Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection Announced

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Being one of "those players in the fighting game community" that travels all over the nation to play, hitting virtually every Major tournament that my funds will allow I will tell you straight up that SFxTK is NOT considered a good game by the majority of the community. Those same guys you talk about loving it so much only tolerate it because it puts money in their pockets. Other than that the game is looked at like a joke. In fact the last couple of major tournaments didnt even have the game on the roster because of its recent issues. How can a game be considered tournament viable when a game breaking glitch like the Rolento knife freeze exists, that makes the game 100% unplayable. But if you want reasons why the game is BAD, heres a few of them not only from me but from other TOP PLAYERS

1. neutral game isnt very engaging. at high levels the game devolves into jab jab jab (which is positive on block for some reason), fishing for a hit into 50% combo. Yes you made a point that it can be backdashed, BUT thats a basic level tactic because the metagame has been broken down further where if someone backdashes you throw cr. forward or cr. strong into link into 50% combo. or what you see alot of people "ghosting" the next attack, as in tapping the jab but also plinking the next attack. if its blocked, nothing happens. if it lands, auto link into 50% combo. this overemphasis on footsies makes the game boring to not only watch, but to play as well because the system is homogenized across the board. every character can theoretically do this but it doesnt make sense for larger characters or characters with ranged attacks or attacks that have deceptively long hitboxes to be able to play a lame game based around getting a knockdown into jab pressure. this is why you see the characters that are always played at the top, Ryu, Raven, Hwoarang, Cammy, Jin, Julia, Heihachi, Ken, Zangief, and Rolento. In fact Rolento is arguably considered to be one of the best characters in the game because not only can he play the jab game, but he also has a good invincible multi hit alpha counter, and an easily tagged special. now when the character that makes up 1/2 of lots of top players teams cant be played because of a glitch that was PUT IN because of a patch, then we have a problem.

2. timeouts are far too prevalent. this isnt a matter of people not knowing how to maximize damage on their combos, its a matter of the actual game clock going TOO fast and not stopping in crucial moments. its very frustrating to play a match then know its over when the clock hits 20-25 ticks left because even if you land the hit that will lead into a combo kill, the clock will run out BEFORE your combo ends because it doesnt stop during the extra long cinematics.

3. useless sub-systems like Pandora and the gem system.

not to mention the things that have already been mentioned like the on disc DLC and multiple technical issues.

O.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Being one of "those players in the fighting game community" that travels all over the nation to play, hitting virtually every Major tournament that my funds will allow I will tell you straight up that SFxTK is NOT considered a good game by the majority of the community. Those same guys you talk about loving it so much only tolerate it because it puts money in their pockets. Other than that the game is looked at like a joke. In fact the last couple of major tournaments didnt even have the game on the roster because of its recent issues. How can a game be considered tournament viable when a game breaking glitch like the Rolento knife freeze exists, that makes the game 100% unplayable. But if you want reasons why the game is BAD, heres a few of them not only from me but from other TOP PLAYERS

1. neutral game isnt very engaging. at high levels the game devolves into jab jab jab (which is positive on block for some reason), fishing for a hit into 50% combo. Yes you made a point that it can be backdashed, BUT thats a basic level tactic because the metagame has been broken down further where if someone backdashes you throw cr. forward or cr. strong into link into 50% combo. or what you see alot of people "ghosting" the next attack, as in tapping the jab but also plinking the next attack. if its blocked, nothing happens. if it lands, auto link into 50% combo. this overemphasis on footsies makes the game boring to not only watch, but to play as well because the system is homogenized across the board. every character can theoretically do this but it doesnt make sense for larger characters or characters with ranged attacks or attacks that have deceptively long hitboxes to be able to play a lame game based around getting a knockdown into jab pressure. this is why you see the characters that are always played at the top, Ryu, Raven, Hwoarang, Cammy, Jin, Julia, Heihachi, Ken, Zangief, and Rolento. In fact Rolento is arguably considered to be one of the best characters in the game because not only can he play the jab game, but he also has a good invincible multi hit alpha counter, and an easily tagged special. now when the character that makes up 1/2 of lots of top players teams cant be played because of a glitch that was PUT IN because of a patch, then we have a problem.

2. timeouts are far too prevalent. this isnt a matter of people not knowing how to maximize damage on their combos, its a matter of the actual game clock going TOO fast and not stopping in crucial moments. its very frustrating to play a match then know its over when the clock hits 20-25 ticks left because even if you land the hit that will lead into a combo kill, the clock will run out BEFORE your combo ends because it doesnt stop during the extra long cinematics.

3. useless sub-systems like Pandora and the gem system.

not to mention the things that have already been mentioned like the on disc DLC and multiple technical issues.

O.

Thread won via solid logic.

I approve.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Damn.

O just straight up BUSTED one on Stuart.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
My favorite part was me telling him he isn't a tournament player, and he came back saying "I don't speak for tournament players," while further speaking for them. Then a tournament player came in and shit all over everything he said.

Being the great psychiatrist of the stupid that I am, I will anticipate three possible outcomes:

Further denial, and questioning exactly what level of a tournament player Yashiro is

Further trolling (lol, got u guys! ur so mad!)

or he won't respond at all. This would be the smartest of the choices, which is why I don't give it much of a chance.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I must concur it's a solid prognosis, Dr. Wes.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I suck at the game, but everything O. Yashiro said is true as to why this game is so bad. I keep trying to play it, but it's frustrating as hell for all the reasons he mentioned.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Street Fighter Alpha 1 - 3 + Max are all in (PSONE classics and PSP download).

Announced on the Evo stream a moment ago. Apparently this inclusion is completely funded by Sony.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Street Fighter Alpha 1 - 3 + Max are all in (PSONE classics and PSP download).

Announced on the Evo stream a moment ago. Apparently this inclusion is completely funded by Sony.

Way to give us almost universally panned ports via emulation, Sony.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
PlayStaion 3 Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collectors set getting a ton of additional content such as the Alpha series, Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins notes and an upcoming Street Fighter Art Exhibition

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I hate these ports as much as the next guy but wasn't PSX Alpha 3 universally praised?

That's why I said almost.

Still, putting an inferior version of the game in a 25th anniversary collection as the only option is shameful. Even the Saturn ports would be embarrassing. It's apparent they're not going to port the games properly, so go CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 emulation or go home.

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
I'll wait until it sells mediocre and purchase it when it goes clearance @ target. I bought the regular version of marvel vs capcom 3 @ target for regular price then like two months later the collectors edition was on clearance for under $20

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'll wait until it sells mediocre and purchase it when it goes clearance @ target. I bought the regular version of marvel vs capcom 3 @ target for regular price then like two months later the collectors edition was on clearance for under $20

Holy hell I didn't know this was getting a full release. Last I checked, it was exclusive to the Capcom store.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All I really want is

Alpha 3 Upper
Vampire Chronicles
CVS2

I want them on both XBL and PSN, DLC only, no filters, no remix, no crap, just the games, good netcode, clean presentation, HDRemix lobby style. Done! Is that so hard?!

Also I wouldn't mind more UMvC3 characters from the previous Marvel vs games. Imagine Sabretooth and Omega Red back in bizwax!!!!

Last edited: