new june date for classics 1-5

i would be happy with mine if only the battery would maintain some kind of charge when i don't use it. if i don't play mine everyday, the battery will drain all the way then i have to turn it on and wait about 5 10 min to get some time with it and sometimes the moment has passed. i am seriously thinking about hacking it and taking the battery out completely and running it off the 3.5v or whatever it is. ALL I WANNA DO IS FLIP THE SWITCH AND PLAY! so for now, its all packed up back in the box and my cmvs is back out with my 161 in 1 cart. but it is nice to see people giving this system a little love. we all know it isn't perfect we aren't stupid, its just cool to see the old NEO back in production, even if it isn't like it used to be. and for people who think its a pile of shit, well i am not going to try to change your mind, its a flawed system that gets the job done a little sloppy but its still fun. just stop hating, its easier not to even log in and waste your life talking shit about something you don't like. go log in somewhere else and maybe learn something or contribute to the forum somehow. anywho... PEACE!

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I will get one of these Mega Packs if the price drops considerably. I bought the NeoGeo X in the first place partly because of novelty... I thought the HDMI would be good and that it would be easily hackable... :-/

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I will get one of these Mega Packs if the price drops considerably. I bought the NeoGeo X in the first place partly because of novelty... I thought the HDMI would be good and that it would be easily hackable... :-/

I'm in the same boat as you. The X dropped $100 within no time so I don't expect the pack to stay full price for long.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
You guys might have a case if it wasn't such a flaming pile of shit. Justify the price all you want, but in the end, you're getting exactly what you pay for.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I am pretty happy with mine, and the update went well. The only issue I have is the ever so slight input delay when it is running via HDMI..... I don't notice the tearing, and the sound is improved. Does everyone else sense the input lag using the joysticks? Anyone been able to resolve it?

Does your tv have a "Game Mode?" Isn't it being scaled up from 480p? Or is there lag in addition to that. I'm curious if people with hdcrts experience the lag as well. I tried mine out on game mode and didn't really notice any lag on my tv (samsung lcd running in game mode) I'll have to compare it to my cab.

im playing on an hd crt and experiencing no input lag, i was able to perfect the first level of metal slug as a test just now so that at least counts for something

im still on 337 tho

ADDGAMER

n00b
I did get exactly what I paid for. ~$180 I got 36 legal SNK ROM's published by a sub par company named TOMMO. No different than if you had bought Duke Nukem Zero, Alien Colonial Marines or the U-Draw... all big budget releases etc that tanked. Your either going to love your purchase or you are going to grow to hate it.

I had an AES system, paid allot of money for it, paid even more for my collection of 15+ games. At a point in my life where I can't dump that kind of money again for the originals.

Heck, I paid allot of money for my 1st Xbox 360... it RROD after 10 months, my 2nd one lasted 6 months (Always sold the repaired unit and bought a new one while the busted one was being repaired). it wasn't until my 6th one that it celebrated a 12 month birthday. Haters really hated the 360 but we all kept going back.

I hope Tommo gets enough support, figures things out and continues to release these mega packs... even quarterly. There is really not much they have to spend on development as all of the ROM's already exist... It is what it is. you can either have a deep wallet and pay hundreds of bucks for 1 original game, or pay for the releases as Tommo roles them out.

You guys might have a case if it wasn't such a flaming pile of shit. Justify the price all you want, but in the end, you're getting exactly what you pay for.

pipes

I must have underestimated the market for a cheaply built handheld that outputs distorted graphics and sound. I have to wonder how many of you would have bought this thing if it was not branded with SNK logos? Exactly the same shitty device except with Tommo's name all over it. Would all of you be able to to turn a blind eye to all of the numerous issues plaguing this thing the way you do now?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I must have underestimated the market for a cheaply built handheld that outputs distorted graphics and sound. I have to wonder how many of you would have bought this thing if it was not branded with SNK logos? Exactly the same shitty device except with Tommo's name all over it. Would all of you be able to to turn a blind eye to all of the numerous issues plaguing this thing the way you do now?

What issues?

