to TPS was deemed 'necessary'
Soul Calibur IV - felt stiff and boring vs the first 3 on PS2. Also, having SW characters in there was a real turn-off/no-no for me.
MKvsDC - a typical Midway 3D fighter. Massive leaps have been made since via MK9, which is actually good. Not MKvsDC though.
Resistance 1 & 2: These were just crap. I will say though, R3, though too little - too late, was actually good.
Twisted Metal - lacked all the charm and 'qualities' of the originals on PS1. Should never have (bothered) been made
Alien vs Predator - Dull/Generic
Crysis (PS3) - I never had a PC to play this bitd. Expected great things, but this was just as average as they come. Disappointing.
Soldner X - Dull as dishwater Euroshmup (Soldner X2 was good though!)
(Any) Virtua Tennis after VT & VT2 for DC - they just don't have that magic and suffer from generic disease
Bodycount - loved Black (last gen), but this unofficial sequel was just bland as fuck
Ridge Racer: Unbounded - some shitty cash in using RR's legendary name. Avoid.
Bionic Commando (Reboot) - Dull/Embarrassing
TMNT ReShelled - Wank

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Dragon Age Origins. It's bland, boring, and comes with an in-game DLC Salesman.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Lords of Shadow 1 is really good, IMO. It's an unabashed God of War knockoff, but it does a really good job at that. It's also far more challenging than a lot of games.

LoS 2, though, ugh. Terrible.

You could argue God of War was a Devil May Cry/ Rygar/ Lament ripoff.

I thought the two on the PS2 were fantastic. LoS though, complete garbage.

Co-sign 100%

Lament of Innocence was awesome, House of Sacred Remains is some of the best game music I've heard.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Call to Juarez
Time and Eternity
Fable Heroes
Might Switch Force
Class of Heroes (and I love dungeon crawlers)
Bulletstorm
Duke Nukem 3D
MK vs DC

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Bodycount - loved Black (last gen), but this unofficial sequel was just bland as fuck

yeah, I didn't even know about this until recently.

Damn shame, I still play Black every now and then.

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
Max Payne 3 - For every 1min of game play, I had to sit through 5min of unskippable cut-scenes of a terrible Man on Fire ripoff. I loved 1+2.
Prototype - Was excited for this one. I remember forcing myself to finish it. At the start of every new chapter I couldn't believe it wasn't over yet.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Co-sign 100%

Lament of Innocence was awesome, House of Sacred Remains is some of the best game music I've heard.

Always thought that there was an unusually large number of empty rooms in LoI, which made it look unfinished.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think I played DIRT3, that was crap. Formula 1... well many of those I just couldn't get into. Didn't play much, not a lot worth playing.. for me anyway.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Resonance of fate. Such a bummer. On paper the concept is awesome but the combat is so esoteric and overly-complicated that it ruins the experience. The setting, visuals, and the system where you open up the map with puzzle pieces is really cool. The combat kills it.

The learning curve is murder, definitely. But man, once I got the hang of it, I absolutely loved it. You could pull off some amazing stuff if you had your groove on.

nappyleon

n00b
I'm going to have to put street fighter 4 on here. I've loved street fighter for a long time. I bought street fighter 4 and super sf 4. And played them very minimally they just were not fun.