What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
SamSho 3. I think I'm going to play this game till the day I die.

Sam Sho III is a masterpiece. I know most people say II is the best, but, for me, nothing can touch III. Great art, great atmosphere. and great game play. A lot of people get run off by the high damage, but once you adjust to it SSIII is a blast.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sam Sho III is a masterpiece. I know most people say II is the best, but, for me, nothing can touch III. Great art, great atmosphere. and great game play. A lot of people get run off by the high damage, but once you adjust to it SSIII is a blast.

Dude, the hitbox fixed version changed everything for me.

III>II>I>Vs>V>IV

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Hey Michael Yagami, your XMVSF avatar is crazy cool! By far my favorite game ever.

Michael Yagami

Played some Pocket Fighter today. I don't think I've played that game in over 12 years. I forgot how fun it was!

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I've cleared MK9's roster through ladder mode with the exceptions of Freddy, Kenshi, Rain, and Skarlet.

Played some Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Customization has some odd outcomes.
Like how Yoshimitsu can have both his sword and a knife in the same hand at the same time
while seemingly occupying the same grip.

I don't like how it's a character-to-land-the-last-hit ending setup.
Luckily, I can play as a solo character instead of as a tag team and the game seems to balance
itself accordingly.

Michael Yagami

Fired up Marvel vs. Capcom 2 today on the Dreamcast only to find out my save was gone along with all the unlocked characters, stages and colors.

Looks like I'll be grinding on this until everything is unlocked again.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Fired up Marvel vs. Capcom 2 today on the Dreamcast only to find out my save was gone along with all the unlocked characters, stages and colors.

Looks like I'll be grinding on this until everything is unlocked again.

That's too bad. I've done that quite a few times myself. It was fun the first few times, a bit of a chore the last few. Good luck, though, and happy gaming.

Michael Yagami

That's too bad. I've done that quite a few times myself. It was fun the first few times, a bit of a chore the last few. Good luck, though, and happy gaming.

Spamming the shit out of Cable's Viper Cannon and Hyper Viper Cannon makes the grinding go a little faster.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Spamming the shit out of Cable's Viper Cannon and Hyper Viper Cannon makes the grinding go a little faster.

They call it Team Scrub, but Cable/Sent/CapCom wipes the floor with the computer AI faster than just about any team. Iron Man/Sent/Psylocke is a fun alternative to that team if you want to mix things up. You can still spam if you want to grind through Arcade Mode or you can work on Iron Man combos/DHCs, while Psylocke's assist gives you a free infinite practically every time.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I usually run Cable & Ryu and I rotate the 3rd member.

My main team for online play is Cammy/Psylocke/Sentinel, but I also play a lot of Psylocke/Iron Man/Sentinel or Doom, Ken/Storm/Doom, Anakaris/Ice Man/Doom, and other mix and match mid-tier teams. I used to play A LOT on Xbox Live (it looks like nearly 15,000 matches), but nowadays I just jump on the Dreamcast from time to time and run through Arcade Mode.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
what can I say? Yagami's sig rubbed off on me. I threw Xmen vs SF back in the cab:shredder:

yatzr

New Challenger
I've been playing a lot of Marvel vs Capcom on my mame cab. I had never played it before about a month ago. I really like that is has the easy mode...not because I use easy mode, but because other people are much more likely to play with me when they can use easy mode. I don't have to go easy on my 4 year old for him to enjoy it.

I also bought yatagarasu (http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu) when it was on sale. I wish I could actually play it...but I can't get the keyboard key mappings figured out, and their support is being unresponsive :(.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I've been playing a lot of Marvel vs Capcom on my mame cab. I had never played it before about a month ago. I really like that is has the easy mode...not because I use easy mode, but because other people are much more likely to play with me when they can use easy mode. I don't have to go easy on my 4 year old for him to enjoy it.

I also bought yatagarasu (http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/yatagarasu) when it was on sale. I wish I could actually play it...but I can't get the keyboard key mappings figured out, and their support is being unresponsive :(.

there was a thread about Yatagarasu started here. I think it looks amazing, and I'm dying to play it, but I don't play stuff on my pc. I'm really hoping that 3DS version makes it out at some point, I can wait!!

yatzr

New Challenger
there was a thread about Yatagarasu started here. I think it looks amazing, and I'm dying to play it, but I don't play stuff on my pc. I'm really hoping that 3DS version makes it out at some point, I can wait!!

I tried searching for it, but only found it mentioned in a couple unrelated threads. Maybe I'm not using the search correctly. Know where I might find that thread?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member

yatzr

New Challenger
sure thing buddy, there wasn't much there, basically just an announcement and video. but if you get your copy all sorted out, you should post some impressions, I don't think anyone here has mentioned playing it yet.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...for-download&p=3521421&highlight=#post3521421

Apparently I don't have permission to view that thread :(. This is kind of off topic, but is there a page somewhere that explains what I need to do get my account permission to do stuff? I don't even have permission to view my own profile.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

I think Marvel vs. Capcom might be the most user-friendly of the Vs. games. Back in 1998-2001, my friends and I had a ton of great matches in arcades and on the Dreamcast, and most of my friends had no idea how to play. I think the popular characters combined with the super over-the-top gameplay - the Crossover Combination team hyper combos rock! - really give it appeal across the board.

Strange

War Room Troll
The two MASTERS OF THE FIGHTING GAME GENRE are: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 and SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 TURBO. These games pack so much depth and competition you can play these games exclusively essentially forever. I also have a strong fondness for KOF2002, but 98 really is the masterpiece.