new june date for classics 1-5

c0ldb33r

n00b
You do realize that was the intent behind creating a sub forum for the Neo X, right? It wasn't made to cater to noobs and their Neo X, it was to invite people to troll. I'm not even joking.
1. Proof that this is true?
2. Even if true it is irrelevant.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Actually, it was intended to contain all you NGX fucktards from ruining the rest of the forum.

Keeps you morons corralled in one area rather than spread all about.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

Well the original name of this section was Romwhore Island and the old banner across the top of the forum had to do with a toilet and the NGX.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!

Sorry you had to find out this way. This place really is here so you guys don't poison all of the relevant sub-forums. It has quarantined all of the emulation/hacking/fake Neo talk in one shitty place.

ADDGAMER

n00b
So the only faithful way to ever play the Neo games is on an arcade Cab or via AES / MVS hooked to a TV.... is that what I'm getting from this. IOS devices, Android, DS, Wii, 360, PS2 Xbox etc all don't count? you as a NEO "Purist" can't ever play a Neo game on anything other than official SNK hardware? Who is sorry for who? sucks to have to be so limited.... Just saying. I Owned an AES, used the sale of it and it's games to help buy a house. Now I enjoy the Neo Geo games any affordable way I can...... Legally.

pipes

So the only faithful way to ever play the Neo games is on an arcade Cab or via AES / MVS hooked to a TV.... is that what I'm getting from this. IOS devices, Android, DS, Wii, 360, PS2 Xbox etc all don't count? you as a NEO "Purist" can't ever play a Neo game on anything other than official SNK hardware? Who is sorry for who? sucks to have to be so limited.... Just saying.

No, I'm not saying that at all. The difference is that all of those other devices you mentioned are not trying to pretend they are a Neo Geo.

Also, they all do a better job of emulating Neo Geo games. The "X" could have been something good but unfortunately it was developed by the wrong company. Tommo dropped the ball in a huge way and it's something none of their shitty updates will ever fix. Sorry to say but it's the truth. That's why I'm here after all. :)

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So the only faithful way to ever play the Neo games is on an arcade Cab or via AES / MVS hooked to a TV.... is that what I'm getting from this.

That's a pretty accurate statement.

~lol at the poor people

c0ldb33r

n00b
I really don't understand why you people are so sour. Does it make your life better to be negative?

SSS

neo retired
Now I enjoy the Neo Geo games any affordable way I can...... Legally.

Then you better look elsewhere than the Neo X. The emulator contained is a hacked to pieces version of Final Burn Alpha, which in it's user agreement explicitly states not for use in commercial purposes.

The only difference between the Neo X and MAME is what software you've chosen to steal.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Also, they all do a better job of emulating Neo Geo games. The "X" could have been something good but unfortunately it was developed by the wrong company. Tommo dropped the ball in a huge way and it's something none of their shitty updates will ever fix. Sorry to say but it's the truth. That's why I'm here after all. :)

That's the unfortunate truth.

The real reason why so many are antagonistic toward the NeoGeo-X is that it COULD have been something really nice. But instead they used cheap, crappy hardware, careless, crappy emulation and just threw it out there. It's a shame. They should've done it right, with really spot-on emulation, a high quality 4:3 screen, reliable controls etc. and charged a little more for it -- would have made more money and had more community support.

Had they done things right maybe it could have been something for the Neo community to embrace -- but things were not done right.

pipes

That's the unfortunate truth.

The real reason why so many are antagonistic toward the NeoGeo-X is that it COULD have been something really nice. But instead they used cheap, crappy hardware, careless, crappy emulation and just threw it out there. It's a shame. They should've done it right, with really spot-on emulation, a high quality 4:3 screen, reliable controls etc. and charged a little more for it -- would have made more money and had more community support.

Had they done things right maybe it could have been something for the Neo community to embrace -- but things were not done right.

Amen brother.

ADDGAMER

n00b
If you guys hate the X so much, just delete this section of the forum. Easy solution right? 800 posts to warn people to stay away from the X? Man, get a life. I had my 1st AES before the majority of you were probably potty trained. Just can't afford to spend that sort of money all over again. Been there, done that, moved on. If you want to help people. consider the X as a "Gateway Drug" get them hooked then teach them the way to properly enjoy the classics. Plain and simple. Being a douche on a public forum isn't going to help your cause about spreading the word about these classics and how to preserve and enjoy them.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Being a douche on a public forum isn't going to help your cause about spreading the word about these classics and how to preserve and enjoy them.

But it does add to their post count, which gives us a new definition of a troll: a douche that relentlessly posts negative responses to add to their post count, but really has nothing to add to their 'cause'.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If you guys hate the X so much, just delete this section of the forum. Easy solution right?

If this gets deleted, you fools would spread all over the forum and nobody wants to see your emubox-related shit elsewhere.

Consider this your own personal ghetto.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I'm having trouble keeping up with all of evolveeofagormiamius fake accounts

pipes

If you guys hate the X so much, just delete this section of the forum. Easy solution right? 800 posts to warn people to stay away from the X? Man, get a life. I had my 1st AES before the majority of you were probably potty trained. Just can't afford to spend that sort of money all over again. Been there, done that, moved on. If you want to help people. consider the X as a "Gateway Drug" get them hooked then teach them the way to properly enjoy the classics. Plain and simple. Being a douche on a public forum isn't going to help your cause about spreading the word about these classics and how to preserve and enjoy them.

I can sense the pain in the tone of your post. The buyers remorse is certainly setting in now. You're undoubtedly frustrated and angry for being duped into a shitty purchase so I'm not going to hold any of that against you. I'm on your side believe it or not. One day you will thank me and want to be friends. You will ask to come over to play Neo Geo games on real hardware and I'll tell you to fuck off in a joking way but not really. We will laugh and all will be forgotten. Sit tight, you're almost there.

But it does add to their post count, which gives us a new definition of a troll: a douche that relentlessly posts negative responses to add to their post count, but really has nothing to add to their 'cause'.

Hate to tell you, but the joke is on you guys. This forum is here to quarantine the virus known as the Neo X. It is a place for X owners to be ridiculed, a place where trolling is encouraged.

Ask yourself why I haven't been banned yet. Why is pipes allowed to continue his campaign day after day, post after post without so much as a slap on the wrist? Think about it.

Surprise! This sub-forum is a joke and I'm just here to keep it rolling. See, after I hit up all the relevant sub-forums on this site, I come back here to have a laugh at your expense. Sorry to have to break it to you this way. Keep your chin up boys.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I can sense the pain in the tone of your post. The buyers remorse is certainly setting in now. You're undoubtedly frustrated and angry for being duped into a shitty purchase so I'm not going to hold any of that against you. I'm on your side believe it or not. One day you will thank me and want to be friends. You will ask to come over to play Neo Geo games on real hardware and I'll tell you to fuck off in a joking way but not really. We will laugh and all will be forgotten. Sit tight, you're almost there.

See, after I hit up all the relevant sub-forums on this site, I come back here to have a laugh at your expense. Sorry to have to break it to you this way. Keep your chin up boys.

:D Pipes, I think you should know your hilarious Emperor Palpatine-like taunting is actually the reason I keep coming back in here, and I mean that completely un-ironically! Sure, I do own an X (I was an over excited launch-getter. Lesson learned.) But you know what a month or so of NGX playing did for me? Forced me to take the plunge into an AES. The difference is like 3rd gen copy pirated VHS to collectors edition Blu Ray. So I can thank it for making me do that, and showing me games I'd never played, and subsequently bought either homecarts or MVS carts for. Best choice I ever made. Why else do you think I'm always smiling and never bothered, here? ;) I just can't be arsed to be unhappy about my X when my homecarts are within reach.

ADDGAMER

n00b
Bingo, right there. it's a gateway drug for those that really had no idea what existed so many years ago... or just plain forgot.

pipes

Bingo, right there. it's a gateway drug for those that really had no idea what existed so many years ago... or just plain forgot.

The Neo Geo X = A stepping stone for better gaming? I can see that.

I also see your average gamer strolling through their local dollar store half-off bin and picking one up. Then taking it home and being severely underwhelmed and feeling like they're just not getting what they paid for. Thinking to themselves - "man I wonder what this must be like with crisp, clear sound. Imagine if the colors weren't muted and bleeding all over the place. There must be a way to play these games without the screen tearing too? Fuck....hold on....let me try that system I bought 20 years ago that been sitting in my attic..."

I think we all know how the story ends.

Thank you Tommo for inadvertently bringing back the real Neo Geo.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
gators-graduation-applause-brdqwhrgfqjfjbjjf.gif

The Neo Geo X = A stepping stone for better gaming? I can see that.

I also see your average gamer strolling through their local dollar store half-off bin and picking one up. Then taking it home and being severely underwhelmed and feeling like they're just not getting what they paid for. Thinking to themselves - "man I wonder what this must be like with crisp, clear sound. Imagine if the colors weren't muted and bleeding all over the place. There must be a way to play these games without the screen tearing too? Fuck....hold on....let me try that system I bought 20 years ago that been sitting in my attic..."

I think we all know how the story ends.

Thank you Tommo for inadvertently bringing back the real Neo Geo.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
For anyone maybe holding out on putting the update through. I have a v370 and just got my mega pack in today. The update went through to v500 on the first try. Going to give it some play time now.