What anime are you watching?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I've been watching anime in Spanish lately. Ranma 1/2, Bleach, Inuyasha, School Rumble, and Speed Grapher are the only few in Spanish.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Picked up the first three volumes of DBZ: Kai on Blu Ray for a good price this week. Haven't gotten the chance to watch it, but looking forward to seeing the anime follow closer to the magna.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I bought Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens a long time ago, when it was still a limited distribution two-part release, and finally started watching it last week. It's great fun. Pick it up if you find the theme appealing and can find the set for cheap.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Currently watching:

Mazinkaizer_SKL_vol_1.jpg

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I actually picked up Yu Yu Hakusho on the ultra cheap, so I'm watching that with my wife who's never seen it. It's good shit

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If you like YuYu Hakusho, check out Hunter x Hunter by the same guy. It's even better, although it takes a little while to get going because they padded the beginning of the animated series to hell. Which is really not where you want to pad something, but oh well. Once it gets going, though, it's good. Darker than YYH, and the characters are a little more rounded, imo, although the author carries over a few character types from Yu Yu Hakusho.

The comic is better, of course, but I'm really not crazy about some of the choices Viz made in the translation, which makes it harder to recommend.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Highschool of the Dead.

Utterly ridiculous physics, lots of gratuitous bouncing boobs and low panty shots. Great for the ADD demographic, but not sure if there is anything to recommend yet after the first episode.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, Highschool of the Dead is awesome. Show is great, comic is even better. I highly enjoyed it and recommend it to zombie movie fans, even if you've gotten burned out on zombies like I have. This kind of made me enjoy them again.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Maison Ikkoku.

Still great after 25 years.

Dood, I love this series! I checked out the first volume a few years back and my brother and I were hooked! I was more surprised my brother liked it!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I actually picked up Yu Yu Hakusho on the ultra cheap, so I'm watching that with my wife who's never seen it. It's good shit
During the Christmas holidays, I picked up the YuYu Hakusho complete series really cheap from of all places...Wal-Mart. $10 per season was a bargain to me.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I was actually a little disappointed in the Highschool of the Dead OVA. Considering all the twists and turns the series and characters took, it was almost too lighthearted and fanservice-y (which I know sounds ridiculous, given the source material). It did however, make me want to dig up the manga series so I can get my fix after the first season ended. Anyone know if it ever got greenlit for another season?

Still working on finishing The Tatami Galaxy, which is fantastic and recommended to anyone who likes anime and is looking for something distinctive and off the beaten path.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I was actually a little disappointed in the Highschool of the Dead OVA.
Not an OVA. It was an actual tv series. And yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't get picked back up. The only problem is that the comic has been on hiatus, so they run the risk of running out of source material if they push ahead too fast.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've been watching Robotech on Netflix. I'm still surprised I never watched it when I was a big fan of Voltron growing up. I know the show was butchered to death, but I can't get enough of that opening theme song. That just gets me going for some giant robot fun. My brother still has Jetfire from his case of old Transformers toys, it was funny when I showed him the Wiki article about that whole thing. I saw they had Strike Witches on Netflix too, since I knew they made a shooter out of it I thought I'd watch an episode of it and I just snickered and turned it off not even 15 minutes into it. They should have just call it Snatch Witches.

I think tonight I'll start to check out FMA Brotherhood. I loved the first series so I'd love to see how the manga of it is...um..animated. I know some will snicker but I also preordered the first five books that will be coming out this year for the Sailor Moon re-release. It'll be really nice to own a good physical translation of the series. I think I bought two of the Mixxzeens or whatever the hell they were called and couldn't get past the English names and stopped reading it. The only thing I liked about it was the stuff from the author where she'd talk about getting fan letters from people around the world. I just hope they won't edit the hell out of it when they get to Stars. I heard the Mixx version was really screwed up.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
@ STK

Like Pink Sweets said, I was talking about "Drifters". I watched the series first and LOVED it. I'm kind of glad that they haven't pushed out another series if the manga isn't at that point yet, better than stuffing it with filler!

Fun note for anyone who didn't know: Kouta Hirano from Highschool of the Dead is likely based on the mangaka of the same name (who created Hellsing). He even looks like him.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Preordered the blu ray of Highschool Of The Dead last month, I have the manga around the house somewhere

Eric

Fight On!,
I just realized I never saw the third volume of Giant Robo OVA. I even got the stupid big eyeball case for the first volume but never bought the third volume or the Ginrei special.

Time to re-watch the first two volumes and then try to find the last one on the cheap.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Finished watching Gundam Seed. Thought it was excellent! Watching Claymore now before moving onto Gundam Seed Destiny.

Got to say Claymore is awesome so far - recommended!!

So glad I read this and popped it in. It's FANTASTIC. If you haven't seen it yet, get it. 5 eps in and I'm more than hooked.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Sorry, I mean Claymore, was pretty into it just an episode in but episode 5 was the one that hooked me.