VideoGameX (Huntington Beach, CA)

Josh

Banned
IMG_0356a.jpg

The construction has been completed and yet the work is just beginning. VideoGameX is technically open for business in Huntington Beach and is literally selling everything from retro to next generation (including candy cabs). Online sales will be available, but walk ins are more than welcome to drop by! There's still work to be done so the website may not be up and running yet, but many people are helping to make this work. More support would definitely be better since the goal is to have tourney's every Tues and Saturday. I wanted to drop a line to anyone living locally and to anyone who may be interested in a future online purchase.

Supporting products from Neo Geo AES, Playstation 3, Wii, XBOX 360, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, XBOX, Nintendo/Famicom, Sega Master System/Mark III, Turbo Grafx 16/PC Engine, Neo Geo CD, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, Super Nintendo/Super Famicom, Nintendo 64, Saturn, PSX, DS/DSi/3DS, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy, Game Gear, NGPC, and PSP.

Call or come on down, we're also accepting portfolios for an in-house graphic design position. If anything, stop by to watch a show of Boomzies, or play Metal Slug 6, Lollipop Chainsaw, or anything else on the wall for that matter. Hourly rates are available for playing online (48 hour live card included).

Some ways to find us:
Google Maps
facebook.com/VideoGameX
videogamex.com

Currently, Egret 3 Candy Cabs start at $599 and can be delivered locally but quantities are limited. Get more for your home consoles when traded towards any Candy Cab.

IMG_0353a.jpg

I am one of the store managers at this location and pretty much put everything on the line to help get this vision going. Call if you or anyone you know may be interested in helping us move things along. -Josh

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
Hey man! Had I still lived in SoCal I'd be there to support your business. It's awesome that you aren't limited to only arcade games and offer console and online gaming as well

Josh

Banned
thanks yeah its really fun but allot of hard work. Too bad you guys aren't around these days. the weather is awesome!

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
What hours/days are you open? I may be in the area early next month, I'll see if i can squeeze some time in.

Josh

Banned
11-7pm Mon-Sat. In the near future, once everyone is completely trained with the POS, we're going to be shooting for 10-10pm all week long depending on the interest. For cabinet inquiries, appointments can be made.

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
But on a daily operation, is this a retail store or an arcade / gaming center? I got the impression it's a bit of both.

Josh

Banned
Selling games, consoles, and cabs is the focus. The in-store cabs are for tournaments and online gaming. Internet sales are coming soon. Its an insane amount of work but there has been a pretty good amount of support.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Westcoast has all the fun. Good luck with everything!

P.S. Buy some console stuff from me to sell in your store, I sent you a PM with the latest price. ;)

Josh

Banned
Westcoast has all the fun. Good luck with everything!

P.S. Buy some console stuff from me to sell in your store, I sent you a PM with the latest price. ;)

Thanks for the good words, I need to straighten out my PayPal and if you still have the items by the time its ironed out, I'll let you know.

Thanks Daivd and friend for stopping by, I forgot to get your screen name, but it's cool members are stopping by. Let me know how you like that Haunting genny game, looked cool, never got around to checking it out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hey man, when im in hb, i'll drop by also.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Haunting is a classic! Glad I rebought it. Cool store man. Anybody in SoCal, there is some cool shit to be checked out here.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I like the X of course. I'd drop by if I lived in the area.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I somehow missed this thread. I'll stop by sometime this week and check the place out.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
To bad we can not have anything like this on the east coast, I would buy two of those candies in a second if I lived near your store.

elgwido

New Challenger
To bad we can not have anything like this on the east coast, I would buy two of those candies in a second if I lived near your store.

Exactly, could use a store like this in the Baltimore/DC area.

Josh

Banned
Haunting is a classic! Glad I rebought it. Cool store man. Anybody in SoCal, there is some cool shit to be checked out here.
We'll definitely replenish that game then. I wanted to check that one out. Thanks again for stop by.
I like the X of course. I'd drop by if I lived in the area.
Hahaha thanks man. Huntington Beach is a great place to vacation!
I somehow missed this thread. I'll stop by sometime this week and check the place out.
hey man, when im in hb, i'll drop by also.
Yeah that would be great. Feel free to give us a call anytime.
sent a PM about a cab
PM sent.

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Good luck on this man, wished I'd seen this thread earlier, I was visiting my parents in Redondo Beach just last week. I'll make sure to stop by next time I'm in the area.

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Videogamex

Let me know if u need some design work. I wouldn't mind doing some work in exchange for an egret or something.

Email me at davidsunglim@yahoo.com.

I pretty much do web design, print design, etc. been in this field for over 10 years.

I'm local too... I live in Brea.

DreamTR

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Why can't I buy Candies if I live in another state even arranging my own shipping? I am a little confused about that.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Sweet! If I get a free Saturday sometime I'll definitely come and check the place out. I met you once ages ago at Boomer's to buy an AES game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You should find E3 panels for those E3 cabs, because people will pay $200 just for the E2 panels, it seems silly to sell an E3 for $600 when the panel alone is worth 1/3rd of that if it's in good condition. Or at least swap them out if you have ones spare.

Nice prices though.

herbertsmart

Zero's Secretary
Hello all, I'm new to the forums and to Neo Geo ownership. I'm in SoCal and get down to the HB area fairly regularly. I'll stop in the next time I'm in the area and perhaps you can give me a little education on all things Neo Geo.