Forum community - Welcoming feedback on dispute with dbarrett0981

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I live in fear and dread the day that the Neo Lynch Mob comes for me. Probably why I don't fuck up transactions.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I am one of them.

I wouldn't bother to be honest, he's clearly someone who can justify whatever shitty fuck ups he makes with a blanket 'everyone does it' approach in his mind. There's no changing his stance - he is in the right as far as he is concerned and that's that.

It's the kind of bloody mindedness that you need to get some things done, like, I don't know, robbing people of their possessions because they were mis-sold unrequired insurance on their doorstep by aggressive sales people.

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
I wouldn't bother to be honest, he's clearly someone who can justify whatever shitty fuck ups he makes with a blanket 'everyone does it' approach in his mind. There's no changing his stance - he is in the right as far as he is concerned and that's that.

Almost the same rationalization that people who fail to pay their debts use.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
As usually I got nothing important to add so I'm just going to leave the following picture here.

Spoiler:
2.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why is there even a need for debt collection agency? Just grab the guy and sell his organs to settle it. XD

dbarrett0928

Banned
Collection agencies help banks and issuers recover funds keeping interest rates lower for all of us. We only get paid if we collect money and we often I would say 9 times out of 10 cut the debtor a deal to settle their debt at less than what they owe with no recourse to their credit history. Not all agencies are bad it's just certain calls you hear about. If you did it for a living the second you got on the phone you would know exactly what I'm talking about. People lie to us and run from us and curse us out all day. We hear countless story after story about sickness and death and divorce and unemployment and more. Some are legitimate and we work with them and some are not and those are the ones we stick it to.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
This is the point on most forums where a moderator locks the thread down, sanitizes posts and starts handing out bans.

Not here.

I love this place.
:keke:

Any time people complain about "over-modding" the site or "mod abuse", I laugh.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Collection agencies help banks and issuers recover funds keeping interest rates lower for all of us. We only get paid if we collect money and we often I would say 9 times out of 10 cut the debtor a deal to settle their debt at less than what they owe with no recourse to their credit history. Not all agencies are bad it's just certain calls you hear about. If you did it for a living the second you got on the phone you would know exactly what I'm talking about. People lie to us and run from us and curse us out all day. We hear countless story after story about sickness and death and divorce and unemployment and more. Some are legitimate and we work with them and some are not and those are the ones we stick it to.

Did you ever pay the money you promised to Chris Hicks?

If not, that's a debt you owe.

Ironic.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

Says the man who owes money to people on the forum and is currently sat at the other end of a bank account having begged for money because of sickness and death and divorce.

So full of shit.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
Just wanted to say as a relative noble around here, mike is one of the best guys I've met. I've bought several things from him and they were all awesome. He was also always willing to answer any novice questions I've had and has provided great advice. I'm sure I will be buying a ton more stuff from him. I'm trying to resist ping him about another of his pcbs right now, in fact...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Well, I got it at 6p when I got home, but yes, I have the cart. Small tear in the label but nothing that should be affecting anything of course - not worried, no one buys their boot multi-carts for aesthetics. I tested it about 30 mins ago - it does nothing. Opened it up and PCB's are orientated correctly. I know you said you were getting the bios menu screen - i'm getting absolutely nothing. At any rate; i'll refund you per the PM agreement reached last week.

If anyone who's followed this thread wants the cart for $15 / shipped, post here or PM me. if you want the shock and art too, add $10.

EDIT: cart sold

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Just an update he has cart as of 130 today. I have yet to hear from him. I am sure I will tomorrow.

You really shouldn't have made this so difficult to begin with. Nobody wants to do business with someone who's a pain in the ass.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
So you sent him a working cart and got back a non-working one. Fantastic. :/

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mike take High res Photos of the Board! it maybe something simple that can be fixed

It's already sold and packaged up for James. I suspect something happened with the taking out of cart and shell swap, etc. These things aren't made with the quality and care of legit carts of course. While we both think we got a raw deal here, we ultimately shared the pain in our eventual agreement. Neither of us are pleased, i'm sure, but it's resolved. This isn't meant as a sleight, but I don't think dbarrett has opened many carts, hence the label damage, but again, that's partly on me - I did give him the ok to attempt reasonable troubleshooting - so again, shared pain.

Hide

Banned
Just saw this. Mike is always cool in my books both here and on Racketboy.
Whatever happens, I instinctively think that Mike is always right.
Ima be politically correct here and say Mike handled the situation like a cool cat.
For the other guy I don't really know, I don't care but I remember an old-tymer telling
another guy not to sell stuff to him as he's a 'cocksucker'. He probably is.

Whatever, but in Mike I trust.

Lenn.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The way I look at it, whatever parts starts "acting a fool" if both people are trying to be fair and not scam one another, is instantly in the wrong. A little bit of friendliness and basic communication skills can resolve 99% of all problems when both the seller and the buyer want to make things cool

Case in point...sold two PS1 games, and apparently one game had a few more scuffs than I remembered / saw when I shipped. Buyer was kinda bummed, and within twenty minutes of PM's, everything was resolved, he was happy, knows I treat people fairly, and we all go on about our day no problem

If you want someone to help you, don't bite their damn hand when they try