WTB: Sega Keyboard Control Panel

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Makes h, loegan, et al.. I hope we find out who this is and nail the to the wall. Kaph is the antithesis of a scanner.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
From what I know now, I can say with near certainty it's not arcade game. I have an idea who it is and will post the factual evidence pointing to my likely suspect tomorrow.

I'd also like to add that I've had a couple deals with Chris (Kaph33n) and can say that he's 100% awesome sauce and a great guy to deal with.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
and the plot thickens...

I copied and pasted the name exactly how the seller told me it. sounds like a framing to me so far, but the truth will come out tomorrow.

stealing a cab out from under someone is shady but not unforgivable. slandering someone and/or framing a neo member is not. To whomever haracio is, I hope he gets banned! Or at least embarrassed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

loegan43

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
I'd vote for banning at this point.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Grimy stuff in here, real low slandering someone like that. Even if this person wound up buying it, its such a unique machine and a small community, we'd know who it went to. I don't see what the optimal endgame was there... Sit alone in room and play typing games?

Sent from my TMI Toilet using Crapatalk

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Also, I just want to say I really appreciate all the support I've received from the neo community on this one. Looks like my history of non-scamming is what actually helped me to get this cab. It's true this hobby/community is so small that we do end up all doing business with one another eventually. You see the same names/handles time after time. One of the reasons I buy/sell on neo before other sites is just for reasons like this. The people here generally are the best, barring a few outliers.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
arcade game is an ace.

He & I are in the midst of a deal DIRECTLY done out of the kindness of his heart, for our community.

This framing nonsense, is well; nonsense.

Over some typing? Fuckin' paralegal court reporter trifling ass Arcading?

Shoulda at least saved the frame up, for the Phoenix Wright Ltd Ed.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Kaph, I'm glad with loegan's help the deal is going through despite such a shitty hiccup. I've seen the lupin typing in person but I never got to play it. I'm a big typing of the dead fan tho. I've been contemplating having bigtime make me a ToTD blast marquee, running the dc in the blast, then laying a dc keyboard on an unpopulated cp and giving myself a "ghetto" ToTD dedicated cab lol.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Kaph, I'm glad with loegan's help the deal is going through despite such a shitty hiccup. I've seen the lupin typing in person but I never got to play it. I'm a big typing of the dead fan tho. I've been contemplating having bigtime make me a ToTD blast marquee, running the dc in the blast, then laying a dc keyboard on an unpopulated cp and giving myself a "ghetto" ToTD dedicated cab lol.

Yeah, I'm stoked to get this thing. I recently won a ToTD on YAJ so when this showed up I got really excited. If this didn't come through I was going to do just that with a spare panel I have. But still with a Naomi of course. I still might replace the keybs with DC ones if they are too grimey. Would prefer original everything though.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Not that my opinion is worth much, but I have to say - Horacio / arcade game is a stand-up guy and my gut reaction is there's no way he was the one that contacted the seller.

Glad to see the community coming together and supporting all the right people. I'll be really curious to see who ACTUALLY tried to manipulate this cab out from under Kaph.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What a shitty move. Glad loegan jumped in and snagged the cab for you.

I just recently picked up a Virtua Tennis Uni from my old boss. Only reason I even shared the info was because another person could even try throwing larger sums of cash at him and he would deny them all. A deal is a deal.

Ebay, CL, or any other unknown seller products just need to be silent if you want to purchase them. I've seen too many incidents like this on more of the Golden Era cabs and harder to find popular pins. It just turns into a massive backstabbing war.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As any of you guys who have met me know, I'm pretty new in the community. The whole thing of calling KaPH33n a scammer is hilarious though. A few of you might know / remember that I bought a project cab off him (Thanks to Loegan43 for helping get me one of the main missing pieces, too!).

Anyways, long story short I thought the is outlandish because Kaph33n has actually gone further than he had to - after the deal went through, he was still finding parts he knew I was missing (PCB holder) that he made sure to get and bring to me.

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Just received word from Loegan that the machine has been secured by him. Sent paypal gift payment to him so all I need to do is get the shipping settled now!

this is going to be so sweet when I get my ToTD set up.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Now that the cab is in the RIGHT hands, when do we get to make that lying A-hole's life a living hell?

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
8227220301_3709138f6a.jpg

going to take a lil elbow grease to make her tip top... I don't mind doing restoration though. Planning on fully converting this into a Typing of the Dead. Where you at BIGTIME?

Last edited:

loegan43

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Now that the cab is in the RIGHT hands, when do we get to make that lying A-hole's life a living hell?

I sent Kaph33n the email received by the seller from this A-hole, I'll leave it at his discretion to post it if he wants. I'm waiting on the seller to provide me with the A-hole's email (it was hidden and gave the name "Horacio Hernandez". I've been pm'ing back and forth with arcade game (Horacio) and for what it's worth, I don't believe he's behind this. I think it's more likely this is a frame up. Here's the facts so far:

After I posted the craigslist ad (next time I'll PM you Chris). Chris contacted the seller via email and a verbal sales agreement was entered into.
A short while later, the seller is contacted by Mr. A-hole who says he is interested in the machine, lives in Huntington Beach and posts his cell phone number for the seller to call. He also says there is a scammer on craigslist from San Francisco ripping people off.

Horacio does not live in Huntington Beach, he does not have a cell phone (he's indicated several local members can confirm this) and he has indicated that given the shortage of space in his game room, he doesn't/didn't have any desire for the cab.

The seller didn't care for the douchey sounding email and elected not to deal with Mr. A-hole. Chris and I were successful in getting this cab into the right hands and I met a really nice guy (The seller) and stood around talking to him for about an hour. :)

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Just go ahead and say it

Everyone is pretty sure it was josh at videogamex who framed horacio and called chris a scammer. He is the only one here with a problem with horacio and we all know his shop is in huntington.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Just go ahead and say it

Everyone is pretty sure it was josh at videogamex who framed horacio and called chris a scammer. He is the only one here with a problem with horacio and we all know his shop is in huntington.

Heh, was just Pm'ing you about that, but yeah, I'd say the facts point to Josh. Horacio and Josh had some bad dealings and I don't think it would be out of character for Josh to do something like this. He's an unethical, douchey guy and given his track record (selling untested cabs while owning/selling several pcbs, pulling ebay auctions and the few things Horacio pm'd me about him) I'd put my money on it being him.

On another note, the seller also had this:

8228297410_38b1810087_m.jpg

He's looking to sell it, $3800 if anyone's interested. He used to have a ton of games, but sold most since he's moving. Really nice guy and thankfully ethical and a good guy like Kaph33n (Chris).

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Heh, was just Pm'ing you about that, but yeah, I'd say the facts point to Josh. Horacio and Josh had some bad dealings and I don't think it would be out of character for Josh to do something like this. He's an unethical, douchey guy and given his track record (selling untested cabs while owning/selling several pcbs, pulling ebay auctions and the few things Horacio pm'd me about him) I'd put my money on it being him.

He's looking to sell it, $3800 if anyone's interested. He used to have a ton of games, but sold most since he's moving. Really nice guy and thankfully ethical and a good guy like Kaph33n (Chris).

yea and it seems josh is also asking for impeachments, so lets just ban his ass.

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

leogan43 i just want it to say thank you.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
leogan43 i just want it to say thank you.

Hey, I'm a big fan of Karma. I've heard nothing but good things about you. VBA speaks very highly of you and I know you're a good local guy and liked by all the local members.

Chris (Kaph33n) has done nothing but good things here too, so I was more than happy to help him out. Karma goes both ways though, so I don't really have any sympathy for Josh.