Post Your Recent Purchases!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

S8AeQfU.jpg

That Fatal Fury Special for Sega Cd doesn't come cheap, I'm curious on how it compares to the AES and MVS version.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
That Fatal Fury Special for Sega Cd doesn't come cheap, I'm curious on how it compares to the AES and MVS version.

The game looks like shit but it plays OK. If I had to choose, I'd go with the PC Engine version over the Sega CD one.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Yeah it does play decently. But not 100% like the neo versions. It's not worth the price tag it's getting on eBay. It's more of a $10-$15 game.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Yeah it does play decently. But not 100% like the neo versions. It's not worth the price tag it's getting on eBay. It's more of a $10-$15 game.

I've been curious about it but just like you said not for those prices. Is Samurai Shodown just as bad price wise? I have to check eBay. Still, much love for Sega cd, and congrats on the sweet scoops!

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I don't think it should "boil down to what you played back in the day".

Consciously indulging in nostalgia is fine. I do it from time to time.

But I think a lot of people use it as a crutch or an excuse to not look beyond what they know, because, they're comfortable liking what they know...and they just don't really care that much.

I'm not saying you haven't played much of the action/shooting/beat 'em ups on the SNES, but like, I'm always like "hmmmm what do you mean?" when people are like "Well the snes only good for Nintendo and RPGS....gunstar heroes rullzzzz".

I'm like "yeah....ok"

You know?

I can understand your points but, the games systems, tv shows, sports team i grew up getting attatched to "back in the day" are the ones that are ingrained in me and are my favourites and yes a copious amount of nostalgia is involved.
I'm far from being a blinkered sega fanboy though (although i will admit to being one) and like i said my second favourite console of all time is the snes and certainly not for the jrpg's.
It's got a fantastic library of games, i just like the MD equivalents more, i'm not one for dissecting a game apart like some michelin restaurant critic, i'm a simple man and if i like a game, meh, i like it, it's as simple as that.
What's wrong with gunstar heroes lol, it's a fantastic run and gun game that's why peeps mention it, better than contra hard corps, but not as good as alien soldier or mega turrican IMO.
TBH if i did a list here of my top 5 brawlers, run and guns, action/platformers and shooters on the 2 systems i'd really not struggle to pick 5 stand out games on both systems in all the genres i've mentioned, but i still rather the MD equivalents lol.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Last I checked samurai shodown on the Sega cd was averaging 60-70. I have the complete case and manual
But no disc! Yard sales are sometimes hit and miss like that.

But it does play great on the Sega cd. Much better than fatal fury on the Sega cd.

Also thanks! I was stoked to find this lot. I had to pass on some other stuff. Only had so much cash with me

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Last I checked samurai shodown on the Sega cd was averaging 60-70. I have the complete case and manual
But no disc! Yard sales are sometimes hit and miss like that.

But it does play great on the Sega cd. Much better than fatal fury on the Sega cd.

Also thanks! I was stoked to find this lot. I had to pass on some other stuff. Only had so much cash with me

You must live in a pristine gaming wilderness, almost untouched by resellers and hoarders.

Nice scoops man, congrats! :D

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
I've learned my lesson about saying what I paid. Most think I lie just to start shit or get attention. Either way. I paid the guys asking price and got away quick before he changed his mind.

P.S he had tons of fillers. Even magic knight Ray earth. Which I left behind since I owned it already. I bought some fillers but left them out to keep the picture somewhat epic.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

S8AeQfU.jpg

Wow that's some haul, congrat's.
I gotta agree with you about snatcher, i've played it a few times over the years and really tried to get into it, but ughh not for me.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Got a surprise early birthday gift from ChuChu today. Final Fight's a pretty fun game, going to have to practice up and try to and 1cc it with him sometime.

EVXs58U.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Got a surprise early birthday gift from ChuChu today. Final Fight's a pretty fun game, going to have to practice up and try to and 1cc it with him sometime.

EVXs58U.jpg

Wait, wasn't ChuChu looking for a Final Fight Board.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Yes, but if you notice the foil stickers on the EPROMs they are not mint, therefore this has no place in Chuchu's collection.

Hilarious, but I thought he was looking for one withe cps case intact, that might be the difference

EDIT: nevermind, I have no idea what I'm talking about, I just remembered him turning down a Punisher since it didn't have the plastic shell so I assumed since Final Fight runs on the same hardware it also came with a case, TL;DR I'm a fucking idiot

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yes, but if you notice the foil stickers on the EPROMs they are not mint, therefore this has no place in Chuchu's collection.

That's some queer shit for sure lol. I would like to know the reason why he didn't want that board. He's probably going to say some dumb shit like the board is slightly warped a few degrees.

Hilarious, but I thought he was looking for one withe cps case intact, that might be the difference

EDIT: nevermind, I have no idea what I'm talking about, I just remembered him turning down a Punisher since it didn't have the plastic shell so I assumed since Final Fight runs on the same hardware it also came with a case, TL;DR I'm a fucking idiot

All good bro. Yea, I don't recall FF coming with a shell. I think all the dash games do and a very few cps1 boards. Would have been nice if they all had a shell.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Wait, wasn't ChuChu looking for a Final Fight Board.

Well bought the one from KLOV and then Joecommando offered me one for an awesome price and packaged it with a ST-v Mobo + 2 legit games. Decided to get JarofMayo an early birthday present.

IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG

Took the board apart as well to clean since it had unstable dust. The A-board wasn't too bad except at the ends. Here is what it looked like before.
Spoiler:
IMG_3421.jpg

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Not very exciting, but at least I can play the PS2 Alpha Anthology I recently bought with proper controls.

Last edited: