What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Playing some Top Hunter. I'm digging' the foreground/background play mechanics. Reminds me of WarioLand for VirtualBoy

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm going to fire up Mutation Nation, and try to blast through the first 3 levels before I royally screw up!

s. k. technique

Kuroko's Training Dummy
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury 2, came in the post earlier this week, they never had it in my local arcade.

Otherwise, D&D on steam.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
After a year and a half hiatus, I'm back on my mission to 1cc Violent Storm.

I used to be able to get to the final stage (7). Since I've been playing Monday, I haven't killed the stage 4 boss yet.

It will all come back, but I must train hard…

EDIT: Ok, I got to the final boss, but I have a lot more work ahead.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ok, I got the Violent Storm 1cc today. It could have been a better run, so I might keep playing.

It's a 1-All. The "Violent Round" second loop is absurd and I lasted for 10 seconds. I don't plan on learning anything in loop 2.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've decided against sticking to Violent Storm just because I could have had a "better run".

I'm on the Knuckle Bash 1cc journey now.

Here is the only person who has ever looked cool wearing one of those fucking masks.

knucklebash.jpg

I'll be looking at this face a lot.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Been playing a lot of D&D also finally broke down and bought Dragons Crown. Game is as glorious as i'd hoped it would be.

Had 3 friends and we played through the first few missions. I went Dwarf and they went Amazon, Sorceress and Wizard. Soooo good.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the Knuckle Bash 1cc today.

knucklescore.jpg

It's a decent score considering I played without auto fire. Anyone who's ever played the game knows about those muscular ass shot boxing match bonus rounds. The game takes about 16 minutes to clear, but it's a fairly intense 16 minutes.

It probably took about 9 hours of practice from yesterday and today to get limber enough for the clear haha.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the arcade Golden Axe clear yesterday and I'm shocked how quickly it came.

I've been playing Golden Axe 1 on and off for years on the genesis. So I have an understanding of the basics, but no deep game plan of what to do.
Maybe, the genesis port is harder than the arcade version. I don't know, but I cleared the game after a little over an hour of practice. I've never cleared genesis Golden Axe before.

Anyways, this is the ultimate game of "working the planes". As long as you're always moving and never staying on the same "line" as the enemy for too long, without fail you can dupe them into getting eating your attacks.

Now only if I could beat stage 2 of Golden Axe II….

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Please exhibit skill show at next meat-em up. I am wait.

I don't think anyone is going to want to watch me play old crusty-ass beat 'em ups at what I'm assuming would be a fighting game oriented meet up.

But, uh sure. Request accepted.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been playing Final Fight.

I'm usually ending my runs at Rolento (stage 4). I don't think the game really kicks into gear until stage 5 though, so I'm in trouble.

I've only ever 1cc'd the snes port (doesn't count), but I think I'm going to stick with arcade Final Fight for awhile..

Last edited: