How are x-arcade sticks?

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
I can't believe people still actually consider these. You're better off just getting a MadCatz SE FightStick, they are super cheap too & it's SO easy throwing in legit parts.

Looking at an X-arcade stick gives me the same feeling in my gut I get when looking at a terrible MAME cab. I love when it's a combination of the two as well.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
i bought an x-arcade tankstick (the big ass one with the trackball) about 5-6 years ago and have barely used it... at the time i thought it was the bees knees but now not so much, i'm currently looking at ways to improve it by replacing sticks and possibly the buttons

really can't stand the sticks on it after using ball top controllers and the buttons don't feel too great either :\

anyone got any tips? (apart from getting rid of it completely :p)

flashbackx

Crossed Swords Squire
i bought an x-arcade tankstick (the big ass one with the trackball) about 5-6 years ago and have barely used it... at the time i thought it was the bees knees but now not so much, i'm currently looking at ways to improve it by replacing sticks and possibly the buttons

really can't stand the sticks on it after using ball top controllers and the buttons don't feel too great either :\

anyone got any tips? (apart from getting rid of it completely :p)

I was in the same boat as you. I basically only use my Fightsticks now, and I drag out the tankstick for the trackball or the rare occasion people want to play a 4+ player mame game. Replacing the sticks/buttons with Happ competition parts has been the go to for most people stuck with these things; but I haven't bothered since the friends who end up using it don't know or care about the difference between a quality stick and the Xarcade.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I was gonna get a Tankstick, but after reading this thread, maybe just get a couple of HRAP instead

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have tankstick that I got years ago on the cheap. I replaced the sticks and buttons with happ competition. It works great now. I never had any issues with the pcb, no lag or compatibility issues on my computer. It's new home is my mame cab as a replacement to the original control panel.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
One of the main reasons why I wanted to pick it up in the first place was its compatibility with several consoles I have. And the tankstick is made to be easily modable. Hmm, maybe I will get one after all

jeffensminger

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
One of the main reasons why I wanted to pick it up in the first place was its compatibility with several consoles I have. And the tankstick is made to be easily modable. Hmm, maybe I will get one after all

Keep in mind that I only use it on a computer. Most people seem to complain about lag when using it on consoles. I would probably only buy one if it was cheap. The stock joysticks were complete crap. The buttons were pretty bad too.