NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

better than spending 90 bux for the 'honor' of getting a fuckin firmware update imo

this is my $20 effort to get some utility out of the thing. the controllers are nice and i got the whole thing for under a hundred, but if i had paid $200 (or did it launch at $250?) for this thing i woulda been preeeeeeeeetty pissed

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Well it looks to be pretty easy (if you have a modded SD card) to just load your own ROMs, but has anyone figured out how to tweak the built in SD card to improve the video out and what not?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Maybe, but it's garbage, why would you want to do that?

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Can NeoGeo X‘ s Joystick use for PC?

Yes, they work fine with PC and PS3 (and probably most devices with standard USB).

I think they work very well to be honest. I've used real Neo-Geo sticks since 1990 and find the Neo-Geo X stick to be a decent replica.
I've used it quite a bit with Neo-Geo Station on the PS3 and they are even mapped perfectly by default.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Clearly you aren't running officially licensed Neo•Geo® X™ Game Packs - You never know what can happen to your Neo•Geo® X™ handheld when you run questionable content. You can read more about this on the Tommo website, or just give them a call. They would love to help you with finding officially licensed Neo•Geo® X™ Game Packs.

Actually you have a better chance of BRICKING your Neo•Geo® x by running the official firmware via the "Super Duper ROcket Cable®", but I suggest you Pirate® your ROMZ.
Come on and brick it.. All the cool Big Tymers®™ are doing it®.

Johannsson

n00b
Somebody has brushed machine for PS1、GBA、FC、SFC、MD、SMS games

安裝Dingux步驟(Windows XP系統)
1. 下載JZ4770燒錄工具(Windows版)
2. 下載Dingux_v1.1.0_20130824(v370適用)
3. 將Neo Geo X掌機關機
4. 按住Neo Geo X掌機的Start按鈕並透過Micro USB插入電腦
5. 安裝驅動程式(位於JZ4770燒錄工具檔案中)
gameconsole_snk_neogeox_install_dingux_system_nand_flash_1.jpg

6. 執行USBbootTool.exe並設定成如下圖狀態(選好後,記得uboot.bin最後才選擇)
gameconsole_snk_neogeox_install_dingux_system_nand_flash_2.jpg

7. 準備一張4GB SDcard(破解卡)並格式化成FAT32系統(系統FAT32、叢集16KB、磁碟標籤USB)
8. 下載遊戲檔案(20130824)並解壓縮到該SDCard根目錄
9. 將使用者想玩的遊戲複製到對應的遊戲目錄下
10. 將SDCard插入Neo Geo X掌機並開機進入Dingux系統

司徒僅會保留最新版的刷機檔案,因此,若有需要備份的玩家,請自行備份舊版刷機檔案!
更新列表
Dingux v1.1.0(20130824)
1. 補強中文化問題
2. 修復PS1模擬器進入主畫面的問題
3. 新增NeoGeoX FBA模擬器(正常版)
4. 新增NeoGeoX FBA模擬器(高清版)
Dingux v1.0.0(20130824) 1. 支援PS1、GBA、FC、SFC、MD、SMS模擬器
遊戲檔案(20130824) 1. 增加PS1、GBA、FC、SFC、MD、SMS模擬器

Johannsson

n00b
刚从TW的STEWARD同志的网站看到他用UART查到的机器硬件信息,看来WIKI上面的说法是错误的,这部机器的内存是256MB,而并非WIKI所说的128MB。看来系统性能还有很大的提升空间啊。

按照TW的STEWARD同志的教学,把卡座跳线换成TF-SD卡套的跳线,找了一位修手机的朋友弄了一下,成功从SD卡运行其它的NEOGEO游戏,并换上了UNIBIOS。

有兴趣的朋友可以到这里看看。

上照片:
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

下午无聊弄了个小程序,免了一个一个游戏找对应图片的麻烦,也免了一个一个拷贝改名字的麻烦,有需要的朋友就拿来用吧。

PS:我不是专业的程序员,程序是VB写的,需要VB的运行库支持。也没有怎么调试,不负责任何后果!界面都是简单的英文,因为我的VB的中文兼容有点问题,请见谅。另外有什么使用问题也欢迎提出。

程序界面:

程序原理很简单,就是选定你放置FBA文件的目录和放置PNG图片的目录(MAME的TITLE文件包里面的文件一般都适用),程序会自动扫描FBA文件对应的PNG文件(同名),扫描到的列表中就会打勾(当然你可以使用程序把对应的PNG文件都拷贝到FBA ROMS存放的目录下方便管理)。打勾的文件都可以添加到待复制列表中。执行复制命令的话程序会按照列表顺序,把文件复制到目标目录(Dest)中,同时改名为符合命名标准的文件名(如game1.fba、game1.png)。右下是设定ROM数量的限制,个人测试的结果好象是限制了50个,超过了都无法进入SD卡游戏界面。

当然,最后看拷贝了多少游戏,还是要手动修改game_card_configure.conf文件更新游戏数字(估计是LINUX标准的文件,建议使用如NOTEPAD++的文本编辑工具编辑保存,就是修改最后一行的数字就可以了,这个文件有需要的朋友可以PM我,或者其他有的朋友也欢迎分享,我是因为答应过提供给我的人,无法公开分享这个文件,请见谅)。

程序:(如果已经下载过一个15.53 KB的RAR附件,那是旧的版本,有错的,可以下载这里的这个更新。)

运行提示缺COMCT232.OCX控件的,请下载这个附件,把里面的COMCT232.OCX拷贝到系统的SYSTEM32目录下,在开始-》运行处执行
regsvr32 COMCT232.OCX
就可以了。

鉴于有不少朋友还在找转换FBA的工具和UNIBIOS,我把整套打包了,解压后把NEOGEO的游戏ROM放到ROMS目录下,然后执行那批处理文件就可以全部转换成带UNIBIOS(v.3.0已经是最新的公开版的)的FBA文件了。
需要的朋友下载吧。

Hello Neo-Geo fans!

Has anyone tried this?
http://home.educities.edu.tw/fushiy..._neogeox_install_dingux_system_nand_flash.htm

I don't understand if this tutorial it's for installing Dingux on the flash memory of the console, or is just modifying the boot sequence to allow booting from SD-Card1...

Thanks!

This is a tutorial that instructs you how to install a dingoo os on a model 370. It works, for the 370 only to my knowledge. Ive done this mod and it works. Although, the HDMI firmware mod is better, but its only for the 337 (with the internal micro sd).