MVS to AES converter crowdfunding

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
So the main goal is a target price of €64 per unit?
Not bad.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Is this one supposed to be better than the current options or just cheaper?

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Are there any converters at this point that can correctly run every MVS title? I remember there being games with issues on most.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are there any converters at this point that can correctly run every MVS title? I remember there being games with issues on most.

Originally it was the Daedalus ($395) but they are no longer in production so they can only be bought used at this point. Recently it has been discovered that the Magic Key (~$279) is also a highly compatible converter that has a built in Unibios feature as well as no scaling problems like the previous neoflash release. The Fusion as I remember was a collaboration between Furrtek and Kyuusaku to offer a 100% compatible converter for under 100 Euros.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
So does a contribution get me a converter or just my name as a pre-order to buy when they are done? I don't really understand the indiegogo page.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So does a contribution get me a converter or just my name as a pre-order to buy when they are done? I don't really understand the indiegogo page.

You are basically pre-ordering one at a 20% discount.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Around $85 at the current exchange rate. Not bad!

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
be nice to see a video of Last Blade 2 and other Metal slugs

Fox1

20 Year Member
30x64 = 1920, so the rest of the needed money is in donations?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

There are some mvs titles that require the backup RAM of the mvs mobo to function correctly. There is no converter that can get around this problem because the home system doesn't have this feature.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
will this redeem the French in the eyes of scammed AES collectors worldwide?

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I like such projects. This guy is only 24 years old and makes a converter for an almost 24 year old system. That's cool! :cool: I just contributed. :) Thanks for the link.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
fuck it, this guy is obviously just another Vichy puppet.. no one donate... and I'm not just saying that because I blew 400 dollars on a davidg converter and I'm worried about devaluation...

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't think so. I have followed him almost since the beginning if its project. He seems to be skilled enough to do that. Now let's see.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Thanks guys, was actually afraid of posting myself about it here seeing how French people are seen since those scam stories.
I don't want to spend time proving I'm not here to make big money (just a bit, I admit I sometimes have to eat). Neither to talk about NCI and their stupid business.
If you don't trust the project, just don't participate :)

To clear things up, Kyuusaku isn't involved in the thing anymore since some time. He helped for the design but I bet he doesn't even know about the crowdfunding thing, so if anything goes wrong, I'm the only responsible.

About compatibility, a game list will be posted in the next few days. I'll try to get a video of a few specific games running on it too.
And as it was said, the converter won't do 100% as some games rely on some specific MVS peripherials.

Also, no plastic casing, as written on the igg page.
That would have required a huge amount of cash (way more than just the electronics), and I didn't want to sacrifice/modify existing AES carts.

Last edited:

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I didn't want to sacrifice/modify existing AES carts.

james-van-der-beek-clapping-gif-dawson-b7279382-sz624x350-animate1.gif

Fox1

20 Year Member
Sigh, I'm going to try it (I'm leaving the fate of the French in your hands!). Donated for 1.

amplibax

n00b
This is fantastic. This exactly the sort of thing that works with crowd funding. Its a very niche market so fronting the money for having something like this made is risky.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Sent a contribution your way, furrtek (would've sent money towards actually getting one but I'm low on funds ATM)! I'm looking forward to having an affordable MVS converter some day!

Last edited:

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Thanks again for the new contributions, I'll do everything to not deceive.

About the goal exceeding the price of 30 converters, that's about Indiegogo's margin.
There's a few contributions exceeding the price of the converter, but I'm starting to think the goal won't be met just with donations.
If that's the case in the next 2 weeks, I'll just add more available converters and will have to give igg some of the profits... Not a big deal, making 30 or 35 converters doesn't change anything.