Post Your Recent Purchases!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've heard soleil has a better translation but i'm fine with the u.s version.

I agree with the web consensus, namely that both translations are flawed, though the British one is more accurate, mostly in regards to characters names. But instead of translating Ragnacenty twice, they should've render King Colossus or Brave Prove for us gaijins.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I agree with the web consensus, namely that both translations are flawed, though the British one is more accurate, mostly in regards to characters names. But instead of translating Ragnacenty twice, they should've render King Colossus or Brave Prove for us gaijins.
I didn't know the difference for each of the game region.I think i have the british version on the everdrive but i never took the time to compare it's localization.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I didn't know the difference for each of the game region.I think i have the british version on the everdrive but i never took the time to compare it's localization.

It's nothing serious, but you can decide for yourself: Here's the script for the British version and here's the one for the American, courtesy of GameFAQs.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
This might be the most bizarre and craziest statement I have ever seen posted on this decrepit site.

Yea, if you're gay.

Lol. Those f... fanboys.
I've played both as the 90's and I can tell every console had theirs advantage, but overall I preferred the Sega Genesis. It had most games more adult, less censored and faster. However no one can say this or that was better, only their preference.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Lol. Those f... fanboys.
I've played both as the 90's and I can tell every console had theirs advantage, but overall I preferred the Sega Genesis. It had most games more adult, less censored and faster. However no one can say this or that was better, only their preference.

I can say and the Genesis is better --for many of the reasons you stated.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Lol. Those f... fanboys.

I just think it's a matter of preference. If you grew up playing the Genny like me then you tend to lean towards the Genny. Similar thing if you grew up playing the Snes.

After playing alot of excellent games on the Snes and SFC in the last 10 years, I still prefer the Genny. I also don't like Rpg's so that eliminates like 30% of the Snes library.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
They both were great so there's no reason not to have both. Personally, I owned a Genny bitd.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm partial to SNES 'cause I grew up with it and I didn't know much about video games other than Nintendo and Atari at the time but when I had an opportunity to check out the Genny I was floored, specially with Sonic, I got to play a very limited library but all the games were awesome...Revenge of Shinobi, powerball, Streets of Rage 2, you know, the usual suspects. It wasn't until much later that I finally got one and I got to play more games, but even then my Genesis experience is limited compared to most of my friends.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I've owned a snes and an MD since the early 90's, they are both fantastic consoles, but being a shooter fan there's only one winner for me.
MD rules the roost when it comes to brawlers, run and guns and action/platformers as well.
Not a fan of JRPG's at all so like RAZ_HOE! say's that cut's out 30% of the snes "classics".

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I couldn't care less for JRPGs, I still side with the SNES, while growing up with it I never bothered with those type of games, just not my thing. There are plenty of great SNES games without them JRPGs.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
MD rules the roost when it comes to brawlers, run and guns and action/platformers as well.
Not a fan of JRPG's at all so like RAZ_HOE! say's that cut's out 30% of the snes "classics".

I disagree.

Also, classics, shmasics.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Here is my thing, Death Duel ain't coming out on SNES and face buttons > shoulder buttons.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Yeah Neil from the Old Made New FB group did a fantastic job on the Coleco tabletop. Definitely would like another one from him, maybe with a vert screen.

Just got another original DMG Gameboy with Raspberry Pi3. This time with a much higher quality screen and a button configuration more suited to vs fighting games.

20228513_1955909961333069_3085840516340415251_n_zps2qvtmadi.jpg~original

20156032_1955910004666398_1040633602885054279_n_zpsbfgnhhiq.jpg~original

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I think a lot of it all boils down to what you played back in the day, i like a hell of a lot of the snes games, i just like the MD games more.
Just personal opinion that's all.
Snes was a great console, my second favourite after the MD.
Streets of rage 2, gunstar heroes, alien soldier, shinobi III, are the usual suspect's and they beat they're snes equivalents IMO.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Once upon a time when you could buy or only get one as a present, I defended my choice too. Now I'd rather have someone talk about a forgotten, unappreciated, diamond in the rough and argue about that game.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Neo Bomberman Cart.JPG

I think this is the most mint MVS game I've seen outside of a kit box. Thanks again, busted.

I think this is the most mint MVS game I've seen outside of a kit box. Thanks again, busted.

It's Neo Bomberman for those who can't tell. In my experience it's pretty common to find mint labels on Japanese titles. More so than English ones anyway.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I've been eyeing those Gimmick and other shirts, but my experiences with Japanese t-shirts usually ends in sadness with my belly hanging out. :(

I did however pick up a Steel Battalion set recently.

8020029786898f358e55fdaa6e9a335e.jpg

Always wanted to try this one so I couldn't resist. Now I just need to figure out the logistics of setting up this thing.

Now thats a great score. I love steel battalion. A buddy and I like to get drunk and play. Still my favorite controller ever made.

On the subject of sega vs. snes again, it comes down to what you owned as a kid. I played Genesis for my beat em ups and shooters and stuck to my snes for jrpgs. I loved them both.