Mine works great. No graphical issues. Sound issues are minimal, but sound is improved with the update, so that's non-issue to me.

So, I guess I should ask: Did you even buy one of these? Did you play one? Do you really care this much about what others enjoy?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'm curious if people with hdcrts experience the lag as well.

I haven't noticed any input lag, but there is a slight lag in the audio. I don't really notice except in the KOF games when you select your guys.

pipes

So, I guess I should ask: Did you even buy one of these? Did you play one? Do you really care this much about what others enjoy?

I am extremely proud to say I never donated any of my hard earned money to that piece of shit company. I did have the honor of borrowing one of these shit piles from a friend of mine for a couple of days however.
The reason I care so much is because I'm a fan of SNK and the Neo Geo and I think that this abomination that Tommo has unleashed does nothing but shit in the face of those two things.

mosaic

n00b
I am extremely proud to say I never donated any of my hard earned money to that piece of shit company. I did have the honor of borrowing one of these shit piles from a friend of mine for a couple of days however.
The reason I care so much is because I'm a fan of SNK and the Neo Geo and I think that this abomination that Tommo has unleashed does nothing but shit in the face of those two things.

So you show this fan appreciation by belittling the people that bought and/or like the system, and invest a not-insignificant amount of your valuable time to monitor a thread for a system you call an abomination? That seems... strange.

Personally, I don't love the Neo Geo X and I don't hate it. I owned an AES previously and while that is certainly a superior experience, I don't feel its library is strong enough to justify the current economics of ownership. For a few thousand dollars, I can have a good library of cartridges. Or, for a couple hundred, I can have the same library albeit with a few niggles, and then invest that other cash in anything else... a slate of game systems, car payments, multiple mortgage payments, etc. Now, I don't begrudge people spending their money on something they enjoy, but for me I'm always looking to get the most bang for my buck.

I've been pretty lucky though; no lag on my Samsung plasma, and I setup a display profile just for the system that fixed the red push and overscan for the most part.

ADDGAMER

n00b
as long as prices like this exist: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-AES...9180?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c6ed00b5c

There will be a Neo Geo X market for those of us that have either had an AES system years ago or want to relive the era of these games LEGALLY but can't afford to pay these premiums. Just to play the above listed game and buy a used AES system..... I'm looking at $1100 give or take to play ONE game.

It's marketing plain and simple. Tommo holds the rights, so they are making money. no different from Disney marketing the crap out of Star wars, Marvel etc... they own the properties. Only other way I can play these games is via emulation on the current systems (Wii, 360, PS3) at a price, older disc releases for other systems like PSP, PS2 etc. or I run emulation and steal the roms and run them via Mame, PSP hacks, Linux etc.

pipes

Spin it however you like - it's still junk.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
What issues?

Mine works great. No graphical issues. Sound issues are minimal, but sound is improved with the update, so that's non-issue to me.

PIPES just has it out for the X. My god all he does is hate on it. I doubt he has one. I love mine by the way and I bought the Mega Pack and I love it!!!

pipes

Not sure when you would have time since you seem to be on this board all day trolling.

Trolling? Come on now, give me some credit. I'm just trying to lend an objective opinion once in a while. You guys need to hear from someone every now and then that doesn't have that cloud of buyers remorse hanging over their head. It's fun listening to you guys trying to convince yourselves you made made a good purchase but the blinders have to come off at some point. I'm the only voice of reason you people have around here. I'm willing to take the abuse if I know that I somehow prevented even just one person from making the same mistake all of you have. I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I'm here to cast some light in this dark closet of a sub-forum. Thank you.

Also, please don't think I enjoy being here because I really don't. I actually throw up in my mouth a little everytime I enter this arm-pit of the video game universe.

This place is a shit stain on the Neo Geo. It'll take some time and a lot of scrubbing but eventually it will disappear.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Then why keep visiting this sub forum? If you don't like it, don't visit this sub forum.

You do realize that was the intent behind creating a sub forum for the Neo X, right? It wasn't made to cater to noobs and their Neo X, it was to invite people to troll. I'm not even joking.