Hearthstone

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm not home so I built my deck here

I'm considering at this point removing the sinister strike and adding a second conceal. The sinister has won me a few games though for that little bit of extra reach at the end of the game. But the conceal may net even more damage by allowing a nice concealed cold blood combo or a non finisher leeroy to conceal if I need that extra turn to win.

I like your idea of 2 saps though. I might try to work that in as well. Do you find that pagle still works for you? I ended up melting mine shortly after the nerf because it was just too slow in most decks. I'd almost rather have a coldlight oracle instead of pagle in a deck like this. I do see a lot of people run the coldlight in miracle rogue. I just don't like giving the other player cards though. I'd never run it.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love shadow stepping coldlight and running other cards like mukla and vanish to completely fuck up the other guy's hand. Honestly, Pagle is good if you can get him out on a turn 2 or coin turn 1. If he draws you a card then you've already gotten value out of him. It also puts a big target on him which can take attention aware from the other stuff you have building up. If somebody uses silence on him (which has happened to me), that's just one less silence they can use on my auctioneer so I'm happy with that trade.

Sap is great to have in order to remove taunts that may obstruct leeroy's path when you're ready to hit their face a few times for the finish. I've toyed with the idea of using black knight in this scenario, but black knight costs 6, which even though you get the enemy removed and get a nice 4/5 out of it, you really can't afford to spend that much and have mana left over for the Leeroy finish. Sap only costs 2, and can be further reduced to 0 with preparation. This allows Leeroy to be shadow stepped 2 times and finish them with a cold blood (if needed).

I'm an average miracle rogue player, though. It's not my main deck, although I understand how it works. These days I much prefer control warrior and control druid. I have a much higher win rate with them.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Alright I just looked at your deck. There's a couple cards I'd consider replacing to give the miracle better synergy if I were you:

Sinister Strike --although it cheaply keeps the auctioneer combo going, by the time you're getting the miracle going it the 3 damage to the face really isn't doing much value. You really want something high costing/damaging that you can use preparation for (maybe something like Sprint)

Earthenring Farseer --the only situation I can think of where this would be a good card to play is one where you'd need to shadow step it to get out of lethal range, and if you're doing that then you're pretty much giving up on the win condition the deck is built around. If you're creature-starved in this deck, one possible replacement for this would be master of disguise, which is a 4/4 for 4 and it's battle cry gives a minion stealth, which is great for your auctioneer. Mages render stealth useless with massive aoes, but you're going to be dealing with bullshit from one class or another. Defias Ringleader is also good to have for early rush.

Both cards can be traded for sap, imo. I dunno man. Miracle rogues can be a tricky bitch.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I swapped out the sinister for a 2nd conceal. I also took your advice on the earthen ring and replaced that with a second sap. I'm much happier with the deck now but as you know, still very draw dependent. I still prefer to play handlock, warrior control, and druid on ladder at this point. They just seem more consistent.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So it's pretty much the same as my deck, except you run 2 conceals and 1 sap and I run 1 conceal and 2 saps. I see an argument for both scenarios. I just hate that the deck is completely dependent on the auctioneer. It's still fun to draw 9 cards in a turn, though.

I've been having a lot of success with my control warrior. Whirlwind with multiple mobs on the board, especially armorsmith for armor, acolyte for card draw, and auctioneer for card draw is such a powerful combo. I find my hardest matchups to be zoo if I don't get whirlwind or a brawl. Speaking of which, did you know when a brawl is cast that you can tell who is going to win because that card is always the last card to jump into the brawl?

Control warrior ranked fun:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm either hugely successful with miracle rogue or it gets blown away. There's really no middle ground with that deck. I love the deck, but if you don't get that auctioneer you will fall apart. There's nothing more annoying in the game than getting Leeroy'd 3 times with cold blood thrown in there, though.

The game plays fine on my ipad 2, which is old as hell, so maybe try redownloading?

Okay, I gave the game a whirl and realized you should have made a blizzard login before you move on from the tutorial. It works fine now. My deck is garbage.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah your deck will probably suck until you get an idea of the synergy certain cards have with one another. You're probably still unlocking basic cards, too.

The game is free to play, but I would suggest buying at least a 40 card pack bundle to get you started. You can still be very competitive with a basic card deck, but you really have to know what you're doing. I've bought 2 or 3 of the 40 card bundles (over a period of 6 months) and grinded/crafted the rest and I'm a few cards shy of a complete library.

Before you start crafting cards you may want to ask in this thread if it's worth it. Most legendaries are garbage and it's the commons/rares that will give you the biggest advantage.

EDIT -- my tag is #Soilwork1642 if you want some tips or games or whatever

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
That's intersting using auctioneer in warrior control. I may give it a try. I'm always making small adjustments to mine, but I think right now I'm running: this. Sometimes I switch out the gorehowl for a 2nd fiery war axe, or I put in a senjin shieldmaster instead of a second brawl. I experimented with korkron elites instead of frothing berserkers too but I always go back to them. yeah i noticed that about brawl after about 20 times I was like...Heyyyyyy!

Glad you got the ipad thing figured out Charlie. Yeah the starting cards are pretty garbage, but you can put together a pretty decent deck from some of the gold rewards you get early on. If you want some suggestions on key netural cards to craft first, let me know. You can't go wrong with stuff like harvest golem and defender of argus at first.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The auctioneer is just for that extra bit of card draw for when you're needing to pull a Grommash or something. It's not nearly as dependent on it as a miracle rogue deck. I have 2 fiery war axes in my deck that I treat as 3 damage spells to bait out an ooz, so I can safely cast Gorehowl later on (since very few people are running Harrison). I like frothing berserkers more in an aggro deck, but I can see how a whirlwind could buff the shit out of them if there's enough mobs on the field. My deck looks like this (with Ragnaros and Ysera as my last two unshown cards):

7iGIiUH.jpg

@EW, And cannonball is right -- Harvest Golem and Defender of Argus are great cards. In Hearthstone, most of your victories will come because of your great common and rare cards which aren't hard to pull and/or craft. Some other neutral cards (cards which can be used by all classes) that I'd add to that list are:

Abusive Sergeant
Argent Squire
Leper Gnome
Ironbeak Owl
Knife Juggler
Loot Hoarder
Acolyte of Pain
Earthenring Farseer
Injured Blademaster
Cultmaster
Dark Iron Dwarf
Twilight Drake
Azure Drake
Faceless Manipulator
Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Stampeding Kodo
Argent Commander
Sunwalker

There are must-have neutral common/rare/epic cards, imo (cannonball can chime in here). If you settle into a class you think you're going to stick with then we can start going over class-specific cards.

I believe that most legendaries are garbage, but here are some that you should strongly consider crafting if you don't pull them (neutral legendaries), in order of usefulness (imo again):

Leeroy Jenkins
Ragnaros the Firelord
Cairne Bloodhoof
Sylvanas Windrunner
Ysera
Alexstrasza
Bloodmage Thalnos

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Leper Gnome, Loot Hoarder and Knife Juggler. Absolute essentials in any Aggro deck.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
In two consecutive games last night I lost to Rogue and Warrior playing Alexstrasza at the last given opportunity. Rogue was on 1 health, Warrior was on 4.

I hate that card, probably more so because I don't have it yet.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Was great fun! I've swapped out one of the Demolishers in my Druid deck for an Owl so I'll see how that changes the dynamic of the deck. Druid is a LOT of fun but I still need to understand it better.

I'm not even bothering with my Handlock deck at the moment... I'm pathetic with it.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I hope to play some games with you guys. Challenge me anytime if you see me on.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Was great fun! I've swapped out one of the Demolishers in my Druid deck for an Owl so I'll see how that changes the dynamic of the deck. Druid is a LOT of fun but I still need to understand it better.

I'm not even bothering with my Handlock deck at the moment... I'm pathetic with it.

The demolisher is one of those cards that sounds great in theory but misses more than it hits in practice, imo (I feel the same about Questing Adventurer). I think for your Druid deck you need some way to battle high level taunts. The owl is good for stuff like Twilight Drakes (which is seen in every handlock deck) and bypassing a taunt if you have lethal damage, but I would recommend having at least one Big Game Hunter in your deck to kill off big enemies. Maybe even a Black Knight, as well --which actually works well when you Mark of the Wild an opponent's mob to kill them (since it gives it taunt). You can also combo Mark of the Wild with Big Game Hunter if they have an annoying 5/5 creature that's right out of the 7 attack range needed for BGH to kill it.

Handlock is a bit easier to play, I think. Because you want to have low life in order to get your Molten Giants out for little mana, and you're going to be life-tapping to draw cards fast, which helps Twilight Drake and Mountain Giants. The life is lost fast, and the cards are drawn fast, but you're able to shit out huge enemies and protect yourself with Sunfury Protectory and Defender of Argus. You should give it a try. You may have better luck with that. Just be careful to manage your card draws and the amount of life you're willing to sink down to. Be careful what class your opponent plays and know what they're capable of playing, and what they probably WILL play based off the cards you've seen. Alexstraza is a real good card and almost necessary, though (I think you said you didn't have that card earlier). A player can be sitting at 30 health thinking they're safe from the two 8/8 giants you have on the board, and an Alexstraza can win you the game (it can also save your ass if you're down to 2 or 3 life). I usually record 5 or 6 matches I have in a session and look back to see where I fucked up, what better plays I could've made, and/or how other people play, so you may consider doing something like that, too

I'm rambling, though. It sucks more people aren't into this game here. I love talking strategies, card synergy/combos, and possible decks. I can't wait for Naxx. I read r/hearthstone at least once a day. I'm ALWAYS down to play people, too. Just send me a message.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Naxx today get hyped. BTW I'm stuck at rank 12. Must have played 30 games now and I just hover between 1 and 4 stars at rank 12. I either really suck, or the meta is so stale that everyone is basically coin flipping every game. It sure feels like a coin flip. I don't think I play *that* bad. I'm using the standard competitive decks.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Ranked has been a nightmare lately. I'll hit 10, then go back down to 12, and then climb my way back up to 10. It seems when I hit 10 I get the shittiest card draws. Like both of my Druid's Swipes will be at the bottom of my deck (as in, when I die, I only had 4 cards left, 2 of them Swipe). Or I never pull Consecrate with my Paladin. Or the auctioneer never comes with my Rogue. Or I never see Shadowflame with my Warlock. It's such a load of bullshit RNG.

Naxx out today. Finished it in a little over an hour. Spent most of my time on Heroic Maexxna. Some real bullshit to deal with concerning her retarded hero power. If you're having any trouble, I put this video together:

Spoiler:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is it possible to have videos without shitty music and at normal speed for those of us trying to learn?

I turned the volume off.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You're better off watching a streamer if you're still learning the basics. Players like Trump steam every day (and upload videos to his youtube account) and he talks about his thought process when making plays and really explains how to get the maximum value out of each turn. The match videos I uploaded are at 3x speed because regular players are familiar with the cards and plays being made, and it turns a 9 minute video into a 3 minute one.

Check out Trump's channel here - https://www.youtube.com/user/TrumpSC

(also, since when is Neo Geo and Konami soundtracks shitty music? lol)

Here's a video with Trump and Hafu (another high level player) discussing out to play a miracle rogue deck (really good info here):

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Smashed out the first round of Naxxramas minions. Piss-easy.

Attempted the first Heroic Anub'Rekhan and he was concrete-hard. I'm assuming I will be playing these heroes for a while.

I also tried the 'class bounties' but they were super laggy. I noticed a message from Blizzard that many users were experiencing it and they were working on it. Not sure if that is a Global or Regional issue, but there was a good 7 sec delay between every play so I just bailed on it.

Looking great so far, especially these new cards. Hopefully they can break down the current meta and add a new dynamic.

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
I'm having a lot of fun with Naxx so far. I beat the first heroic boss, currently working on a deck for heroic maexxna. I don't want to look at your spoiler unless this time next week I'm still stuck haha.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I went through a backlog of games two weeks ago and thought I'd give this a try. I've been playing it pretty regularly doing dailies and trying out the arena.

Even after building a deck with an arena tier list, I've still never managed to get an arena victory. My last go I lost by one round and it was all mistakes I made trying to play with my iPad while distracted.

The new Adventure seems cool. I managed to get through the first two bosses this morning and will try the third one later.

I can't believe how addicting this game is... also it seems a lot is offered for free. I haven't spent any money yet, but have played around 30 hours.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I managed to beat anub and maexxna now on heroic, still working on a deck to beat faerlina. I'm sure there are easier strategies than what I came up with for Maexxna. I'll have to upload a screenshot of the deck I made for that when I get home later.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I love this game.
I hate this game.
I love this game.
I hate this game.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Loving the new cards. Nerubian Egg is so much fun, and rogues have a zillion ways to activate it. It also makes the other person think about doing AOEs because they don't want to activate it. It really adds to the game. Can't wait to combine it with Baron Rivendare (creatures trigger their deathrattles twice).