Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

Hardened Shock Trooper

They sold 100 copies of Bang Bang Busters + 100 of TotC that are shit games.

Gunlord seems to me as the only really good homebrew game (EVER). People don't buy because of the 350 euros situation.
    200 euros games sell all the time on ebay for the NeoGeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    The graphics are cool, I think the only thing I wish is changed is the way enemies die. I don't like the sparkles and sometimes I noticed the sparkles don't show so you just see the enemy disappear when they die. I love when there is shrapnel when a enemy is destroyed.
    my guess is they are planning on raiden style enemy explosions, with shrapnel and body of the ship crashing to the surface. [i'm pretty sure those FX are just WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Fandangos View Post
    That's because they were thought to be long lost protos. Turned out only one of them is a proto, the other one was just shit, period.

* MEGS count depends on final budget. The budget depends of pre orders/pre sales.

Current budget 2012-09-19: ~200 MEGS / 1 game mode
    This totally reminds me of that kickstarter fundraiser of ReDUX, where extra stages were promised if the amount went over some preset numbers.
    Last edited by SNKorSWM; 09-20-2012 at 01:06 AM.

What games are you referring to? Indie/Homebrew games? You're comparing apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    The graphics are cool, I think the only thing I wish is changed is the way enemies die. I don't like the sparkles and sometimes I noticed the sparkles don't show so you just see the enemy disappear when they die. I love when there is shrapnel when a enemy is destroyed.
    I agree. Something a little more dramatic would be nice.

JammaNationX

Gunlord seems to me as the only really good homebrew game (EVER). People don't buy because of the 350 euros situation.
    That's because NCI passed them off as real lost Neo games. At least BBB was licensed but ToTc I still think was never found and they made the game from scratch and went by the screenshots. Just compare them and you can tell, nothing looks like the screenshots, nothing. Of course they made up the story of the data being corrupted or lost. BS.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Shame there isn't a stock counter. ~10 in the few pages I looked at sold at shmups, plus whatever here.

I just want another crack at Fast Striker and Last Hope o.o I have a soft spot for Neo Shooters o.o
    twitch.tv/redhothero

Timid Neo Newbie

id be more interested to know a shipping date for fast striker on aes

Timid Neo Newbie

maybe im the only one ? but i think taking pre orders, then announcing a new game isn't cool.

Holy hell, tate mode! Ask and you shall receive. I doubt there will be an option to play in horizontal mode. The hardware isn't capable of rotating the graphics.

Enemy Chaser

Is there only going to be Limited edition or will there be an MVS regular edition as well?

Poetic justice for this game to become available for preordering literally hours after I made my order for analogue cmvs yesterday. Pathetically out of funds. I think I will have to sell something to be able to afford this.

I would like a regular edition. But since they are saying the game budget depends on the amount of LE preorders, I am considering it. Hopefully they will offer a regular edition soon so I can contribute that way.

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by Mendel View Post
    Is there only going to be Limited edition or will there be an MVS regular edition as well?

Poetic justice for this game to become available for preordering literally hours after I made my order for analogue cmvs yesterday. Pathetically out of funds. I think I will have to sell something to be able to afford this.

already shelved the complete mvs regular library ?

there's a lot of good and cheap games you can play on your cmvs, right away
    if you re dying to buy/play this game, better wait for the popular DC edition...

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by xb74 View Post
    I assumed XYX might be a working title name?

NG Dev Team : Tell me there is going to be a Fast Striker and Last Hope reprint in MVS so I can get all your shooters on the Neo?
    I emailed about that a while back and they said "Pink Bullets MVS will be available again with one of the new releases. Fast Striker MVS requires a different PCB configuration and is unlikely to be reprinted."
    Last edited by FalcomAdol; 09-20-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Enemy Chaser

You make a good point. I am far, far away from collecting every other game in the MVS library.
    However, these NG:dev games seem like they are a class above most other non beat em up Neo Geo games. Im a huge fan of Gunlord so obviously a new game from the team makes me very interested.

Angel's Love Slave

I would like to point out that the last GunLord ebay auction started at $500 (=385 Eur), ended at $1175 (=905 Eur) and 3 different users bid on it. Obviously means more people want that game but they missed out the opportunity at the right time.
    "appleTV-like" Consolized NeoGeo MVS builder (take a look here)

Enemy Chaser

Fortunately they will make more Gunlord carts.
    No way will I miss that opportunity. Certainly higher priority than this new game.

Crossed Swords Squire

I am ignorant and confused about this, so who is developing this game? Gryzor or NGDev Team or Both? Not that I care, just to have the correct info.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post

So....is this a port onto the Neo?

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by broken View Post
    So....is this a port onto the Neo?
    Not really, it's just based on this game. Gameplay, graphics and music are new and specifically made for the Neo version.
    Last edited by NG:DEV.TEAM; 09-20-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Geese's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by distropia View Post
    I would like to point out that the last GunLord ebay auction started at $500 (=385 Eur), ended at $1175 (=905 Eur) and 3 different users bid on it. Obviously means more people want that game but they missed out the opportunity at the right time.
    One of the reasons I would like to try and get this while I can. It seems that NG: DEV games become instant collector's items and if you miss buying it from NG: DEV directly then better take out a lone to get it else where (at least from what I have seen). Hoping I can get some funds soon enough to to steal a copy from the rest of you jackals. >,>
    Last edited by Ukee; 09-20-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Actual Musician
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it

Looks BADASS!

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by NG:DEV.TEAM View Post
    Not really, it's just based on this game. Gameplay, graphics and music are new and specifically made for the Neo version.
    so there's no chance the name will change since you're using its engine and editor to build the game

Fio's Quartermaster

Quote Originally Posted by NG:DEV.TEAM View Post
    sorry, double post ftl P___P
    Last edited by @Alaska-; 09-20-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Thread Information