Neo Geo 4 slot cabinet restore

alby13

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i thought putting a cab in an SUV was a feat, but a scion 1st gen Xb? you gotta be kidding me... great work!

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
How the hell did I not see this!? So this was the cab the Jasen posted on FB Freaking awesome job! Ill be sure to make this a reference post for my 4 slot restore :D

Edit* What tinted primer did you use?

Last edited:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Jeff what is the trick to getting the vinyl stickers on perfectly straight?

I used a long t-square from the bottom of the red section to measure up and mark where the bottom of the decal should be in several places. Then I used blue painters tape to make a straight line across my marks. You can see through the transfer paper enough to see the blue tape to use it is a guide for the bottom of your letters. I didn't bother with the hinge method to apply the decals I just did it by hand.

tombou

n00b
Excellent job! Thank you for the color matching and vinyl alignment tips too!

fanatic_j

n00b
Incredible that you got that into a Scion. I couldn't get mine into a 4Runner, so I rented a cargo trailer from UHaul.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I picked up a 4 slot big red just like yours earlier in the year. Looks like things are going well in your restoration. Keep us updated with the progress! I'd like to get some ideas for restoring my cab! ;)

Last edited:

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
They meet...

Color match is pretty much dead on.

14702779855_597296bd0a_z.jpg

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Took some bumps on the way in the house. Put a nice scratch in one side and ripped vinyl lettering.

14703257045_10590bb87a_z.jpg

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Damn, awesome work! Amazing the cab fit in a Scion??? Commendable job.

tonycawa

n00b
The paint looks good! How much did a gallon of that cost? I have a source to get full length vinyl with logos printed for about 50 a side. Trying to decide which to do. The vinyl sample they sent me is pretty spot on I slapped it on the side of the cab to compare and unless you are really close you cant even spot it. I guess paint is easier to touch up later if it gets a scratch where vinyl you are screwed if it gets damaged.

Jasens Customs also does the stickers for the arrows above the coin doors also. He also makes a stencil for the sides if you want to paint them on or touch up existing ones.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Very nice job on the paint and decals. Second Big Red, I'm jealous as I'm still having an issue locating one locally in Florida. I have been looking for 2 years now.

thisisbrix

n00b
I agree with everyone else, the color match looks really solid. The guy I bought my two slot from gave me a can of grenadine paint, but after seeing what grenadine looks like next to your custom color, I might need to do some more digging myself. Thanks!