Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collection Announced

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Details

In all honesty, I'll probably start saving pennies now and buy it. At the end of the day, I'm still a fan of the franchise and the extras are very cool. I've been there since the beginning and this is a great set for collectors.

Well, except for the fact that they aren't including any of the Alphas or any original iteration of SF II.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
So we get to purchasse the games we already own again for the Nth time. At least offer the Alphas and the previous iterrations.

GAMEFAN

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I would not mind the soundtrack and remixes, or the documentary. The rest of the shit can be tossed as it is all current gen games that I already have. If they had the Alphas in there along with the different versions of SFII then I would get my money out. I'm not paying $150 for a light up statue or 64 page art book. Capcom is just going for a money grab on this. How in the hell do you offer an anniversary pack without half of your games?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
So we get to purchasse the games we already own again for the Nth time. At least offer the Alphas and the previous iterrations.

GAMEFAN

Exactly

It's missing the Alpha games but has SSFIV AE in it? No thanks Capcom, go fuck yourselves. I'll keep my money.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ah well... yeah, I already have most of the primary SFs in one format or another, but... uhm, I'm not a collector but I kinda like these box-sets.

People called me crazy when I bought the Duke Nukem 360 collectors edition with that silly statue and stickers and whatnot... guess it's my weak spot! :)

But man, it's quite steep, eh.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There really is no reason to not offer fucking everything. Give me everything. Make it the ultimate collection. Give me every SF game ever, and then the option to play Sega, Nintendo, TG16, etc ports if I get a wild hair up my ass. Jesus Christ, make something definitive already.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think I'm about done with Street Fighter. Capcom has done a spectacular job of draining all of the enjoyment I used to get from the series.

And I don't think I'd spend $150 on some super collector's edition this far into a console's life cycle. The games included are already available on current consoles and won't be playable on the next generation's consoles. At which point, they'll sell all of these to us again. It's fucking tedious watching Capcom go through these moves over and over.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Well, no, it's not a definitive collection. This, as Wes mentioned, would mean a box-set with every (arcade) SF ever made. This I'd buy in a heartbeat.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Don't worry they'll have the "Arcade Edition" collectors edition with just Alpha and Alpha 2 then next year they'll have the "Arcade Edition 2013" collectors edition with all of the version of Alpha 3 and maybe New Generation and 2nd Impact". It's gonna be great.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah. And a EX + 3D edition with a bunch of YT vids of nerds playing the games.

Capcom could easily drag this out until 2014 or 15. :D

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Oh yes the "Arcade Edition EX+Alpha+3D" Collectors set. Yeah we could stretch out the enjoyment for many years to come. Can't wait!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Eh, I don't know. Just saying the words "Street Fighter" doesn't give me the raging hard on it used to. I remember when SF2 first came out on SNES, and it was like the biggest deal in the universe to me. Now? Eh....

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Why don't they do a remix or re-release the first game for shits and giggles instead of reselling games almost everybody already has. I'd love to play with the original Street Fighter cast in a new game considering a lot of them were never playable in any other game. The only thing interesting is the doc, but it'll just get uploaded to YouTube, so fuck em'. Capcom's really shit the bed in recent years.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I don't have either of those retail games, so I might consider getting it.

I want to know why it doesn't include that totally bitchin' Van Damme movie though, if they were going with crappy tie-ins like the DIC cartoon series.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Hmm... I already own all the games in the package I'm interested in. And at some point I lost interest in all the knick knacks that just take up space in my house (just seems like junk to me now).

I'm with Wes on this one. If it was some kind of 'every version ever' kind of thing I'd be interested. Hell, I'd be interested even if it was just definitive ports of all three SFIII games. But it just looks like a bunch of useless clutter to me.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I saw all those discs on the page and thought "Well I'll be, Capcom finally released all the SF games in one collection!"

Then I scrolled down and saw it's a glorified collection of the games already out plus some extra crap. Yea soundtracks and artbooks are cool and all, but it's not worth $150.

Capcom died a long time ago.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Kind of silly if you think about the individual pieces in this set: the cartoon was really, really terrible, the proper SF artbook is around 350 pages and even the Tribute is a couple hundred (64 pages for 25 years? lol), the fan remixes can be had for free, the individual games can be bought for cheaper, and the statue - which is probably made of plastic - is no bigger than a NECA action figure. As for the black belt, if I ever saw anyone wearing that, it'd be pretty hard to resist the urge to punch them, take the belt, and remind them that being good at SF doesn't make them a martial artist.

