Battle Garegga Saturn

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Someone talk me out of flipping some crap and going for a $500 garegga pcb.

Gonna be a tough one, after all it's the post-modern smupper's wet dream... and who'd dare to deny him this little pleasure ;).
Bad news: your B-day is a year from now. Good news: X-Mas' coming. Better yet: who cares about special occasions, just go for it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You talking to me? I致e already 1CC it multiple times, have a letter score, etc. What exactly do you mistake me for huh?
timthumb.php

In all seriousness though, if you're ok with the bullet colors I'd say go for that PCB, is not like they circulate all the time. Did you sell that Batrider?

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
You talking to me? I致e already 1CC it multiple times, have a letter score, etc. What exactly do you mistake me for huh?

No EG, considering he wanted to buy it. Save him some cash from hunting down originals if all he wants to do is play it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know and I agree but there's that unexplainable thing you feel when you're playing the real thing. It exists, it's there, if it wasn't true I probably wouldn't have so much crap...it's a pickle 'cause you keep telling yourself that a rom or a burn is just as good but somehow we still shell big bucks for these games. I'll be the first to say that I'm an idiot for thinking this way but hey maybe someday I'll be ready to let go...kinda like a road to enlightenment...

Some Mist

NEST Puppet
yea.. I kinda prefer playing it on the cab though the port is amazing. it's just a sketchy purchase since the board is so frail.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I play the Saturn rev on my cab. Split the difference.

I once unplugged dewanSNK's garrega to test another board, just unplugged, didnt even take it out of the cab, when I plugged it back in it didnt work and a few different people tried but couldnt repair it.

A few years later I was offered another garrega pcb in a big trade, sent it to dewface free of charge. My conscience was killing me.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Good insight folks, i appreciate it. It is my second or third favorite shooter of all time, so for that, I feel playing an original is warranted. But I have played the port for years and been satisfied, plus it will not spontaneously combust. I have also had the saturn port in a cab and it is pretty close to the real thing.
I am going to pass for now, until I feel like it is the game I want to sink a a solid 12 months into.

I did keep batrider btw. I had to trade an Air Gallet for that, so it is a keeper.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have an Air-Gallet I've been thinking of trading for Batrider...

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
You should 1CC it before ditching it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Not for lack of trying...game is murder. I have to say though, I truly enjoyed that youtube channel you shared with us the other day, so much good info and top play the problem is that they sidetrack too much and it's hard to keep paying attention when they drift off talking about other things.

I've been playing it for survival but I should watch some videos and dedicate more time to it. I love the game, I love the weapon that I can aim with, I forgot what is called, I bet is not a good weapon to work with though.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
For those who have played, how good is it?

Is it worth the $180 it goes for on eBay?

I'd do a walking dead and bite your hand off at that price so yes IMO, fantastic shooter in my top 5 saturn shooters no doubt, i've got a chipped saturn and that's the way i've been able to play this game. Off the top my head i'm pretty sure i've got it on fba pro or final burn legends on the og xbox as well.
Op may be interested in another raizing saturn shooter called soukyugurentai (don't know if i've spelt it right lol, and apologies if this has already been mentioned as i haven't read all the post's) this is another class shooter and i think way more difficult than battle garrega, but a lot cheaper to pick up, came out on the ps1 as well but saturn version is the better IMO (played them both))

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Got the Xbox out last night and fired it up, battle garrega is indeed playable with final burn legends I ain't played it in a while so had my arse handed to me on a plate by 3rd level but it played pretty sweet for the few levels I stumbled my way through, i'd had a good few jack and coke's so I'm using that as an excuse. Lot's of cave goodies on there as well, it's a sweet little emulator that anyone with a modded Xbox should check out...

Last edited: