is Nin Nin game a trusted site?

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Hi guys,

Found this site Nin Nin game and they got Twinkle start Sprites AES on it, http://nin-nin-game.com/japanese-im...cessories/2772-twinkle-star-sprites-used.html . Its expensive as hell, BUT... I want it:) it gave me that CLICK feeling when i just need to have it. So I am thinking of working hard and saving up money for it. But here is my issue, can the site be trusted? Would any of your risk buying such expensive game from a site like this, or would you guys just stick to the forum?

Best Regards Tommy N (the riding thunder)

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I load up the site and what are the first two things I see?
The stupidly high pricing, followed immediately by the French text.

Yeah. Ok. *clicks x in corner*

I'd avoid.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Am i translating that right 129000 yen = $1259?

Yes something like that and if I remeber correctly Twinkle Star Sprites was around that price if not higher on Neo Store a couple of months ago..

Todd

Galford's Armourer
Just bought a new 250gb Xbox360 from them and had zero issue. Got the system in under a week.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I'd avoid just on general principles, buying higher end home carts from a random web store is a crap shoot. The game might be fake and seller might not even know it. Thank you Neo Ayato!

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
I placed 2 orders on that site a couple of months back (DDP Saidaioujou Super LE & Cave Shooting Collection box), both arrived super quickly. Obviously, my items didn't have any chance of being fake.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Did someone say... Nin Nin?

-

ninninhall.png

Interestingly, Capcom used the word "Nin Nin" in replacement of the word Gambling for Balrog/M.Bison's stage in SF2. Therefore, using perfectly sound, rational logic... your technically taking a gamble buying expensive AES titles from good old... "Nin Nin".

Think on...

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
They have some ridiculous priced items but I ordered about five times and never had a problem with them .

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Don't buy any expensive AES carts from them or from anyone else located in japan for that matter unless you are 100% sure they really know what they're doing. These guys are just like all the other flippers who lives in japan, they most likely have no stock and will just get out to buy the games you want only after you've paid their full asking price for it. They get them from the local stores/people which isn't what I'd call a good thing considering the french bootlegs scamming that took part there (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?232600-AES-conversions-from-Tokyo-Toy-Factory-Neo-Ayato). This is just like throwing your money to some random ebay seller listing expensive AES carts with no pics. Good luck with that.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Pretty sure the package you order is going to reach you in good condition, the question is what they will send you .
These shops are usually clueless about fakes or conversions .

These guys are best used for some retail exclusive that you can't easily get elsewhere.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
For the first time I figured I´ll try Nin Nin Game to see how things will turn up. I placed an order for Mamoru-Kun Ha Norowarete Shimatta! PS3 standard edition new for about 50€ with shipping. In a couple of days I received a refund and went back to check their site only to see they have jacked the price of the game up to 105€! Will NEVER deal with them anymore...

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
Pay by credit card - at least that way you have some comeback I guess...

Can of worms and all that - could give more problems who knows!

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
I placed 2 orders on that site a couple of months back (DDP Saidaioujou Super LE & Cave Shooting Collection box), both arrived super quickly. Obviously, my items didn't have any chance of being fake.

There was some drama not too long ago on shmups.com about Nin-Nin giving people the runaround on the Cave Shooting Collection Kan replacement DLC disc. You ever get yours?

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
I tried to order a Metal Slug 4 AES cart from them a while back. And I never received a shipping confirmation. I sent emails to them and they did not respond back until several days later. They also do not have a phone number so communication was very poor. Finally they respond telling me that they sold it already and do not have it in stock. And asked me to wait until they find another one. I said no and I got a refund back. If I were you I would stay away from them especially when buying carts that could easily be conversions. There is no excuse for lousy communication when spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars. There is a reason that Twinkle Star Sprites cart is still there. I remember seeing it and that was a year ago.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
regardless of anything else, they've got some sweet Capcom Merch for sale that I wasn't even aware existed, the Okami stuff alone is making me feel all tingly inside

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you actually tried to buy that Mag Lord, they'll just refund you and double the price. XD

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I missed this thread. Ordered from these guys a month back, will never order again. Sorry for bumping this.

Last edited: