Post Your Recent Purchases!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yeah I just wanted to come back and say, since I didn't get to say it before, that Neo 25 is dang sexy.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
attachment.php

YAY! A Chinese clone done right!

how is the overall feel of this? i'm actually kinda keen to grab one

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Surprisingly good. It feels like a really good third party controller. Not quite up to the quality standards of the og brick, but more comfortable than the real GB color.

Downsides: the lcd screen isn't quite the same resolution as a real gbc, so you see some weird effects once in a while. Mine also has a stuck pixel. I'll take the trade though. The screen is a touch wider than it should be, but I don't really notice that things are stretched.

The built in speaker also plays only the right channel instead of mixing the audio into mono. Headphones are fine. The audio though headphones is better than the gbc but not as good as the mighty brick.

The finish of the system is a bit better than most clones, but you won't mistake it for a real Nintendo system.

Overall I'm super happy the $30 was much better spent on this than the $60 I spent on getting the gbc modded.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Anyone remember that 3 season porch copy of Garou MOTW AES? Yeah, I bought it... I couldn't resist. I think this is the "worst condition" copy in existence. Fake insert, manual and label, real cart shell and boards. It's a great gamer copy, couldn't be happier. Let the insertion marks begin!

DSC07717.jpg

DSC07715.jpg

part of the original label the seller included
DSC07714.jpg

DSC07705.jpg

DSC07706.jpg

DSC07707.jpg

DSC07708.jpg

Boards are wave soldered and still have that sticky anti-corrosion stuff on them.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Umm, no, I don't think it's flux. SNK coated their boards to protect against corrosion. Conversions usually have some of it burnt away.

Rori

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm still Small-time but I just got my KoF '94, overnight from Japan (jdm tyte yo), in the mail today! I told myself I wouldn't become an AEShole when I joined, and i'd be just buying loose carts, but now the bug has got me and now I gotta rebuy all the loose-cart games in complete order now! Ugh! Good thing I didn't get too deep before I made that realization...

dPseu9pl.jpg

I'm pretty psyched with my humble collection. Even though the Neo Geo is all about the fighters, I think my collection is getting a bit too crowded with them. I like having a diverse collection but its hard to not have that environmental bias haha

although the gap between 94 and 97 is bothering me... just two titles to close it... hmmm...

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
It was $400, I'm happy with that. It's hard finding this game for any price under $700, it's just too in demand.

Hit-Japan has one with a horribly faded insert, no manual and original label for $580, I didn't feel either of those were worth an extra $180. The snaplock case on my copy is in really, really nice shape too.

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
It was $400, I'm happy with that. It's hard finding this game for any price under $700, it's just too in demand.

Hit-Japan has one with a horribly faded insert, no manual and original label for $580, I didn't feel either of those were worth an extra $180. The snaplock case on my copy is in really, really nice shape too.

Has this game gone up in value that much? I hooked Gumdrops up with a dude on here that sold him a nice & legit JP MOTW for ~$500 less than a year ago. I've seen some pretty loco prices on the bay lately but I hardly use that as a gauge for value any more.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I haven't seen particularly cheap copies of it around here either. Prices are just going up.

I bought that copy for playing, not looking. Repro papers mean I can wear it out all I like.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I haven't seen particularly cheap copies of it around here either. Prices are just going up.

I bought that copy for playing, not looking. Repro papers mean I can wear it out all I like.

Yeah, play the shit out of it. Good times, rub your balls on it if you want. What you paid just seemed a bit steep but then again, I'm kinda out of touch with MOTW "values".

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Ah, forgot about that. I dunno though, that line is really hard to make out.

The animation in MOTW is still damned impressive and it's pretty much 15 years old now.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I got my second 20L5 in today and began building my RGB tower of power

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Pretty decent price.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Nice skips... looks like the delivery went well today.

Negative, UPS mishandled this package too and the bezel is broken in one corner. The seller is going to try and find a non broken bezel from his parts bin. UPS is total shit for shipping PVM's. They stacked boxes on top of it and maybe dropped something on it. The seller also had UPS package it. UPS only put 1.5 wraps of bubble wrap around it then filled the rest with packaging peanuts. PVM's are to heavy to package like that and whatever they dropped on the box smashed the plastic bezel in the corner.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
that sucks :(

I solute you for having the balls to get a big CRT shipped.