Post Your Recent Purchases!

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
that sucks :(

I solute you for having the balls to get a big CRT shipped.

Theres no issue with shipping a CRT as long as its done via Fedex. Don't trust UPS with them, I have yet to get one undamaged through them. Fedex has not only delivered every CRT to me without damage but the boxes looked as if they were treated with care and did not have things stacked on them.

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Since I recently joined I'm going to play catch up a bit. I picked up my 2 slot last fall. Newest addition is Metal Slug 4 kit. NeoGeoCab.jpg NeoGeoPickup.jpg

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Got around to processing more stuff from my mega haul from Japan a while back. Decided to tackle famicom related stuff I could find in the shipping boxes. Here are some of them. Lots more famicom goodness to come!

Got another boxed fami twin. This time the AN-500R. Also a Disk Writer fami diskette storage unit, mini Super Mario Bros boardgame, Famicom gun & holster, Tokyo Game Show Nintendo Sign and accompanying Gold Mario statue and fami Robot setup.

FamiMega_Small_1_zps7b233e85.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_2_zps3876325f.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_3_zps69b62aab.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_4_zps516375b7.jpg~original

The proper way to store your diskettes!

FamiMega_Small_6_zps46092211.jpg~original

Last but not least some SEGA love... Segata Sanshiro 12" figure and poster. Lots more SEGA love to come too

a3625693-08eb-4b2c-bd07-fabd20f04df5_zpsd69e9c9d.jpg~original

Segata_Small_2_zps9adca30c.jpg~original

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Open a museum Jules... that storage unit of yours must be busting at the seams. ;)

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Lol, my "storage unit" is the first house I bought. Helps to own a couple homes in the States and abroad :lolz:

Ballin' I can only afford one home in CA. ;)

I could've sworn you had storage units... could've been your way of flying under the radar. Wouldn't mind seeing pics of that Nintendo revolver out of box too.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I guess when I mentioned "storage units" in the past most people assumed something like a Public Storage locker or something.

I've had a loose one for years. Finally found a boxed one in good condition for a good price.

Here's my old loose one

main.php

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I guess when I mentioned "storage units" in the past most people assumed something like a Public Storage locker or something.

Yes, silly me... what was I thinking. ;)

HAHA! no wonder they ended up coloring them Orange, looks shockingly real

Yeah, that's why I wanted to take a peek. I couldn't remember if it had an orange insert in the tip of the barrel. Love that gun.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Got around to processing more stuff from my mega haul from Japan a while back. Decided to tackle famicom related stuff I could find in the shipping boxes. Here are some of them. Lots more famicom goodness to come!

Got another boxed fami twin. This time the AN-500R. Also a Disk Writer fami diskette storage unit, mini Super Mario Bros boardgame, Famicom gun & holster, Tokyo Game Show Nintendo Sign and accompanying Gold Mario statue and fami Robot setup.

FamiMega_Small_1_zps7b233e85.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_2_zps3876325f.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_3_zps69b62aab.jpg~original

FamiMega_Small_4_zps516375b7.jpg~original

The proper way to store your diskettes!

FamiMega_Small_6_zps46092211.jpg~original

Last but not least some SEGA love... Segata Sanshiro 12" figure and poster. Lots more SEGA love to come too

a3625693-08eb-4b2c-bd07-fabd20f04df5_zpsd69e9c9d.jpg~original

Segata_Small_2_zps9adca30c.jpg~original

That is a mighty haul sir. The classic Fami R.O.B. and Zapper are smooth. Plus that gold Mario is awesome as hell. I really like that model Fami Disk writer. I always wanted to see a real one in person.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
More new paper

RaidenAcesPoster_Small_zps36b746d9.jpg~original

StriderPS3Poster_Small_zps4812c7fb.jpg~original

Macross Chronicle

MacrossChron_Small_1_zps8d85c318.jpg~original

Macross Laserdisc game

MacrossLD_Game_Small_1_zpse9c39b15.jpg~original

MacrossMovieLD2_Small_zps17fef7c8.jpg~original

Very, very rare Ninja Gaiden OVA Laserdisc

NinjaGaidenLD_Small_zps184f4afb.jpg~original

R-Type mini-laserdisc

RTypeLD_Small_zps40e356a5.jpg~original

VampireHunterLD_Small_zpsb676c28e.jpg~original

Some boardgames... F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country and Bomberman (B-Daman)

FZero_Small_zps74f94d1c.jpg~original

DonkeyKong_Small_zps3731ee9c.jpg~original

BombermanBoardgame_Small_zpsa6dfa0c6.jpg~original

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Oh man that Macross stuff... soooo jelly.
What is that laser disk game like?

Hmm.. it's almost like a video "choose your own adventure" type game. Would have been awesome if was more of a Dragon's Lair type game...

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
I am assuming those are the manual scart switch and not the automatic. Apparently the automatic version has issues with some issues with some game consoles. Some consoles have non-standard scart set ups.
I got the same scart switch, it works great for me. My only complaint is the plasticy construction and the light weight.
But its performance is on par with the Hama 3 way selectors.

DonBurgundy

NEST Puppet
@StealthLurker Nice pick up! I'm downloading that Ninja Gaiden movie now to see what its all about.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am assuming those are the manual scart switch and not the automatic. Apparently the automatic version has issues with some issues with some game consoles. Some consoles have non-standard scart set ups.
I got the same scart switch, it works great for me. My only complaint is the plasticy construction and the light weight.
But its performance is on par with the Hama 3 way selectors.

Yeah, these are the manual ones. I too have read issues with the automatic powered ones. So far it's been great. Snug Scart socket, interference free video and no buzzing humming in the audio. Zero issues.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Hmm.. it's almost like a video "choose your own adventure" type game. Would have been awesome if was more of a Dragon's Lair type game...

Oh man yeah, that would have been amazing, I've always been a big fan of dragon's lair, and I adore macross.
What about Macross Chronicle? Would you say it's worth grabbing for someone who doesn't read japanese? If there's sufficient amounts of art I may need to get a copy.

Btw has anyone here played the Banpresto Macross Shmup? Is that any good?

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
where does he got all those wonderful toys?

More new paper

RaidenAcesPoster_Small_zps36b746d9.jpg~original

StriderPS3Poster_Small_zps4812c7fb.jpg~original

Macross Chronicle

MacrossChron_Small_1_zps8d85c318.jpg~original

Macross Laserdisc game

MacrossLD_Game_Small_1_zpse9c39b15.jpg~original

MacrossMovieLD2_Small_zps17fef7c8.jpg~original

Very, very rare Ninja Gaiden OVA Laserdisc

NinjaGaidenLD_Small_zps184f4afb.jpg~original

R-Type mini-laserdisc

RTypeLD_Small_zps40e356a5.jpg~original

VampireHunterLD_Small_zpsb676c28e.jpg~original

Some boardgames... F-Zero, Donkey Kong Country and Bomberman (B-Daman)

FZero_Small_zps74f94d1c.jpg~original

DonkeyKong_Small_zps3731ee9c.jpg~original

BombermanBoardgame_Small_zpsa6dfa0c6.jpg~original