Why is ReplicaX such a dick to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
which means...you realized weed just cheated you out of a full time job w an extra 5 grand. you still smoking?

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
No I have the job, as a temp. I stopped smoking, passed a drug test, background check, everything to get it.

While working, and doing a kick ass job I might add... I was asked to switch to full time, a offer they only made to 3 out of 12 temps. The offer also included a 5,000 a year raise and permanent benefits like vacation earned and health/dential.

I say "Yea where do I sign?" Then they say we need you to pass another test. I was setup to take the test after working that very shift. My shift ends, I enter the place to give my sample... I take it. I know I'm pretty much fucked at this point, I was just smoking that very weekend...

You forgot this fun fact. Aka, the buying clean piss part.

*11th Update*

So my job wanted me to become a permanent employee (I was a temp) and happily I accepted...
Then they sprung another drug test (I passed the first one) on me without any time to prepare (aka buy clean piss).
When the results of dat f'er come back I will no doubt be unemployed again.
Looking like I might be able to make it after all. :P

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Yea Teddy, only the kicker for me... I don't even know anyone who isn't A) Smoking pot and B) Willing to sell me piss.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No I have the job, as a temp. I stopped smoking, passed a drug test, background check, everything to get it.

While working, and doing a kick ass job I might add... I was asked to switch to full time, a offer they only made to 3 out of 12 temps. The offer also included a 5,000 a year raise and permanent benefits like vacation earned and health/dential.

I say "Yea where do I sign?" Then they say we need you to pass another test. I was setup to take the test after working that very shift. My shift ends, I enter the place to give my sample... I take it. I know I'm pretty much fucked at this point, I was just smoking that very weekend... As anyone who was at a certain Neo Gathering can confirm. When I got home, I talked with my wife about it.. She insisted that if I tested dirty they would fire me for sure. "A job is better than no job!"

Now I know the place who collected the sample isn't connected to my work by anything but paper, and the test results won't be ready for days. So the very next day early, I inform my supervisor that I was very sorry but dew to my situation I would be withdrawing my application and remain a temporary.

He seemed very puzzled by this, seems no one had ever turned them down before. But I'm still working, every shift since, and I haven't heard shit about it. Life continues like before...

That is the full honest story, seem some wild tales about me have formed on Slashchat...
It's amazing you don't seem to grasp how sad your story is. How soul-crushingly sad your life sounds.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm guessing your wife smokes as well, at least enough to not give you a hard time about passing up on medical and dental (the real tragedy here)? You're kinda probably going to need those 2 things more than the extra money as you get older since you live in the U.S...

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Whole lotta monday morning quarterbacking the guy's life going on here about taking the pot. Seems he saved his job in the short term, and probably still has a chance in the future at the opportunity because of his decision at the time. Certainly I'm unaware of many details, but the ganja is the only performance enhancing drug I'm aware of for video gaming.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
and probably still has a chance in the future at the opportunity because of his decision at the time.
lol what chance? You think he's ever -- at any point in his life -- going to stop smoking long enough to test?

Anyway, as pointed out by Renmauzo, the fact his wife was fine with this is a huge tell. The trajectory of their lives is pretty easy to chart, even only hearing this one story combined with the wife's reaction. Sad.

but the ganja is the only performance enhancing drug I'm aware of for video gaming.
:rolleyes:

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
Whenever a Masscrew member needs to throw down, I can always provide the boxing ring and equipment. The gym is right in Waltham and close to a bar for the after-beatdown party.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Bought himself the option to quit/shelve later, and didn't get browbeat by his wife for his decision. Dude pissed dirty and still got out of it intact. Is fired and divorced the only acceptable outcome here?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Bought himself the option to quit/shelve later, and didn't get browbeat by his wife for his decision. Dude pissed dirty and still got out of it intact. Is fired and divorced the only acceptable outcome here?
Yeah, he squeaked out of a bad spot. Whoopie. But it's meaningless, because he'll never get out of the bad spot that is the entire rest of his life. If you don't see that, it just means you're in the empty shit life zone with him.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Yeah, he squeaked out of a bad spot. Whoopie. But it's meaningless, because he'll never get out of the bad spot that is the entire rest of his life. If you don't see that, it just means you're in the empty shit life zone with him.

Again, I'm going on only the details of this thread, and nothing more. Give room to those who make mistakes, and consider realizing that if everybody in this world was like oneself it would be a fucking miserable place. I've got no skin in this game, but I also don't give a horse's shit about what people do outside of work. I have no tolerance for non-sobriety while on the job, as I consider that to be professionalism. Any "empty shit life zone" I may be in is independent of a stranger that is fully aware of the consequences of his actions, and, remarkably, made a quick judgement call to cleverly save his own ass. Kinda sounds like he can still run for presidency.

Seriously, just go crank some FEB-MAR 1980 JGB.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I have a childhood friend who smoked weed since he played sports in H.S. the drugs they gave him were a gateway drug and he smoked and lived with his Dad until he was like in his early 30s. Asked a girl out he knew for 15 years at work, now has a kid and is married. Said he quit because he built up a tolerance to it, but I know he quit because of his family.

I'm glad I never got into it. Bipolar + Mood drug = bad news.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Again, I'm going on only the details of this thread, and nothing more.
The details of this thread are that he's old enough to be married but has only a temporary work position with no benefits. And the worse news is that he isn't married to someone who is going to motivate him to get his shit together, because clearly, her shit isn't together, either. So what you have is two people eking out a meaningless existence as if they were still in that transitionary phase after just finishing high school that will continue forever without ever advancing into becoming anything until they're too old to do anything about it and end up living off the state.

Kinda sounds like he can still run for presidency.
Run for presidency? This guy won't even rise to the level of Subway Sandwiches branch assistant manager during his lifetime. You want to pretend like all doors are still open for this guy? That his future is anything he wants it to be? Get fucking real.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
1) Employed
+
2) Seemingly in a marriage where "thick and thin" is very much applicable
+
3) No "official" track record of failure (unless outside of this particular situation)
=
He pissed away $5K and full time, but had the wherewithall to fix it. Dude got his mulligan, and it's his choice as to how he goes forward (along with the Mrs., natch). His future is anything he wants it to be, and he should count his lucky stars for the chance.

Anyway, g'night.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
1) Employed
+
+
3) No "official" track record of failure (unless outside of this particular situation)
=
He pissed away $5K and full time, but had the wherewithall to fix it. Dude got his mulligan, and it's his choice as to how he goes forward (along with the Mrs., natch). His future is anything he wants it to be, and he should count his lucky stars for the chance.

Anyway, g'night.
Hooray for rationalization and reading things in the most pleasant light, made possible by conveniently ignoring the depressing and negative aspects of his story.

But I can see you are ready to pass out for the evening, so good night. Try to remember to stub everything out so you don't burn a hole in the arm of the plaid canvas sofa.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Yea Teddy, only the kicker for me... I don't even know anyone who isn't A) Smoking pot and B) Willing to sell me piss.

I’d be willing to sell you clean shit.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
So buying clean piss is a real thing? I thought it was just something funny in the Trailer Park Boys most recent movie.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
winners.gif

-

Simple.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
1) Employed
+
+
=

Anyway, g'night.

I don't think you're getting the whole picture here... the dude's working part time and blowing his money on weed.

His life really is going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.