Not good enough Capcom, and with the means to easily do better, this feels like an insult.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I think I'm about done with Street Fighter. Capcom has done a spectacular job of draining all of the enjoyment I used to get from the series.

And I don't think I'd spend $150 on some super collector's edition this far into a console's life cycle. The games included are already available on current consoles and won't be playable on the next generation's consoles. At which point, they'll sell all of these to us again. It's fucking tedious watching Capcom go through these moves over and over.

What really? I don't know about that I get the feeling Orbis or whatever will feature some sort of backwards compatibility with PS3. At least I hope so because if it doesn't, this will most likely be my last gen.

Outside of that, it wouldn't be a bad deal for those who don't have any those games yet but obviously the only who would buy this shit are die hard SF fans who already have most of this shit so...man fuck why does the 360 have to muck things up for Playstation. They could've easily included a lot of the PS1 and PS2 releases and and had a nice padded out package that really delivered on the SF legacy like they did with the PS3 RE collection in Japan.

I'll buy it for the extra goodies and sell all the dupes to off set the cost. I'm way too much of SF fan to pass this up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy shit they're not even including the original SFII. Worthless.

Not even Hyper SFII Anniversary Edition?

For $150 this is bloated.

How about an interview with the original creators of SFII? Seriously how fucking hard is it to do an interview, and why don't people do more of them in this industry.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Holy shit they're not even including the original SFII. Worthless.

Not even Hyper SFII Anniversary Edition?

For $150 this is bloated.

How about an interview with the original creators of SFII? Seriously how fucking hard is it to do an interview, and why don't people do more of them in this industry.

There is a documentary. "I am Street Fighter: 25th Anniversary Documentary" to be specific. so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple of interviews with Nishitani, Yasuda, Funamizu and maybe Okamoto if they can what alley he's hiding out in.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Eh, I don't know. Just saying the words "Street Fighter" doesn't give me the raging hard on it used to. I remember when SF2 first came out on SNES, and it was like the biggest deal in the universe to me. Now? Eh....

I dont think its Capcoms fault that you arent 12 years old anymore.

As for this box set...I cant really muster up the energy to really care either way. I have better ways of spending that kind of money but if a person wanted all those games it doesnt seem like a bad deal. I dont see the problem. Sure they could spend the time and money to port SF3 The New Generation or some other bullshit SF game and release it as a part of this collection, but would any of you honestly play it more than a couple times before realizing or remembering how much it sucks compared to 3S?

If you dont like it, just save about 90 bucks and buy VF5 and TTT2 later this year.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I dont think its Capcoms fault that you arent 12 years old anymore.

As for this box set...I cant really muster up the energy to really care either way. I have better ways of spending that kind of money but if a person wanted all those games it doesnt seem like a bad deal. I dont see the problem. Sure they could spend the time and money to port SF3 The New Generation or some other bullshit SF game and release it as a part of this collection, but would any of you honestly play it more than a couple times before realizing or remembering how much it sucks compared to 3S?

If you dont like it, just save about 90 bucks and buy VF5 and TTT2 later this year.

you're only acting tough because you're behind a computer screen.

I could kick your ass no problem.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What really? I don't know about that I get the feeling Orbis or whatever will feature some sort of backwards compatibility with PS3. At least I hope so because if it doesn't, this will most likely be my last gen.
I don't think you've been paying attention. This generation was the test to see if they could get away with not giving us backwards compatibility and you all failed it. Not only did everyone buy up the current gen consoles, but people in droves lapped up all the fucking re-releases of games they ALREADY OWNED in order to play them on current consoles.

You think they don't want to continue with that? When the next Sony console comes out, there will be a new MGS collection, a new Silent Hill collection, a new RE collection, a new Street Fighter collection, and every other collection of already-released games they can think of. And you dupes will buy them all again, AGAIN.

bryan

Geese's Thug
Is the only way to get disc copies of a couple games though right? I still agree its BS. Capcom Generations 5 and Street Fighter Collection for the Saturn have to be better than this.

Last edited: